rdalert447

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Race 4

$20 Win #7 Bright Blue 20-1

$1 exbx 7/ALL

Something fishy about this one. First time out for Gotera off a long layoff with Camacho up was so-so. Now Gotera goes to a jockey I never heard of, BUT stretches the horse out, which is a positive ROI move for him. The jock move reeks of a price enhancer. Might be the first Texas Bred I’ve ever bet.....

Race 9

$20 Win #2 The Melon Man 15-1

$2 exbx 2/4,9,10

Arboritanza cutting back in distance is a positive ROI move for him. Worried about Ochoa in here since his horses are going good, but his numbers with first time starters are bad. Threw him in the Ex.

16-154, +$763

Wednesday 4/18/18

Race 2

$20 Win #8 Athena’s Revenge 6-1

$2 exbx 5-8

.50c P3 5,8/ALL/9

Two in here from the suddenly hot Gotera. Siding with the new arrival to the barn. That’s been gold the last three weeks.

Race 4

$20 Win #9 She’s a Princess 20-1

$1 exbx 9/ALL

Interesting scenario here. Here’s a trainer who hasn’t started a horse ALL YEAR, but the previous two years at Tampa sports a 3-16 record with layoffs longer than 60 days. ROI in that specific category: +$220 on every $2 bet. Wow. Gotta give Wetherington a go at this price off the ten month layoff.

More to come.....

Race 8

$20 Win #1 Victory Spell 30-1

$2 Exbx 1/4,5,8

$2 DD 1,4,5,8/1

.50c tri 1,4/ALL/1,4

Arboritanza has fantastic ROI turning back in distance. Race is loaded with trainers I’ve been playing, so I probably guessed wrong. Beware.

Race 9

$20 Win#1 Gray Beau 12-1

Obscure trainer Vinson, who has great ROI up and down the board and starts very little horses, gets leading jock Gallardo in a finale that no one will be paying attention to.......

Good luck!

Friday 4/20/18

Playing two today:

Race 3

$20 Win #5 Salty Kind of Dog 8-1

$2 Ex 5/ALL

Arboritanza stretches this one out a furlong and switches to dirt. Love when the tricksters get sneaky.

Race 9

$20 Win #8 Extra Salsa 6-1

$2 exbx 8/1,2

Downing has great ROI stretching out in distance.

Good luck!

17-161, +$702

Adding race 3:

$20 win #5 Gran Nenuco 4-1

$2 ex box 5/2,3

Wasn't gonna play this at the low money line, but it's sitting at 9-1 with 5 mtp. Ochoa has great Roi here despite hitting in the 8 percent range, and he finally made some noise last week with 2 wins and a second. This one is going third off a layoff, so should be fit. Especially off the "public workout" last out at Gulf. Jock kept the horse three wide throughout, with no urgency to save ground. Last win was at this Mile distance on the turf as well.

Sunday 4/22/18

Playing two today:

Race 4

$20 Win #7 The Melon Man 20-1

$2 exbx 7/1,5,6,10

Horse is dropping in class and cutting back to a sprint, two if Arboritanza’s specialties here.

Race 7

$20 Win #3 Balada 8-1

$2 exbx 3/1,7

Going third off the layoff for Gotera, who sports a hearty ROI in those situations. Camacho hopping aboard is a good sign, as he’s been on all three of Gotera’s winners thus far.

17-165, +$594

Wednesday 4/25/18

Seven days remain, and we’re limping to the wire. Two plays today:

Race 2

$20 Win #4 Tomsonthewarpath 5-1

$2 exbx 2-4

Gonzalez finally got back to the winners circle the other day at low odds. Maybe she’s going on a mini run to close the meet?

Race 6

$20 Win #8 Kantharos Image 30-1

$2 exbx 4-8

Gotera, with new arrivals to the barn, and stretching out in distance has been fantastic the last few weeks. Now normally, I’d prefer a longer distance stretch than a half furlong, but I’m not gonna get all technical at 30-1.

Good luck!

18-167, +$600