What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

They took down all of the sell orders.  Probably to put their orders in at the top of the order book.

Very similar to the VIA hack at Binance back in March or so.

So I read someone said to think twice before using API on an exchange. Is that good advice? I don’t currently, but was thinking of hooking up my account to one of those automatic gains trackers. I do it all manually now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I read someone said to think twice before using API on an exchange. Is that good advice? I don’t currently, but was thinking of hooking up my account to one of those automatic gains trackers. I do it all manually now.

I use exchange API's for my trading bot.  There's no inherent danger there.  People who are saying that the API was "hacked" are likely wrong.  The hackers probably created API keys on hacked accounts.

I guess it depends.  Not sure if they actually were able to withdraw the funds or not.  The hackers likely used accounts that weren't theirs and wiped out their balances.

Sounds like they got the 7000 BTC out of there before Binance stopped withdrawls. Just what this little rally needed was some FUD. Ugh.

Hacking someone's API keys is about as hard as hacking someone's BTC private key.  Not going to happen unless they find a major bug in the software.

But creating API keys if someone can access your account is trivial.

. Gotcha. So sounds like I would be safe to set that up. need to have something connected for tax purposes if I trade or transfer...otherwise my records will be a disaster. Of course I haven’t traded much this year for mostly that reason.

Fellow Binancians,

Due to irregular trading on some APIs, Binance will remove all existing API keys as a precautionary security measure. All API users are requested to recreate their API keys.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your patience.

Thanks for your support!

Binance Team

2018/07/04

Site still has trading shut down.

How can anyone watch hours of these crypto videos day after day?

I watch 1-2 5 minute videos a day IF that...probably average 5-6 per week these days. But if I watch them,I am usually watching Crypto Daily because he is short and to the point...highlights the major events.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to check to see if Binance approved me. Should do that here in a bit. 

Altho I got this new asian pal who talked me out of ICON.

Probably smart. What was his/her reasoning? I think I sold what little icon I had last week along with some smaller position alts. As it gets closer to August and a possible decision on the bitcoin ETF, there will probably continue to be more money flowing into bitcoin and out of the lesser alts.

Probably smart. What was his/her reasoning? I think I sold what little icon I had last week along with some smaller position alts. As it gets closer to August and a possible decision on the bitcoin ETF, there will probably continue to be more money flowing into bitcoin and out of the lesser alts.

She's a bitcoin or nothing type gal and told me that asians were all into icon like I was thinking due to that one article. 

Laughed at my theory/hope that south korea would make all asian countries want it. 

She's a bitcoin or nothing type gal and told me that asians were all into icon like I was thinking due to that one article. 

Laughed at my theory/hope that south korea would make all asian countries want it.

You can talk yourself into any of these coins by reading the hype. It’s easy to do. Plenty of people out pumping each and every coin.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

interesting

this article would have more "legs" if we actually had a valid ATM BTC card for our country...

as far as I know... no ATM BTC card company is servicing Costa Ricans...

I think I bought a Wirex card a year ago for like $25 and never arrived, and they never replied to my complains

interesting

this article would have more "legs" if we actually had a valid ATM BTC card for our country...

as far as I know... no ATM BTC card company is servicing Costa Ricans...

I think I bought a Wirex card a year ago for like $25 and never arrived, and they never replied to my complains

Supposedly one in San Jose and one in Delmonical? I just picked an article, but I read a number of them regarding the same thing in the last week.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

Supposedly one in San Jose and one in Delmonical? I just picked an article, but I read a number of them regarding the same thing in the last week.

yeah we have ATMs

what I mean is that I have not found a company that will send me an ATM BTC card... so I can actually use them  :laugh

Wirex stiffed me