What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

Eventually I will be, but right now I’ve got renters in it.....might move back there, but currently considering Minneapolis or Cincinnati. Zillow has it listed at 265,000 but I’m not sure it’s worth that much. The association fees are about 300 per month.

Is Kraken working OK now? I would like to move some money from Binance and after the past week I have a shit ton sitting over there but nowhere to move some of these coins and I’m not a fan of Bittrex, only because they make me jump through hoops every time I login.

You must have been on Cardono stellar ripple and enigma the last week!!! I made so much money on those this week it’s just stupid really. Unfortunately all I can think of is how much more would have made if I didn’t sell off and take a bunch of profit in the past few weeks...Trying to be responsible though. But I really want to get while the getting is good and it has been really good lately. One of these days though lightning network will go, and Bitcoin will suck up all the alt money again.

I hope Kraken has improved. Nothing like having six figures on one exchange, and then not being able to get at it when you decide you want to sell. I know they’re overwhelmed with people trying to get at a few of these coins, but doesn’t make it any less frustrating. Thought I was going to have a stroke yesterday when I couldn’t get in and was looking to sell some things.

sadly just ripple

for now i'm on the sidelines except for a little btc/eth and stock in grow and gcap

i guess that's not really on the sidelines  :laugh

grow has been defying logic, was getting crushed this morning when eth was over $1000 and then rallied big time when eth dropped... and that's their primary mining operation

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly just ripple

for now i'm on the sidelines except for a little btc/eth and stock in grow and gcap

i guess that's not really on the sidelines  :laugh

grow has been defying logic, was getting crushed this morning when eth was over $1000 and then rallied big time when eth dropped... and that's their primary mining operation

May be a good day to be on the sidelines. The last few days have been unreal. Can’t go up every day.

Brutal day. And I sold TRX yesterday to buy XLM. Literally the worst thing you could have done.

Everything just taking a shit from the high prices I bought at. Shooting fish in a barrel and I missed the barrel and hit my foot...

HODL. Never good to buy at an all time high, what did you pay for Stellar? Just be patient. The good ones go up, they go down they come up further. Sometimes it takes some time. Trying to time everything correctly is next to impossible.

Brutal day. And I sold TRX yesterday to buy XLM. Literally the worst thing you could have done.

Everything just taking a shit from the high prices I bought at. Shooting fish in a barrel and I missed the barrel and hit my foot...

well you could've driven all the way to new orleans just to take pictures of other people's food and not even go to the sugar bowl

Luckily I don’t deal in thousands like you guys. I had bought $50 more of XLM at .90 and just now bought $50 more of TRX at .17.

Have 200 XRP XLM and XVG each currently...and just a handful of ADA IOTA and POWR so I can say I do...if I had been in earlier and had more balls to have bigger profits like you guys I’d have a stronger stomach to trust things now...

Luckily I don’t deal in thousands like you guys. I had bought $50 more of XLM at .90 and just now bought $50 more of TRX at .17.

Have 200 XRP XLM and XVG each currently...and just a handful of ADA IOTA and POWR so I can say I do...if I had been in earlier and had more balls to have bigger profits like you guys I’d have a stronger stomach to trust things now...

whatever you're playing with it's still important

heck, iag is probably dealing in millions at this point rather than thousands

Ya I can’t imagine the swings, but I guess when they are profit swings that helps calm the nerves.

If this had happened 6-10 years ago before I was married with a mortgage and two kids I would be very rich by now with all this, but I don’t have the disposable income or gamble that I used to...

same here, i was a lot more aggressive then

I had 100 ETH that I bought starting at $72 up to a few at $400.... most of them were probably around $150? Rough guess. They sat at 300 for what seemed like forever...Like I said I bought just a few at 400 and they immediately drive down to 300. I was so mad for not selling at 400. I sat on them on for what seen s like forever (it wasn’t) I gradually sold them off to buy other things. It seemed like I was holding them forever. Just a few months later, and now over $1000 last night. Crypto time seems like forever but if you hodl, and it’s not a pure crap coin, it will come back.

