What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

WOW

Well I'm glad they are not in my area as even a option....

Hope you can get it cleared up and glad you could make the SA transfer 

Not that I need reinforcement....but damn I love cash....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I skim more than I read word for word here...lol....just saw some 800K number in the post and since it's rito just assumed numbers....but the points I made would apply to 85K or whatever as well...

And as for your CA check....I would have left your bank and shopped another that would have dealt with the check in a timely and reasonable fee manor and opened a new account....even it I had to add some cash to open the account as well...just a thought...

Oh hey I just saw the second paragraph. When I got home I called my other bank which is Wells Fargo and they said the same thing. Apparently it’s a deal at any bank...checked it online, Unbelievable to me. I really don’t care about the time necessarily...but 2 months,,,,,really?? Would have had him wire it if I would’ve known. But there are steep fees international wires also. Bitcoin still a superior option.

Oh hey I just saw the second paragraph. When I got home I called my other bank which is Wells Fargo and they said the same thing. Apparently it’s a deal at any bank...checked it online, Unbelievable to me. I really don’t care about the time necessarily...but 2 months,,,,,really?? Whatever how to help wire it if I would’ve known. But that cost money internationally also. Bitcoin still a superior option

i've never paid more than $15

Oh hey I just saw the second paragraph. When I got home I called my other bank which is Wells Fargo and they said the same thing. Apparently it’s a deal at any bank...checked it online, Unbelievable to me. I really don’t care about the time necessarily...but 2 months,,,,,really?? Would have had him wire it if I would’ve known. But that cost money internationally also. Bitcoin still a superior option.

I would suggest anyone look into local banks or credit unions as stated by tjd if possible...

I have accounts at 2 smaller banks and make sure I use them a few times a month just for when things like this are encountered....

Especially loans if possible...cause that their business after all and you will be appreciated 

I would suggest anyone look into local banks or credit unions as stated by tjd if possible...

I have accounts at 2 smaller banks and make sure I use them a few times a month just for when things like this are encountered....

Especially loans if possible...cause that their business after all and you will be appreciated

Well I don’t need a loan for anything. But moreover,m there are all sorts of laws and regulations that make it take that long. I would imagine a smaller bank or credit union would take even longer. Believe me, I didn’t believe it. The rep at Wells Fargo didn’t believe it either but she put me on hold and came back and said it could be as long as 10 weeks. My bank had said eight weeks.

Even an international wire can take anywhere from a couple days to a week.

Well I don’t need a loan for anything. But moreover,m there are all sorts of laws and regulations that make it take that long. I would imagine a smaller bank or credit union would take even longer. Believe me, I didn’t believe it. The rep at Wells Fargo didn’t believe it either but she put me on hold and came back and said it could be as long as 10 weeks. My bank had said eight weeks.

Even an international wire can take anywhere from a couple days to a week.

Well I have a loan for my sons car at 1 with a great rate...makes them happy and I have his name on it as well so good for his credit.

I know of know "law" that would make a Canadian check take that long but I'm willing to learn so let me know if you know what it is 

“Why all the extra hassle? Well, to be fair, it’s a lot of trouble for the banks, too. Since the two countries’ check-clearing systems have never been connected, the only way for an American bank to actually get the money from a check drawn on a Canadian financial institution has always been to physically return the check to Canada for processing. Often times, they will send all their Canadian checks to one bank – most likely one of the major ones like Bank of Montreal, TD Bank or RBC that has operations on both sides of the border – and that bank will route it on to its final destination, where (eventually) the funds will be released and the American bank notified. Sending the check to the Canadian “gateway” bank takes time and money, and of course, it costs the gateway bank money to finally clear the check as well. So in the end, it’s a lot of work and a lot of waiting for everyone.”

How did you get around the wait? Maybe it was the smaller check in your bank just covered it? This was an $8000 check. But it looks like it’s the same procedure. I don’t know. The whole thing was baffling to me

at some of the bigger places like us bank, there are 2 different ways they can process a canadian check.

one is the quick and easy way, which is what they told me they were going to do... but then since my account wasn't real active and was on the new side, they couldn't do that so it went the expensive and slow way, with 3 separate fees along the way.

it all depends on the person doing the processing at the bank, you can try to sneak it in the atm as a deposit but you could still easily get a call like i did saying it would be a painful process since i wasn't enough of a valued customer.

my experience with a smaller place is at least they are open and honest upfront, and tell me it will be $72 fee, rather than jerking me around saying it would only be 50cents and then it turns into $145.