What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

“The blockchain space is getting to the point where there’s a ceiling in sight. If you talk to the average educated person at this point, they probably have heard of blockchain at least once. There isn’t an opportunity for yet another 1,000-times growth in anything in the space anymore.”

-Vitalik Buterin

https://www.ccn.com/why-ethereum-co-creator-believes-days-of-1000x-crypto-growth-is-gone/amp/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“The blockchain space is getting to the point where there’s a ceiling in sight. If you talk to the average educated person at this point, they probably have heard of blockchain at least once. There isn’t an opportunity for yet another 1,000-times growth in anything in the space anymore.”

-Vitalik Buterin

https://www.ccn.com/why-ethereum-co-creator-believes-days-of-1000x-crypto-growth-is-gone/amp/

Yeah I read that earlier. I’m not looking for 1000% gains.

How is BTC supply being reduced exactly?

The supply will not increase.

I’m not interested in arguing semantics. I don’t care what anybody else does. I have less than zero interest in what anyone else thinks or chooses to do with crypto. I cannot stress that enough. There was a time I did. Times have changed and I’ve made enough money in the space that I am OK with letting my current investment ride. I’m not recommending anybody else do anything. For me it’s the right move. For me.

Except that the supply will not stay constant or increase.

Ok, stubborn. The supply will not stay constant or increase? That leaves one thing left - reduction, which is certainly not happening. Nobody's coins are vanishing over night. And block rewards for miners are increased supply. In the very best case, supply stays constant.

I would disagree. With the amount that are lost each year, unless they make changes to the protocol to allow for more than 21 million, supply will decrease.

You think there are more coins being lost every 10 minutes than the amount added to circulation with block rewards? I can't see how that's possible. Nobody would use it if that's the case.

Just not that many noobs out there these days.

You think there are more coins being lost every 10 minutes than the amount added to circulation with block rewards? I can't see how that's possible. Nobody would use it if that's the case.

Just not that many noobs out there these days.

You said the supply would not be reduced over time. if there are ANY lost, it would mean that there can only be a reduced amount. There cannot ever be more...unless protocol is changed. I am not referring to the current total spendable supply....that may be where we are missing each other’s point. I’m looking down the road considering the current algorithm.

You said the supply would not be reduced over time. if there are ANY lost, it would mean that there can only be a reduced amount. There cannot ever be more...unless protocol is changed. I am not referring to the current total spendable supply....that may be where we are missing each other’s point. I’m looking down the road considering the current algorithm.

There are coins not in circulation until they are rewarded to miners.  So, the supply is always increasing.  That's what block rewards are.

If you want to get technical with not referring to "the current total spendable supply", the number of BTC would never be reduced.  Even if coins are lost, they still exist.  Just as unmined rewards exist.

2140. They can halve down to 0.00000001 BTC rewards.

Yeah whenever it is, my point is valid that they don’t continue to mine bitcoin. There will be an end, and a fixed supply..and it will be less than 21 million.

Now whether there will be any demand to go with the supply is anyone’s guess. I wish I was going to be around to find out. May know before I die....hope not.

Yeah whenever it is, my point is valid that they don’t continue to mine bitcoin. There will be an end, and a fixed supply..and it will be less than 21 million.

Now whether there will be any demand to go with the supply is anyone’s guess. I wish I was going to be around to find out. May know before I die....hope not.

IAG, on this beautiful Sunday morning, will you indulge me with today’s color, type, and material? Thanks gorgeous

• 2 months later...