What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it’s TeZos!! Hahahah. That is the only ICO I ever got in, so I’m a little jaded. Hopefully someday it will launch. I think it’s probably the second biggest ICO in terms of money raised other than EOS...just guessing.

It’s kind of a pain to get into some of those, but if I got the hang of it maybe that’s the way to go..Seems like that is where the smart money is going.

smart money already bought their own islands and is long gone out of the crypto world

just think of how many people that called bitcoin "lambo" made just enough to buy a lamborghini (or in most cases, much less) instead of millions

my guess is 95% of the "outside" crypto investors are pissed off at opportunity lost... and 95% of "inside" investors are so freaking wealthy they don't care what the prices are

smart money already bought their own islands and is long gone out of the crypto world

just think of how many people that called bitcoin "lambo" made just enough to buy a lamborghini (or in most cases, much less) instead of millions

my guess is 95% of the "outside" crypto investors are pissed off at opportunity lost... and 95% of "inside" investors are so freaking wealthy they don't care what the prices are

I mean the money that is still in crypto. As opposed to just trade in the exchange coins or holding. I don’t know, but I intend to make more money in this space. I just haven’t quite figured out in what manner yet....lol.

Unless it’s TeZos!! Hahahah. That is the only ICO I ever got in, so I’m a little jaded. Hopefully someday it will launch. I think it’s probably the second biggest ICO in terms of money raised other than EOS...just guessing.

It’s kind of a pain to get into some of those, but if I got the hang of it maybe that’s the way to go..Seems like that is where the smart money is going.

did you get the tezos email?

What price did you sell your BTC at? See I don’t look at crypto in terms of payment mechanisms, so that’s why I don’t concentrate on the transaction speed.What do you think of Mana?

Mana will only be as good as the games provided on the platform.

If a crypto is not transactional and not scalable, why would it be valuable to many?

What I don't understand is why someone would go through the trouble of funding an exchange to play a crypto game when they can play (probably better) games on their home consoles instantly with a credit card.

why did i waste $8 on the passengers vr game even though i knew it was terrible?  just another mystery of the universe

What I don't understand is why someone would go through the trouble of funding an exchange to play a crypto game when they can play (probably better) games on their home consoles instantly with a credit card.

I’m not a gamer, and not familiar with Minecraft, so I dk. I traded it in Nov and Dec... from $.07 -.12 a few times. Have been noticing the price and it’s held up pretty well in comparison to most crypto. Just read this article...about the extent of my knowledge..

https://globalcoinreport.com/decentraland-mana-taking-off-right-now/

Mostly just been following the price.

Recently?

two weeks ago....didnt know they were still moving forward, thought all donations would be lost.

d081fb1e-030f-4da9-8668-9bdd848f65dd.pngKYC/AML announcement

Dear Tezos community,

As the operational details for the Tezos betanet launch continue to be finalized, we would like to announce the implementation, at this time, of Know Your Customer / Anti‑Money Laundering (“KYC/AML”) checks for contributors.

We value and respect the privacy of our contributors, and along with countless others around the world, we personally oppose the unnecessary collection of personal information that has become pervasive on the Internet. However, it is important to comply with a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape. To that end, performing a KYC/AML check — as has become the norm for blockchain projects — is the best way forward.

To facilitate this process, the Tezos Foundation has partnered with a third-party vendor to conduct all KYC/AML checks. Contributors that successfully complete this process will receive activation codes corresponding to their public key hashes from the donation period; these codes will be required for contributors to access their recommended allocations.

Contributors should know that KYC/AML will be available post-launch. There is no need for contributors to complete the process before the betanet launch unless they wish to access their recommended allocations immediately after the betanet goes live.

What is KYC/AML?

KYC/AML is a due diligence process that allows for the identities of individuals to be verified. It has become a best practice in the blockchain ecosystem and industry for KYC/AML checks to be conducted.

Why do KYC/AML?

During the Tezos Foundation’s donation period in July 2017, there was no blockchain ecosystem or industry consensus on this subject. As the blockchain ecosystem and industry has matured over the past ten months, it has become a best practice to verify that contributors meet basic KYC/AML criteria.

