What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

They aren't OK with it they just haven't noticed it yet.  If they do you'll get shut down.   They probably won't for a while if ever though.  They are beyond incompetent I hear, gonna have to get an account there.

Lol. . Well they looked at my account when I called to question the debit card thing. I now have like 50 deposits into that account in 45 days and they’re all from Gemini....nothing...I’m thinking It is because Gemini is registered in New York with all the appropriate banking and regulatory people.

I just googled it and apparently they are considered as “crypto friendly “as any. Kind of funny that they cut off banking relationship with Bitfinex last year.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is their know your customer stuff comprised of?

I hear you. Well of course that’s one of the biggest pros of cryptos...Don’t understand how they can do that and provide no answers. Certainly there is a link of time within which they must provide you some sort of explanation? I’m thinking of buying gold again. I haven’t paid attention to metals really in years other than that plantinum I bought a while back. Is it a good time to buy gold?

the big banks and governments don't operate under the rule of law... all they have to do is say they suspected criminal activity... just look at the coast guard, they board ships for no reason, destroy them, and then say "have a nice day"... they cost a relative of mine about 50k in damage

it's always a good time to buy gold, everything appealing about cryptos is also appealing with gold, without the ease of theft by hackers/governments/banks/etc

would be a lot tougher for chase or bank of america to justify knocking my door down and grabbing some coins

I don't know but I have a contact in another department that handles a family trust that I'm going to have to call.  They keep telling me to call back some day and I do and nothing.

I really could have been fucked by that too, I'd been using that as my primary bank.  The $$ are all going to IRS so I'm not too stressed to get it, but would like it soon.    Gonna separate all gambling transactions from now on.

Well yeah, what if someone had a rent payment due, or some other bill that couldn’t be paid with a credit card and their account was frozen for weeks?

Yeah, if you have a family relationship with big money in their other departments, should help you quite a bit. I can possibly play that card with the local Wells Fargo if I need to....they sent flowers when my dad died...however like I said I haven’t had a problem with them... yet anyway.

Will they reimburse you for any fees for the items they are not paying if you are exonerated? I’m assuming they are not charging you fees when they reject those payments?

the big banks and governments don't operate under the rule of law... all they have to do is say they suspected criminal activity... just look at the coast guard, they board ships for no reason, destroy them, and then say "have a nice day"... they cost a relative of mine about 50k in damage

it's always a good time to buy gold, everything appealing about cryptos is also appealing with gold, without the ease of theft by hackers/governments/banks/etc

would be a lot tougher for chase or bank of america to justify knocking my door down and grabbing some coins

I guess I’ve been oblivious to that sort of thing. Closest thing I have had, is when my primary bank interrogated me and then held that Canadian check. In the end, turns out they did not have to submit it for Canadian collection or whatever, and I don’t think they even charged me any fees. All the money has been released into my checking now.

My one brother was huge into gold decades ago....not sure if he took possession, or if still in.

Did you look at that DGD coin? I bought a small amount as a hedge.

IAG, ur starting to slack off, when the market's red and bleeding, it's not time to slack off, it's when you're supposed to be most vigorous.. That shit was posted yesterday.   :bulb

Here’s something I did miss though. Nano/Raiblocks was listed on bainance yesterday morning, and I didn’t catch it till about three hours later. Didn’t notice if there was a spike in price....if there was one, I didn’t see it. What a waste of holding onto that for what seemed like ever.

Here’s something I did miss though. Nano/Raiblocks was listed on bainance yesterday morning, and I didn’t catch it till about three hours later. Didn’t notice if there was a spike in price....if there was one, I didn’t see it. What a waste of holding onto that for what seemed like ever.

Went up like 20% the first few min like always and came down

As I said a while back if u like Nano aka raiblocks, buy it after the listing on the dip.  :bulb 

Went up like 20% the first few min like always and came down

As I said a while back if u like Nano aka raiblocks, buy it after the listing on the dip.  :bulb

I didn’t like it necessarily, other than hoping for a quick 30-40 as most seem to so once listed there....Especially since it was the community coin... ah well

Ended up moving it to Binance from Kucoin and ditched it.

well it's up over 10% today so you're further away from being down

iag, haven't had time to look into dgd but if it's on the kraken i'll move some $$ over there and buy some

I’m not necessarily advocating it, I just thought since you were a good bug that you may have looked at it. It’s understandably very volatile right now. I have it on Binance. I don’t know if you have an account there. You can’t buy with usd there, but they will take up to two bitcoin worth of transactions per day with no information confirmation requirement. You can trade immediately.

https://www.binance.com/?ref=11161529

My referral link in case u are inclined to sign up. :) I’ve never given out a referral link before..... too bad since I’ve had like five or six friends sign up there.

Anyway, if you happen to take a look at it in the next week or so, let me know what you think. Above my pay grade, but I know that it was flying last few days when everything else was down. Obviously I don’t want to hole up in Tether, but I hate sending bitcoin back-and-forth between exchanges on my down time to hold in fiat, Thought I would try this instead. If market resumes normal activity, will probably exit.