Don’t sell unless you’re up really huge gains and need to take some off the table. If it drops, buy more on the dip. The last time there was a really big correction I got spooked because I had so much money in play that I sold at a really bad time. Within three days it was back up and over and it cost me tens of thousands in gains,,,,But I guess it takes that to push me to sell. I hate selling when things are at a high I always think it will go higher....which it almost certainly will, , just not every day. Starting to look like that was going to happen again today, but I wasn’t going to be shaken this time. I don’t need that money right away so I can wait it out. Things seem to bounce back more quickly these days. There is a shitload of money pouring into this market every day. If you go back and look at all the prices from even a month ago. Stellar was at. 09 on Dec 5. It’s had a hell of a run so natural some people are taking some profit. Sometimes seems like forever, but be patient it will be fine.

Ha...If I was in the millions (esp plural) I wouldn’t be doing this Mike. I would be enjoying life! But hopefully in 2018.

I’m just trying to get while the getting is good.

Oh, and if you don’t know the origin of HODL, Google it. It’s kind of a funny story.

I had 100 ETH that I bought starting at $72 up to a few at $400.... most of them were probably around $150? Rough guess. They sat at 300 for what seemed like forever...Like I said I bought just a few at 400 and they immediately drive down to 300. I was so mad for not selling at 400. I sat on them on for what seen s like forever (it wasn’t) I gradually sold them off to buy other things. It seemed like I was holding them forever. Just a few months later, and now over $1000 last night. Crypto time seems like forever but if you hodl, and it’s not a pure crap coin, it will come back.

Don’t sell unless you’re up really huge gains and need to take some off the table. If it drops, buy more on the dip. The last time there was a really big correction I got spooked because I had so much money in play that I sold at a really bad time. Within three days it was back up and over and it cost me tens of thousands in gains,,,,But I guess it takes that to push me to sell. I hate selling when things are at a high I always think it will go higher....which it almost certainly will, , just not every day. Starting to look like that was going to happen again today, but I wasn’t going to be shaken this time. I don’t need that money right away so I can wait it out. Things seem to bounce back more quickly these days. There is a shitload of money pouring into this market every day. If you go back and look at all the prices from even a month ago. Stellar was at. 09 on Dec 5. It’s had a hell of a run so natural some people are taking some profit. Sometimes seems like forever, but be patient it will be fine.

Ha...If I was in the millions (esp plural) I wouldn’t be doing this Mike. I would be enjoying life! But hopefully in 2018.

I’m just trying to get while the getting is good.

Oh, and if you don’t know the origin of HODL, Google it. It’s kind of a funny story.

yeah same thing happened with PWNED instead of owned

i always thought those kinds of things were stupid, the only one i like is fisshead because it is closer to pisshead

LOL. I didn’t know that about pwned.

Just found a screenshot of my Bittrex account at the end of November...another case where I know how RITO feels when he talked about his 300 bitcoin....which just goes to the point, you are probably always better off hodling than trading. I’ve done well, but would have been better i think if I just left shit alone.

111,1111 Stellar

50,000 Cardano

400 Lisk

10 Dash

7 Bitcoin Cash

74 Eth Classic

3638 POWR

Lol. Cardano was at .03. Currently at 1.23. In a little more than a month. I still have quite a bit of stellar and Cardono but not near that much. Don’t even want to do the math.

hindsight is 20/20 iag

cardano had a much better chance of being 0 than being 1.00

I know, and I may have traded into something that worked out even better. However, I Remember telling you how trading was killing my profits months ago and I still keep doing it. I’m going to try something and not trade any of my holdings for a week, and see what happens. No buys and no sells unless it’s the apocalypse. Let’s see if I can really manage that. Step away from the exchanges IAG. Read a book. Go to the gym, Something.

Hey Mike. Can I write off that bad debt of poster P? Quick Google search shows you can write up bad loans to family, but I don’t know about other non-business bad debt. If so, I don’t suppose I can get the actual bit coin in today’s value.

you get the value of what you gave at the time you gave it... it's claimed as a non-business bad debt on Schedule D as a short-term loss and will offset that amount of any gains you have