We take the right to personal privacy seriously, and the implementation of KYC/AML checks is the product of careful deliberation.

The Tezos Foundation intends to use its resources to support activities that will advance the Tezos protocol, its community, and open-source technologies; the implementation of KYC/AML checks will allow us to support these objectives.

To begin the KYC/AML process, please visit https://verification.tezos.com  For more information on the KYC/AML checks, visit the Foundation’s website at https://www.tezosfoundation.ch. Stay tuned for further announcements.

Before you begin the KYC/AML process, you should check your contribution by using the "Check Your Contribution" tool at https:/check.tezos.com if you have not already done so.

Thank you,

The Tezos Foundation

two weeks ago....didnt know they were still moving forward, thought all donations would be lost.

d081fb1e-030f-4da9-8668-9bdd848f65dd.png

Hmmm. I don’t think I got that email. I had heard something about the KYC and a lot of people were pissed off to about not knowing their password or something or other. Maybe they had used a fake email or something. I forget the whole deal, but I know there were a lot of upset people. I tracked down my information, but I really need to look at it further.

KYC/AML announcement

Dear Tezos community,

As the operational details for the Tezos betanet launch continue to be finalized, we would like to announce the implementation, at this time, of Know Your Customer / Anti‑Money Laundering (“KYC/AML”) checks for contributors.

We value and respect the privacy of our contributors, and along with countless others around the world, we personally oppose the unnecessary collection of personal information that has become pervasive on the Internet. However, it is important to comply with a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape. To that end, performing a KYC/AML check — as has become the norm for blockchain projects — is the best way forward.

To facilitate this process, the Tezos Foundation has partnered with a third-party vendor to conduct all KYC/AML checks. Contributors that successfully complete this process will receive activation codes corresponding to their public key hashes from the donation period; these codes will be required for contributors to access their recommended allocations.

Contributors should know that KYC/AML will be available post-launch. There is no need for contributors to complete the process before the betanet launch unless they wish to access their recommended allocations immediately after the betanet goes live.

What is KYC/AML?

KYC/AML is a due diligence process that allows for the identities of individuals to be verified. It has become a best practice in the blockchain ecosystem and industry for KYC/AML checks to be conducted.

Why do KYC/AML?

During the Tezos Foundation’s donation period in July 2017, there was no blockchain ecosystem or industry consensus on this subject. As the blockchain ecosystem and industry has matured over the past ten months, it has become a best practice to verify that contributors meet basic KYC/AML criteria.

We take the right to personal privacy seriously, and the implementation of KYC/AML checks is the product of careful deliberation.

The Tezos Foundation intends to use its resources to support activities that will advance the Tezos protocol, its community, and open-source technologies; the implementation of KYC/AML checks will allow us to support these objectives.

To begin the KYC/AML process, please visit https://verification.tezos.com For more information on the KYC/AML checks, visit the Foundation’s website at https://www.tezosfoundation.ch. Stay tuned for further announcements.

Before you begin the KYC/AML process, you should check your contribution by using the "Check Your Contribution" tool at https:/check.tezos.com if you have not already done so.

Thank you,

The Tezos Foundation

Hmmm. I don’t think I got that email. I had heard something about the KYC and a lot of people were pissed off to about not knowing their password or something or other. Maybe they had used a fake email or something. I forget the whole deal, but I know there were a lot of upset people. I tracked down my information, but I really need to look at it further.

You know what I mean.

XVG? If you're going to be an asshole, at least get your facts straight.

Ha. Lighten up. It was funny. What facts straight? You said you could find the same article about any coin. I was just being silly. But I don’t get what facts I missed in that joke.

Not this girl. I’m busy watching Glee ...you ever watch Glee ? It’s pretty painful. I’m not sure why I’m still watching it. It must get better. Certainly.

I will not admit that I have seen that show on this forum! Hahahaha. 

Actually, I knew someone who used to write for it so I checked it out some. I couldn't stand it, though.