I’m not necessarily advocating it, I just thought since you were a good bug that you may have looked at it. It’s understandably very volatile right now. I have it on Binance. I don’t know if you have an account there. You can’t buy with usd there, but they will take up to two bitcoin worth of transactions per day with no information confirmation requirement. You can trade immediately.

https://www.binance.com/?ref=11161529

My referral link in case u are inclined to sign up. :) I’ve never given out a referral link before..... too bad since I’ve had like five or six friends sign up there.

Anyway, if you happen to take a look at it in the next week or so, let me know what you think. Above my pay grade, but I know that it was flying last few days when everything else was down. Obviously I don’t want to hole up in Tether, but I hate sending bitcoin back-and-forth between exchanges on my down time to hold in fiat, Thought I would try this instead. If market resumes normal activity, will probably exit.

I bought some yesterday too and I bought it fairly high and I was surprised it just kept climbing, I ditched it late last night so that was fun and I think it's pretty good, I'll probably look to re enter again in the near future to hodl for a lil longer then a day lol.

not on kraken

I think we have weathered most of the storm.  Things might take another dive but it's just a matter of time until we get a decent recovery.  I think by summer we will be in a lot better shape.

From your lips to God’s ears!

Depends what happens with the tether situation I would imagine. I don’t have any idea how that will work. There is a hearing on 6 February but I’m not sure if that will be discussed...

Actual only confirmation I’ve seen that there was a subpoena comes from the one “unnamed source” and different media outlets quoting that same Bloomberg story Which originally made it sound like it was breaking news and they later edit it to say the subpoena was served in December

Chris Ellis who works at Bitfinex, did have a warrant canary removed from his Twitter mid December....

https://www.trustnodes.com/2017/12/15/warrant-canary-bitfinex-employee-disappears-rumors-swirl

I assume that is why they were getting their books audited recently. I read that they printed 2/3 of the tether since the subpoena was served....that could be read a couple different ways...Some say that is good news as they wouldn’t dare do that under scrutiny by the US government. Some say it’s just part of their exit strategy.

I bought some yesterday too and I bought it fairly high and I was surprised it just kept climbing, I ditched it late last night so that was fun and I think it's pretty good, I'll probably look to re enter again in the near future to hodl for a lil longer then a day lol.

Saw it go as high as $480 on Binance yesterday.

Saw it go as high as $480 on Binance yesterday.

I know it was the only fun thing yesterday till it started to take a shit , at that point I had my fun made a lil money, when shits red across the board and even if u make a lil bit, it's always fun..

That's like when a dealer shows an ace and yo uhave a 16 and u take insurance and it pays out and the dealer indeed have 21..

I know it was the only fun thing yesterday till it started to take a shit , at that point I had my fun made a lil money, when shits red across the board and even if u make a lil bit, it's always fun..

That's like when a dealer shows an ace and yo uhave a 16 and u take insurance and it pays out and the dealer indeed have 21..

U always have the good analogies.

Although who buys insurance ...much less holding a 16? :)

i believe that's called kissing fishhead

it's gross and you shouldn't have done it, but at least it didn't cost you money

ugh another sunday beatdown

any of you sick degenerates betting the bookmaker bitcoin props?

WILL BITCOIN GAIN OR LOSE VALUE FROM TIMESPAN  OF 3:30PM-7:30PM PACIFIC ON FEBRUARY 4TH 2018?  (ACCORDING TO COINBASE)  5:30 PM   WILL THE BITCOIN PRICE GO UP OR DOWN DURING 3:30PM Up     ODDS-113
500 USD NO PARLAY/BUY
Down     -117

WILL THE PRICE OF BITCOIN END IN AN ODD OR EVEN  NUMBER AT 3:30PM PACIFIC  ON FEBUARY 4TH 2018? (DECIMALS DO NOT APPLY)  (ACCORDING TO COINBASE)  5:30 PM   WILL BITCOIN PRICE END IN ODD OR EVEN NUMBER Odd     ODDS-115
500 USD NO PARLAY/BUY
Even     -115

WILL THE PRICE OF BITCOIN FINISH +/- $200+  US DOLLARS FROM 3:30PM TO 7:30PM PACIFIC  ON FEBRUARY 4TH 2018. (ACCORDING TO COINBASE)  5:30 PM   WILL THE PRICE OF BITCOIN MOVE +/- $200 OR MORE US Yes     ODDS-150
500 USD NO PARLAY/BUY
No     +120

WILL TOM BRADY HAVE MORE PASSING YARDS THAN  BITCOIN’S GAIN/LOSS IN VALUE FROM 3:30P-7:30P PT  ON FEBUARY 4TH 2018? (ACCORDING TO COINBASE)  5:30 PM   WILL TOM BRADY HAVE MORE PASSING YARDS THAN BITCOI Yes     ODDS-250
500 USD NO PARLAY/BUY
No     +180

WILL NICK FOLES HAVE MORE PASSING YARDS THAN  BITCOIN’S GAIN/LOSS IN VALUE FROM 3:30P-7:30P PT  ON FEBRUARY 4TH 2018? (ACCORDING TO COINBASE)  5:30 PM   WILL NICK FOLES HAVE MORE PASSING YARDS THAN BITCO Yes     ODDS-180
500 USD NO PARLAY/BUY
No     +140