What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

You keep saying that these tokens have a function.

If they do anything on the eventual EOS blockchain, then EOS is dependent on the ETH blockchain.

So, which is it? Are they ONLY funding the development? Or do they actually have a function and EOS will depend on the ETH blockchain?

“At the end of each ICO period, every contributor will receive private keys which allow them to claim their EOS tokens on the EOS blockchain. At the end of the ICO period, the EOS ERC-20 tokens will be frozen and non transferrable on the Ethereum network. At that point, the token distribution will be over, and the EOS blockchain will have no connection or relationship to the Ethereum network. It is unclear when the EOS blockchain will launch in this period. It is possible that the EOS blockchain will not launch until the end of the ICO period, and that all price activity during the ICO period will be through the placeholder ERC-20 tokens. Another possibility is that the EOS blockchain will launch after the 5-day initial ICO period so that individuals can immediately redeem their private keys and claim their EOS tokens, and all price activity will be based on trading of the real EOS tokens.”

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incorrect.  EOS in its current state is simply ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain.  When you're trading EOS, you're trading Ethereum tokens.  There is no EOS blockchain.

Ethereum is my favorite alt coin.

me too

holding only eth/xmr at the moment, as well as prelf/grow (eth miners), and some gcap stock that trades more based on btc price

“At the end of each ICO period, every contributor will receive private keys which allow them to claim their EOS tokens on the EOS blockchain. At the end of the ICO period, the EOS ERC-20 tokens will be frozen and non transferrable on the Ethereum network. At that point, the token distribution will be over, and the EOS blockchain will have no connection or relationship to the Ethereum network. It is unclear when the EOS blockchain will launch in this period. It is possible that the EOS blockchain will not launch until the end of the ICO period, and that all price activity during the ICO period will be through the placeholder ERC-20 tokens. Another possibility is that the EOS blockchain will launch after the 5-day initial ICO period so that individuals can immediately redeem their private keys and claim their EOS tokens, and all price activity will be based on trading of the real EOS tokens.”

That doesn't make sense.  You can't freeze tokens on the Ethereum blockchain once they've been issued.

Where are your EOS private keys?

You should probably read a little further on in that article that you copied from...

"Now I would like to briefly explain how to participate in the ICO. Personally, I have never used Ethereum, so I will be learning as I go in order to prepare myself as well."

https://steemit.com/eos/@trogdor/the-eos-ico-for-dummies

Be careful.  That's all I'm saying.  Like I said earlier, I wouldn't buy EOS tokens with someone else's money.

That doesn't make sense. You can't freeze tokens on the Ethereum blockchain once they've been issued.

Where are your EOS private keys?

Sigh. You are certainly trolling at this point. Probably in the same place as my Tezos private keys.

I’ll ask one more time if you want to make a wager.

You're quoting people who don't know Ethereum at all.

But, hey. Be my guest. Go ahead and trust them.

I know I don’t know the tech side, but to suggest that YOU know more than some of the greatest minds in the crypto currency space that been around since 2009, is a little far reaching don’t you think? Find me one reputable person in the crypto currency space that agrees with you that this is a scam and what you are saying has basis and I will consider. And you don’t discuss the technology, just the ICO. . I think the greater question is whether the project will succeed not whether or not the ICO paper was written to prevent a lawsuit or not.

But considering you are big on Ethereum, it makes sense to me. You have been calling scam since $1.00. Is the former CEO of Bitthumb in on the scam also?

I know I don’t know the tech side, but to suggest that YOU know more than some of the greatest minds in the crypto currency space that been around since 2009, is a little far reaching don’t you think? Find me one reputable person in the crypto currency space that agrees with you that this is a scam and what you are saying has basis and I will consider. And you don’t discuss the technology, just the ICO. . I think the greater question is whether the project will succeed not whether or not the ICO paper was written to prevent a lawsuit or not.

But considering you are big on Ethereum, it makes sense to me. You have been calling scam since $1.00. Is the former CEO of Bitthumb in on the scam also?

many of those guys have something to gain by hyping up the coins they are associated with

might as well ask a barber if you need a haircut

LOL.  You act like crypto currency is some insanely advanced technology.  It's a bunch of extremely simple hashing algorithms.  I've been coding for 20+ years.  This stuff isn't rocket science to me (or any decent coder for that matter).  If you think I couldn't create my own blockchain in under an hour, you're wrong.

What is the CEO of Bithumb doing exactly?  Is he a developer?

many of those guys have something to gain by hyping up the coins they are associated with

might as well ask a barber if you need a haircut

You’re missing the point. I am not talking about people hyping up EOS, I am talking about the other coins creators NOT calling it out. Vitalek, who is the creator of the Etherum for example. Or other independent experts in the space.

EOS would be an ETH competitor. If it was a scam, why wouldn’t Buterin call it that instead of arguing the technology?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-vs-eos-shots-fired-on-reddit-as-vitalik-dan-larimer-clash

You’re missing the point. I am not talking about people hyping up EOS, I am talking about the other coins creators NOT calling it out. Vitalek, who is the creator of the Etherum for example. Or other independent experts in the space.

EOS would be an ETH competitor. If it was a scam, why wouldn’t Buterin call it that instead of arguing the technology?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-vs-eos-shots-fired-on-reddit-as-vitalik-dan-larimer-clash

it's a nerd club... why subject yourself to a lawsuit... why didn't any competing movie execs ever say anything about weinstein?  why didn't any other actors bash kevin spacey?

the emperor doesn't have any clothes on any of these things.  it's like saying my beanie baby is made of real cotton so it's worth a billion and yours is made of nylon so it's only worth $300 million

LOL. You act like crypto currency is some insanely advanced technology. It's a bunch of extremely simple hashing algorithms. I've been coding for 20+ years. This stuff isn't rocket science to me (or any decent coder for that matter). If you think I couldn't create my own blockchain in under an hour, you're wrong.

What is the CEO of Bithumb doing exactly? Is he a developer?

How am I acting like it’s difficult? Perhaps you could create a block chain, but can you get a crypto currency into the top 10? Are you saying you are as smart or smarter than Vitalik and Dan Larimer? Because it sure seems like you that is what you are saying.

it's a nerd club... why subject yourself to a lawsuit... why didn't any competing movie execs ever say anything about weinstein?  why didn't any other actors bash kevin spacey?

the emperor doesn't have any clothes on any of these things.  it's like saying my beanie baby is made of real cotton so it's worth a billion and yours is made of nylon so it's only worth $300 million

“Why subject yourself to a lawsuit,”. My point exactly.

How am I acting like it’s difficult? Perhaps you could create a block chain, but can you get a crypto currency into the top 10? Are you saying you are as smart or smarter than Vitalik and Dan Larimer? Because it sure seems like you that is what you are saying.

I'm smarter than you.  Let's put it that way.  Keep coming at me.

You're going to defend EOS to the hilt without knowing anything about what you're buying. Pointless conversation.

I bow out.

It is pointless. When Dan Larimer takes all the ICO money and runs to the Cayman Islands I will be the first to say you told me so. Promise.

I don't care about "told you so's".  I'm just warning people who aren't acting attached to EOS like it is their daughter.  You're obviously not one of them.

For the 10th time, I’m not attached to EOS...I am opposed to libelous statements without any factual backing. I would defend any poster or any developer if they were being accused of something with nothing other than a weird feeling about some legal language.

I just hope you didn’t warn anyone off of them when you were saying same thing under $2.00. :)

I’m sure you have the best of intentions. We see things differently. Would not be the first time. But for the last time if you would like to place a friendly wager, I am game. Would have to have some sort of time limit on it though.