What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the kraken comes back to life and the beast looks exactly the same

could've at least upgraded the look of it or put a picture of fullmontycoin on it or something

Still under negotiations. They keep trying to "white wash" the coin, instead of putting the Asian guy on the coin with little junk, they want to put a white guy with a big junk... I suggested Asian guy with a big junk but they're not buying it

Still under negotiations. They keep trying to "white wash" the coin, instead of putting the Asian guy on the coin with little junk, they want to put a white guy with a big junk... I suggested Asian guy with a big junk but they're not buying it

Lol. Stand your ground Monty!

the kraken comes back to life and the beast looks exactly the same

could've at least upgraded the look of it or put a picture of fullmontycoin on it or something

Seriously. I am so glad to have gotten my stuff out of there. Was thinking about moving some things back, just for diversification, but no way in hell after hearing that. Actually I think that is why I left. One too many times of being locked out.

Lol. Time will tell. Any project can fail, but the statement you made about it being a made up scam coin by someone in their mom’s basement, (or whatever it was ..something close). when it’s got Dan Larimer heading it makes zero sense to me. The language in the ICO was standard.

https://hackernoon.com/dan-larimer-visionary-programmer-of-bitshares-steem-and-eos-7e6d94b241d7

Does this guy really strike you as a scammer? From what I’ve read, the greatest problem may be that he gets bored with projects and might want to move on at some point, but I don’t think he set out for a money grab here. Would you care to make a friendly wager?

He's not a scammer because it's right on their website.  EOS (Ethereum) tokens have no function and never will.  Yet, people keep trading them like they mean something.

He's not a scammer because it's right on their website. EOS (Ethereum) tokens have no function and never will. Yet, people keep trading them like they mean something.

It’s a temporary token used for fundraising for the ICO while they work on the chain/platform.

Also apparently Dapp hosters (ie, those running dapps) will need tokens to access network bandwidth and storage

As the network use grows & more Dapps come into the ecosystem, token value will increase as a result of the higher demand for bandwidth (which, as stated above, is achieved by holding tokens)

It’s true cuz I read it on Reddit. Bahaha.

It’s a temporary token used for fundraising for the ICO while they work on the chain/platform.

Also apparently Dapp hosters (ie, those running dapps) will need tokens to access network bandwidth and storage

As the network use grows & more Dapps come into the ecosystem, token value will increase as a result of the higher demand for bandwidth (which, as stated above, is achieved by holding tokens)

It’s true cuz I read it on Reddit. Bahaha.

Now, why would EOS dapps ever have to depend on ETH ERC20 tokens?  That doesn't even make sense from a tech standpoint.  You'd have to access both blockchains.  And EOS would be COMPLETELY dependent on ETH.

There is nothing temporary about the tokens.  EOS will not be running their own blockchain.  So, why would someone who runs an open source EOS blockchain after they (supposedly) complete development give ERC20 token holders anything?  What incentive do they have to do that?  And how would they even redeem ETH tokens on an EOS blockchain?

Now, why would EOS dapps ever have to depend on ETH ERC20 tokens?  That doesn't even make sense from a tech standpoint.  You'd have to acces both blockchains.

There is nothing temporary about the tokens.  EOS will not be running their own blockchain.  So, why would someone who runs an EOS blockchain after they (supposedly) complete development give ERC20 token holders anything?  What incentive do they have to do that?

They are just using those ETH tokens for the ICO is my understanding. I just watched a video on it earlier. Let me listen again.

Yes.  To fund the ICO.  That's it.  They have no purpose other than giving money to the EOS developers.

They will be developing their own blockchain. They have to put that language in there from a legal standpoint (just like not selling to US residents) in case the project were to fail to protect themselves. Do you really think a guy who has had two of the most successful projects in crypto currency would not be being called out by members of the community if this was a scam?

You know I am not tekky but I found this

“You can't quote the EOS legal docs to determine the functionality... basically that statement was to prevent lawsuits so they are saying, "EOS does nothing, and is worth nothing." This is an untrue statement, but they make that radical statement to protect themselves from future lawsuits, especially in odd cases like the project failing after the ICO. If they make no guarantee the token will do anything and if the project fails, they can point to that line of legal docs and say, "We never said it would do anything."

In fact, the EOS token will do something on the proposed system they are building. What the EOS token does is it has 'emission'. Unlike Ethereum, EOS will not have any Gas. EOS tokens have emission. Emission is not EOS tokens.

What emission permits a person to do is to run an application on EOS. App developers in the future will be able to calculate the quantity of on-going emission needed to fund their smart application on EOS. Then they can either buy emission from other token holders that have extra emission (rental model), or they can buy enough EOS to permanently fund their EOS application indefinitely (asset model). If a contract application on EOS takes 10 tokens to permanently fund, then that developer could perma-fund the contract for themselves and users by simply investing in 10 EOS tokens.

This makes EOS free for users, and very convenient for app developers in the future.

This issue was answered by Dan on the presentation he gave on EOS. Ignore the legal lingo is my suggestion. My guess is many of you are not in the USA. In the USA, everything we buy has legal disclaimers on it which all US citizens promptly ignore. That stuff only matters in terms of protecting people from lawsuits, often what it says is false for all practical purposes until people arrive inside a courtroom.”

And to be clear, I am not promoting this coin. All I am saying is it’s not an intentional scam that you have been calling it since it was $4 or so implying developers were some guys in mom’s basement.

