• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday 1/19/17

Played two today:

Race 4

$20 win #3 Mikebravozerothree 8-1

$2 ex 3/ALL

Second time over the course for Bradley. Anything close to the morning line is a steal

Race 9

$20 win #1 Look It Linda 20-1

New trainer I'm trying out, Angel V. Lopez. He has a ridiculous ROI in turf routes here, so I'll focus my plays on him solely in that category.

Best of luck!

Record: 3-30, -$79

Saturday 1/20/17

Hoping Arboritanza finally connects with a long one today:

Race 9

$1 P3 ALL/1/9

Race 10

$20 Win #1 Ms Scarlet Fever 15-1

$2 Ex 1/ALL

Second start over the course for Arboritanza, with a step up in class. Last one has the look of a prep after a longish layoff.

Race 11

$20 Win #9 My Solitude 10-1

Teresa Connelly is another trainer I’m adding to the mix. She’s got a great record here moving dirt to turf, so here goes at a nice price.

3-32, -$137

Wednesday 1/24/18

Lotta angles today. Whittled it down to these:

Race 6

$20 Win #2 High Beam 15-1

$2 exbx 2-8

$1 P3 2,8/ALL/7

Bradley has two in here. Siding with the longer one. His shorter one has had plenty of chances and shouldn’t be 9-2, if you ask me. I’d rather a new face. I caught Bradley here last year with a first time starter at 27-1, so the history is there for him in this mode.

Race 8

$40 Win #7 Closing Strike 20-1

$2 Ex 7/ALL

Bradley off the longer layoffs has been money here the last two years. He hasn’t struck in that mode yet, so trying to time it right.

Race 10

$20 Win #2 Ten Penny Princess 15-1

$5 exbx 2-5

Riggatieri with two in here. Again, gonna side with the longer one. He had a very active and succesful meet two years ago here, then something happened and he scaled back the starts dramatically last year. He’s back and active this year, with 3 W’s already in January. Dangerous guy.

Good luck, men!

Record: 4-37, -$86

Friday 1/26/17

Played a handful today:

Race 3

$20 Win #7 Grand Primpi 12-1

$2 exbx 7/1,3

$1 P3 1,3,7/4/ALL

Ochoa ran fourth last week at 80-1 with a similar long layoff type. Guy has crazy ROI with limited starters the last two years.

Race 8

$20 Win #8 Patient Digna 8-1

$2 exbx 8-9

.50c tri 8,9/ALL/8,9

Trainer Downing has great ROI here in turf routes. Caught her last week at 5-1. See if we can catch her on a roll.

Good luck to anyone playing today!

4-40, -$200

Sunday 1/28/17

Just wrote out like three paragraphs and the computer lost it. Not doing it again, but each trainer that I bet has great numbers in the type of race they're running:

Race 1

$20 win #9 Roll Channeled 6-1(Bradley)

$1P3 9/ALL/6

Race 3

$20 win #6 Nice Not Nice 5-1(Bradley)

Race 6

$20 win # 5 Love and Mischief 12-1

$2 ex 5/ALL

Race 8

$20 win #8 Chique to Chique 20-1

$2 ex 8/ALL

SIENKIWIECZ has great numbers going long on dirt here, and doesn't start many horses. Will try to catch him at a price in his best category.

Good luck, men!

A funny story amidst all the losing here:

Getting my tax paperwork together, so printed out my year end statement from NYRA to offset a small taxable win in 2017. My wife sees $16k listed under winnings, and thinks I won $16k and kept it to myself. Even after showing her the bottom line, which was -$3k, she’s mad because she thinks I should’ve withdrew every one of those small winners throughout the year.......

I was married for 15 years. She knew about my gambling and even encouraged it at times. She would ask "How did you do today"? and I would always answer with a net number. She would always follow up my net number response with "yeah but how much did you put out"? I would always have to say "it's always a net number don't you get that"?....."Well, I just wanted to make sure"......Fast forward through all my girlfriends since my divorce about 15 years ago....it's the same fukin thing! " I made $135 today sweetheart"!..."Yeah but how much did you put out"?... Holy shit, they are all aliens....