What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting harder and harder to keep the faith that’s for sure

YouTube full of people who lost their life savings mostly younger kids in there 30s

Crypto currency was another outlet for my gambling never treated it like an investment

Just hope the posters at TGF have not done too poorly as it was a great opportunity for some of us

if BTC does crash and settle out at say...$2000.....what does it do to the sports book industry? How many books go under b/c they were on the wrong side of the trade?

2k still double what it was a year ago. 

for books ( and me )   i'd like to see it settle somewhere and not swing so much

if BTC does crash and settle out at say...$2000.....what does it do to the sports book industry? How many books go under b/c they were on the wrong side of the trade?

Dont kid yourself, it could go a hell of a lot lower than 2k(like 2 dollars). It's worth nothing, all you own is a 45 digit number in cyberspace.

Interesting article I read for those old enough to remember:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2015/02/beanie_babies_bubble_economics_and_psychology_of_a_plush_toy_investment.html

I took a paragraph out of this article and replaced the word Beanie Baby with Cryptocurrency, bolded the parts that were edited:

From this distance, it’s easy to laugh at Crytpocurrency fever, to mock it as just another pointless fad in a chintzy, hollow decade. But in the latter part of the 2010s, Cryptocurrencies were so much more than a fad: They were a mania, an obsession that ensnared  otherwise responsible adults who lost all sense of perspective over these cyber coins. People sold—and bought—some rare Cryptocurrencies  for $5,000 each and expected others to skyrocket in value. Looking back, it’s clear that the Cryptocurrency craze was an economic bubble, fueled by frenzied speculation and blatantly baseless optimism. Bubbles are quite common, but bubbles over toys are not. Why did America lose its mind over cryptocurrencies?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2015/02/beanie_babies_bubble_economics_and_psychology_of_a_plush_toy_investment.html

I took a paragraph out of this article and replaced the word Beanie Baby with Cryptocurrency, bolded the parts that were edited:

From this distance, it’s easy to laugh at Crytpocurrency fever, to mock it as just another pointless fad in a chintzy, hollow decade. But in the latter part of the 2010s, Cryptocurrencies were so much more than a fad: They were a mania, an obsession that ensnared  otherwise responsible adults who lost all sense of perspective over these cyber coins. People sold—and bought—some rare Cryptocurrencies  for $5,000 each and expected others to skyrocket in value. Looking back, it’s clear that the Cryptocurrency craze was an economic bubble, fueled by frenzied speculation and blatantly baseless optimism. Bubbles are quite common, but bubbles over toys are not. Why did America lose its mind over cryptocurrencies?

manias are fun while they last

people in recent years have jacked up prices of stuff like the princess beanie baby to $100,000... if you look on ebay you'll always find absurd prices for different versions of princess that aren't really rare or special, total scammers

Poster BAUS was a beanie baby dealer about 15 years ago.  True story.