What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

just think of all those people that bought stock in crypto companies near the top

riot - high of 46.20, now at 6.74

lfin - high of 142.82, now at 6.20

gbtc - high of 38.71, now at 9.75

lbcc - high of 9.49, now at .32

a lot of multi millionaires and even billionaires were made from cryptos over the past couple years... other than the mining community though, the investment community has more losers than winners (although for much smaller average amounts, nobody was really losing a billion)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that happened, it was called BRE-X

company even painted rocks gold and pretended they were real to investors/analysts/bankers

$6 billion at the time was a major fraud... now eos is still worth almost $6 billion and nobody seems to care that it's a total fraud

You're right, and that was a fraud, but crypto mining is "real"? The point is why waste your time pretending to mine them, why not just pass em out?

miners have already been slaughtered... I've always said that cryptos are far different than precious metals, at some point gold/silver/platinum won't trade much below the mining cost because there is always inherent investment demand

cryptos are the opposite, there is always inherent supply because of the ico's and creators that gave themselves tons of free money out of thin air, and at some point there is no demand for a worthless asset

how is eth in the top 2 coins of mining profitability? aren't DCR and AION much more profitable (among others)?

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dcr?HashingPower=2400&HashingUnit=GH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1000&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

Those are ASIC mined coins. Can't GPU mine them profitably.

Going to purchase some eth today. Was hoping to buy back in under 300 but 330 is probably good enough

joey NOOOOOOO

don't catch a falling knife, especially when there's no inherent value

supply is still gonna ridiculously outweigh demand for all these cryptos... think of all the ico's where they couldn't sell for a period of time (usually a year)

yes eth might bounce but 5 years from now the price is gonna be 0, and 5 years from now something else that you buy for 330 is gonna be worth 500

one of the greatest frauds in history unraveling before our eyes, crypto market cap now under $200 billion total

this was inevitable... there are 1832 cryptocurrencies, which is at least 1830 too many

would be funny if the blockchain cruise sunk along with the price of alts, everyone on board is probably gonna jump overboard anyway lol

https://coinsbank.com/cruise-europe#section-home

There's a point where you need to start worrying about books that deal in crypto.

Who knows how they're handling their portfolios...

at least they're probably sitting on mostly bitcoin which has held up remarkably well

market is acting like there's bitcoin and then everything else will go the way of Betamax, hd-dvd, and tivo

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the bright side...BTC still up 50 percent over a year ago.

Even shitcoin XRP is up 25 percent. I’m not selling at these prices. If bit coin drops below five I will probably buy more...otherwise I’m just holding...and won’t buy anything altcoins anytime soon any time soon. I still have a decent investment spread across 10 or so coins... but I am considering that money gone and if there’s any left in 10 years or if it’s made me any more money, better yet. Only way to stay sane is treat it like a gamble and consider it at zero and hope to be pleasantly surprised in a few years.

I will definitely hold thru the next halving.