If it had just been about a money grab, why wouldn’t he have just done that with the other two projects?

https://www.steem.center/index.php?title=Dan_Larimer

You know I am not tekky but I found this

“You can't quote the EOS legal docs to determine the functionality... basically that statement was to prevent lawsuits so they are saying, "EOS does nothing, and is worth nothing." This is an untrue statement, but they make that radical statement to protect themselves from future lawsuits, especially in odd cases like the project failing after the ICO. If they make no guarantee the token will do anything and if the project fails, they can point to that line of legal docs and say, "We never said it would do anything."

In fact, the EOS token will do something on the proposed system they are building. What the EOS token does is it has 'emission'. Unlike Ethereum, EOS will not have any Gas. EOS tokens have emission. Emission is not EOS tokens.

What emission permits a person to do is to run an application on EOS. App developers in the future will be able to calculate the quantity of on-going emission needed to fund their smart application on EOS. Then they can either buy emission from other token holders that have extra emission (rental model), or they can buy enough EOS to permanently fund their EOS application indefinitely (asset model). If a contract application on EOS takes 10 tokens to permanently fund, then that developer could perma-fund the contract for themselves and users by simply investing in 10 EOS tokens.

This makes EOS free for users, and very convenient for app developers in the future.

This issue was answered by Dan on the presentation he gave on EOS. Ignore the legal lingo is my suggestion. My guess is many of you are not in the USA. In the USA, everything we buy has legal disclaimers on it which all US citizens promptly ignore. That stuff only matters in terms of protecting people from lawsuits, often what it says is false for all practical purposes until people arrive inside a courtroom.”

Again.  That makes zero sense.  The ETH killer is completely reliant on ETH tokens?  Nonsense.

If someone intends to do something, there's absolutely no reason they need legal disclaimers that say that everything they've offered is worthless and has no function.  Name one legitimate company in the world where you see this behavior.

And to be clear, I am not promoting this coin. All I am saying is it’s not an intentional scam that you have been calling it since it was $4 or so implying developers were some guys in mom’s basement.

If it had just been about a money grab, why wouldn’t he have just done that with the other two projects?

https://www.steem.center/index.php?title=Dan_Larimer

Why wouldn't he just do the minimum to keep the appearance up and continue to make money instead?  What makes more sense?  Sabotaging it right off the bat?  Or continuing to do just enough to appease people who really don't know what they're getting themselves into?

Again. That makes zero sense. The ETH killer is completely reliant on ETH tokens? Nonsense.

If someone intends to do something, there's absolutely no reason they need legal disclaimers that say that everything they've offered is worthless and has no function. Name one legitimate company in the world where you see this behavior.

Again, only connection betweem EOS and ETH is the ICO itself. Apparently the eth smart contract locks in the distribution of the EOS tokens, and that distribution will be used as the initial condition for the EOS blockchain, which will function entirely independently of Eth.

I’m at a disadvantage because I have limited or complete lack of tech knowledge , but I just think that if it were a scam I would’ve heard one of the many people I listen to daily, call it that at some point along the way.

How much money do you think he needs? Why isn’t he taking all the money generated and in the Cayman Islands right now?

Generally persons are innocent until proven guilty. You are the only person I see outside some random people around the Internet who questioned it initially, but stopped as they listened and read more about the project. Since there is no working product right now my guess is it makes sense that they include a disclaimer in case the project sales. But to suggest it is an attempt to screw investors out of money is reckless given the guy’s history.

In any case, time will tell. I don’t know if the project will succeed, but I highly doubt he will disappear with investor money. I know there are interviews out there where he has answered some of these questions. I don’t know if you have listened to them or not. I wouldn’t understand them but people who do seem satisfied. There will always be someone calling every coin a scam including BTC. Has offered before, I would be happy to place a friendly wager.

What’s your favorite alt coin Monkey? Let’s move past EOS.

Again, only connection betweem EOS and ETH is the ICO itself. Apparently the eth smart contract locks in the distribution of the EOS tokens, and that distribution will be used as the initial condition for the EOS blockchain, which will function entirely independently of Eth.

How much money do you think he needs? Why isn’t he taking all the money generated and in the Cayman Islands right now?

Generally persons are innocent until proven guilty. You are the only person I see outside some random people around the Internet who questioned it initially, but stopped as they listened and read more about the project. Since there is no working product right now my guess is it makes sense that they include a disclaimer in case the project sales. But to suggest it is an attempt to screw investors out of money is reckless given the guy’s history.

In any case, time will tell. I don’t know if the project will succeed, but I highly doubt he will disappear with investor money. I know there are interviews out there where he has answered some of these questions. I don’t know if you have listened to them or not. I wouldn’t understand them but people who do seem satisfied. There will always be someone calling every coin a scam including BTC. Has offered before, I would be happy to place a friendly wager.

What’s your favorite alt coin Monkey?

Incorrect.  EOS in its current state is simply ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.  When you're trading EOS, you're trading Ethereum tokens.  There is no EOS blockchain.

Ethereum is my favorite alt coin.

Incorrect. EOS in its current state is simply ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain. When you're trading EOS, you're trading Ethereum tokens. There is no EOS blockchain.

Ethereum is my favorite alt coin.

I know. That is what I keep saying. It’s still in the ICO.

Well if ETH is ur favorite alt coin, explains the EOS hate ;)

ETH currently my largest position also. Even about bitcoin and far above EOS. Other than BTC and ETH, my favorite is usually the one making me the most money.

I know. That is what I keep saying. It’s still in the ICO.

You keep saying that these tokens have a function.

If they do anything on the eventual EOS blockchain, then EOS is dependent on the ETH blockchain.

So, which is it?  Are they ONLY funding the development?  Or do they actually have a function and EOS will depend on the ETH blockchain?