What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The name of this thread is "what does 2018 bring the crypto world", pretty much no one who commented in the first 10 pages or so of this thread were even close. Maybe it's time to start a new 2019 thread?

What do you mean? I looked at those pages and don’t see any predictions...maybe one from Raiders or a few on first page...mostly talk about what was going on in the day or particular coins.

I think most here are smart enough to know not to make too many concrete predictions when it comes to BTC. Thread was created in the two weeks with a huge rise which ended when the first futures contracts settled. Downhill from there. BTC has “died” like 400 times. One day maybe there will be a nail in the coffin, but I don’t think it’s 2019. But yeah. A new thread may be good.

How is ICON doing?

I'm def glad I never got into actually doing that.

But that's the one I can still sorta see re-emerging due to all that wonderful hype I read regarding it lol

And who told you not to buy it? ;). Icon is at .18. Think it was about a buck when you asked me.

The thing is if you Google any crypto in a vacuum, you can find tons of hype on any coin. . I think I told you that before. It’s easy to fall into that trap. Especially if you don’t have a lot of background in the fields. This I know.

Bitcoin with more new lows, mid 3100's, when will it drop below 3K and 2K? I'll say 3K by christmas, 2k maybe march or april.

3k maybe by end of next week at this rate. Market cap soon approaching falling below 100 bn. I don’t see anything good happening before end of year.

And who told you not to buy it? ;). Icon is at .18. Think it was about a buck when you asked me.

The thing is if you Google any crypto in a vacuum, you can find tons of hype on any coin. . I think I told you that before. It’s easy to fall into that trap. Especially if you don’t have a lot of background in the fields. This I know.

I'd love to say that it was my instincts telling me to follow your advice but it was actually that site being annoying af with my info n such.

$100 billion is still a huge number, a lot of value for nothing, just imagine what the creator of one of the smaller crypto's thinks when something he created out of thin air is suddenly worth tens or even hundreds of millions?

Not so sure I agree with “ out of thin air, “ but I think I understand what you’re saying.

Verge lol.

https://www.ccn.com/new-us-chief-of-staff-bitcoin-is-good-not-manipulable-by-any-government/

This week, following the scheduled leave of John F. Kelly, United States President Donald Trump has chosen the pro-Bitcoin Mick Mulvaney to serve as the acting White House Chief of Staff beginning 2019.

According to the Washington Post columnist Matt O’Brien, Mulvaney has been vocal about his support of Bitcoin (BTC) and in a speech covered by Mother Jones praised the decentralized nature of Bitcoin as a consensus currency.

In 2016, Mulvaney reportedly said that the Federal Reserve “effectively devalued the dollar” and emphasized that the exercise of such control is not possible with a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin that is “not manipulable by any government.”

Not terrible news