Forum manifesto (I ASK EVERYONE TO PLEASE READ)

Gabe

On the forums, nothing is more annoying than.....people who post in threads when a posting play is lost while simultaneously ignoring threads where the same poster wins and ladies and gentleman it has made my time on the forums unenjoyable.  It's childish and performed by many men who are older.   Albeit many of these characters are in possession of a severe mental illness and therefore this type of behavior is to be expected but at the same time, it doesn't make me feel any better.   It's hard enough to lose bets, lose money and then after that to be trolled and have the thread bumped while the winning bet threads are completely ignored.  I have showcased 100s of examples of this behavior.    If I lose 800 bucks one night and I log into the forums and see someone happy that I lost or talking crap about my play that makes it even less fun and losing money is not fun.   

The forums are supposed to be an escape at least that is what I thought.  When I first joined the forums it was a lot more about sharing information and there was a lot more camaraderie, now it's a dick measuring contest where everyone is outset to outdo each other.  When did it become a place where we make fun of peoples bet size, income levels, etc?    Where are the days where we handicapped together and tried to make money? 

I like to help, never said I was the best handicapper, never said I was rich or bet 1000s a game.  Never said I only shared plays with a few individuals because my opinions are that valuable.  But I have showcased a confidence in my ability to predict outcomes in games and some may say it's cockiness but I would rather label it confidence.   Not once have I not been humble or forgot where I came from.

Making money via sports gambling is hard but not impossible.  If you refrain from chasing, bet reduced juice or get bonuses, bet a similar amount on all your wagers or utilize 1/2 Kelly if you have a good idea of your edge then you should come out ahead if you have any talent whatsoever.    What gets most people is the mental factor, chasing, losing streaks, etc.  We all have losing streaks no gambler is immune to them. I have been mentored and have learned a lot from some wonderful seasoned veteran gamblers and for that, I will always be grateful and those people were introduced to me via the sports gambling forums.  in 2005 I thought that I knew a lot about sports betting but little did I now that I actually knew nothing.  There has been a lot of work, research and mentoring that has gotten me to where I am at. Via the forums, I have met some lifelong friends and shared some great times with others and for that, I will always be grateful.

If someone was going to research my posting play resume they would see that I indeed have been very successful.  There are some people on the forums that try and discredit me or say that I am misleading but if you notice they never have any concrete evidence of this.  Not sure why people I have never met, that hardly know me like to follow me around and claim things that are untrue but it has made my time on the forums unsavory and unenjoyable.  I have been a standup guy, don't disappear when a bet I posted lost, nor do I just bump winning threads like some claim.  Trolls have been posting a lot of incorrect information about me, misquote what I say, call me a tout when I have NEVER charged and the simple fact is I own a website that doesn't require any money to read.   I've noticed that people on the forums read a thread title and believe it to be true, the trolls throw shit around hoping it will stick and sometimes it does because people will PM me asking me about things I know nothing about.   It's become way to time-consuming and people say just ignore them but forum software does not make it to where they disappear completely you can still see when these people bump your thread or post in your thread so that is not a perfect science.  

If something is not enjoyable, why continue?

On the forums, nothing is more annoying than.....people who post in threads when a posting play is lost while simultaneously ignoring threads where the same poster wins and ladies and gentleman it has made my time on the forums unenjoyable.  It's childish and performed by many men who are older.   Albeit many of these characters are in possession of a severe mental illness and therefore this type of behavior is to be expected but at the same time, it doesn't make me feel any better.   It's hard enough to lose bets, lose money and then after that to be trolled and have the thread bumped while the winning bet threads are completely ignored.  I have showcased 100s of examples of this behavior.    If I lose 800 bucks one night and I log into the forums and see someone happy that I lost or talking crap about my play that makes it even less fun and losing money is not fun.   

The forums are supposed to be an escape at least that is what I thought.  When I first joined the forums it was a lot more about sharing information and there was a lot more camaraderie, now it's a dick measuring contest where everyone is outset to outdo each other.  When did it become a place where we make fun of peoples bet size, income levels, etc?    Where are the days where we handicapped together and tried to make money? 

I like to help, never said I was the best handicapper, never said I was rich or bet 1000s a game.  Never said I only shared plays with a few individuals because my opinions are that valuable.  But I have showcased a confidence in my ability to predict outcomes in games and some may say it's cockiness but I would rather label it confidence.   Not once have I not been humble or forgot where I came from.

Making money via sports gambling is hard but not impossible.  If you refrain from chasing, bet reduced juice or get bonuses, bet a similar amount on all your wagers or utilize 1/2 Kelly if you have a good idea of your edge then you should come out ahead if you have any talent whatsoever.    What gets most people is the mental factor, chasing, losing streaks, etc.  We all have losing streaks no gambler is immune to them. I have been mentored and have learned a lot from some wonderful seasoned veteran gamblers and for that, I will always be grateful and those people were introduced to me via the sports gambling forums.  in 2005 I thought that I knew a lot about sports betting but little did I now that I actually knew nothing.  There has been a lot of work, research and mentoring that has gotten me to where I am at. Via the forums, I have met some lifelong friends and shared some great times with others and for that, I will always be grateful.

If someone was going to research my posting play resume they would see that I indeed have been very successful.  There are some people on the forums that try and discredit me or say that I am misleading but if you notice they never have any concrete evidence of this.  Not sure why people I have never met, that hardly know me like to follow me around and claim things that are untrue but it has made my time on the forums unsavory and unenjoyable.  I have been a standup guy, don't disappear when a bet I posted lost, nor do I just bump winning threads like some claim.  Trolls have been posting a lot of incorrect information about me, misquote what I say, call me a tout when I have NEVER charged and the simple fact is I own a website that doesn't require any money to read.   I've noticed that people on the forums read a thread title and believe it to be true, the trolls throw shit around hoping it will stick and sometimes it does because people will PM me asking me about things I know nothing about.   It's become way to time-consuming and people say just ignore them but forum software does not make it to where they disappear completely you can still see when these people bump your thread or post in your thread so that is not a perfect science.  

If something is not enjoyable, why continue?

giphy.gif