Tampa Bay Downs- Winter 2017/Spring 2018

rdalert447

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday 4/27/18

Six days remain. Can use one more pop to feel safe....

Race 8

$20 Win #11 Just a Coyote 30-1

$1exbx 11/ALL

Copy and pasted this write up from 4/18:

Interesting scenario here. Here’s a trainer who hasn’t started a horse ALL YEAR, but the previous two years at Tampa sports a 3-16 record with layoffs longer than 60 days. ROI in that specific category: +$220 on every $2 bet. Wow. Gotta give Wetherington a go at this price off the ten month layoff.

The horse I was talking about ran a decent fourth at 35-1. Now here she is again with another horse off the same layoff, with six days left in the meet when no one’s paying attention. Interesting indeed at 30-1.

Race 9

$20 Win #2 Athena’s Revenge 8-1

$2 exbx 2/3,4,7

Race is loaded with trainers I’ve bet all meet, but gotta go with Gotera who has carried me through the second half. His stretchout ROI is super impressive, plus he’s wheeling the horse back in 5 days, AND going dirt to turf. Seems like he’s pulling out all the stops to get this one a W before the doors close.

Good luck today.

18-167, +$552

Saturday 4/28/18

Three today. Hopefully stops the bleeding:

Race 6

$20 Win #7 Spring Mist 10-1

$2 Ex 7/ALL

$2 DD 7/5,6

$1 P3 7/5,6/1

Deaton has three different layoff angles with this one, all show great ROI. Had this horse a couple weeks ago at 8-1, so hopefully it’s still sharp,

Race 7

$20 Win #6 Vive Le ROI 6-1

$2 exbx 5-6

Arboritanza has dropped off since carrying me early on. Hopefully he regains his winning ways. He sports good ROI turning back in distance and in second starts of the meet and beyond.

Race 8

$20 Win #1 Walkers Landing 20-1

Ubide has been relatively quiet all meet, but shows great ROI cutting back in distance here the last two years.

Good luck, folks!

18-169, +$480

Sunday 4/29/18

Four days to go. Playing two:

Race 3

$20 Win #3 Pretty Wild Posie 20-1

$2 exbx 3/5,7

$2 DD 3,5,7/6

Gotera has been money with new arrivals, especially those that are stretching out like this one. He’s trying everything with this one today; dirt to turf, stretchout, first lasix, new jock. Hopefully it produces some magic.

Race 4

$20 Win #6 Early Deligh 12-1

When I first started going through the Tampa stats, this Ochoa guy jumped out at me. A 10% Win rate over the last two years, but HUGE ROI. So was figuring on a big price or two. It hasn’t materialized, but I might as well stick with him until the end.

Good luck!

19-172, +$521

Fri 5/4/18

Final weekend at Tampa. Only one play today, but should be plenty on Sat and Sun. Looks like the regulars are emptying their barns, 6-10 entries EACH! Ugh....

Race 4

$20 Win #6 Clearly Love 7/2

$2 Ex 6/ALL

Yet another horse new to the Gotera barn. Angle has been good, so might as well stick with it.

19-174, +$473

Saturday 5/5/18

Whittled it down to a deuce:

Race 4

$20 Win #5 Gran Tepuy 20-1

$1 exbx 5/ALL

Yet another new addition to Gotera’s barn. His winners have either been stretching out or switching to Camacho, but at 20-1 I’m not gonna split hairs.

Race 9

$20 Win #4 Morning Grace 8-1

$2 Ex 4/ALL

Ochoa has been the most disappointing of this bunch. Handful of wins have all been low priced. I’ll stick it out to the end with him though based on his production the last two years.

19-175, +$441

Sunday 5/6/18

Last day of a LONG meet. Will go out firing....

Race 2

$20 Win #4 Word on the Street 7/2

$1 P3 4/ALL/7

Sinkiwiecz has good ROI going long. Been a little quiet this meet, so maybe we get an odds drift?

Race 4

$20 Win #7 Gucciguccigirl 20-1

Vinson has great ROI here in numerous categories but starts have been scarce this year. He does have a winner in the 8-1 range, though, so he’s shown he’s still capable. Hoping he saved a long one for the end.

Race 5

$20 Win 8 She’s A Princess 15-1

$2 exbx 8/2,4,10

Was torn between the Ochoa horse and this Wetherington entrant. Ochoa’s longer ones have been really bad though, and was really impressed by this horse’s effort last out off a year layoff. Was expecting a lower morning line, but the trainer only has three starts on the year, so she’ll likely be ignored.

Race 10

$20 Win #2 Pretty Wild Posie 30-1

$2 exbx 2/4,6

Gotera saved the meet, bookending a juicy pick three about a month ago. So I might as well finish with him. Great ROI third start off a layoff........

19-177, +$371

• 1 month later...

Odd two day midsummer meet here called the 2018 Summer Festival of Racing. They say today is the final day of the ‘17/‘18 meet and tomorrow the unofficial first day of ‘18/‘19 meet. Even though they don’t return until November. I’ll give it a go.....

Tampa race 1

.50c P3 ALL/2/4,5

Tampa race 2

$20 Win #2 Salsa Queen 8-1

$2 Ex 2/ALL

$2 DD 2/4,5

.50c P3 2/4,5/ALL

Wetherington hasn’t had a winner since 2016, yet still sports positive ROI. She’s the kind of trainer I love to follow. Her 2016 season was a monster, with wins of 61-1, 51-1, 36-1, 15-1, 10-1 and a handful at 4-1 and under. Can she ever rebound? Who knows but I’ll bite.

Tampa race 3

$20 Win #4 She’s a Princess 10-1

$2 Ex 4/ALL

$2 ExBx 4-5

Same as above. Wetherington has two in here. I’ll side with the longer entrant.

Risking $106