Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rodent Infestation in Champaign, Illinois!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4187 posts

Rat concerns out of control

By: Anna Carrera

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 06:53 PM CST

Updated: Jan 6, 2018 06:53 PM CST

CHAMPAIGN -URBANA, Ill. -- People have been on the lookout for large hordes of rats on Thursday. That's because a woman at a neighborhood safety task force meeting said she saw thousands of them near her home. She was worried the city might have an unprecedented rodent problem. City leaders say it seems to be a localized problem near a section 8 development, but they've been looking into it today just to be sure.

It's easy to see the nice homes in the Champaign neighborhood, but people were worried about an issue you may not always be able to spot.

"One of the members is from a Champaign Neighborhood and she said that she had a large rat problem in her house," said Urbana Mayor Laurel Prussing.

Neighborhood leaders say they've been asking people who live around there all day if they've seen them too. The answer from people who responded was a pretty solid yes.

"In this neighborhood, I haven't seen many cats but many, many rats," said Mitchell Whalen, who lives in the area. "I've been living here for about five months and I have seen an abnormal amount of rats, so I think there's a big problem."

Some raised the question of whether fewer cats in the area meant there may be more rats. But Prussing says that doesn't seem to be the case either.

"Sometimes there are rats that get into the storm sewers and when they get a complaint, they send out someone to put bait there," said Prussing. "But I said, 'how would you characterize it?' and they said it would be minimal. We have a huge problem."

The cat question came up because of an ordinance about the animals. But Prussing says that ordinance is lenient and shouldn't have contributed to people seeing any more rats in the area.

Prussing mentioned they also had a turkey infestation once, but they were able to take care of that.

Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 24402 posts
Lolololol

“City leaders say it seems to be a localized problem near a section 8 development, but they've been looking into it today just to be safe”

Brock’s shack is probably the cause. Hes given up on throwing his and Tyrone’s wing boxes away.
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4187 posts

The decrease in the cat population has me concerned about Brock Junior's dietary intake.

barryrunsome

barryrunsome

• Members
  • 11345 posts
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
The Midge (Broke Landers) is down 400K lifetime :mutley Could win every single bet placed for the next 5 years and would still be in the RED

:lebrick :deemer

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 60134 posts

Worst city/town in the BigTen

Shithole

PROFESSIONAL ADVANTAGE GAMBLER

Axl Rose 2018

Axl Rose 2018

Charlie Don't Surf

• Members
  • 4164 posts

INTERVIEWER: Would you say that you write your music for the man on the street?

SID VICIOUS: No, I've met the man on the street, he's a cunt.

trytrytry

trytrytry

All I do is TRY TRY TRY

• JFC
  • 8440 posts

spent 4 years of my life there, was decent, good burritos at LBambas and Zorbas for gyro and fries was awesome.

ugly setting for a campus however, no hills, no water, no river, nothing.

amazing library system, incredible smart students

never saw a rat

<span style='color: #800080'><span style='font-size: px;'><span style='font-family: lucida sans unicode'><strong class='bbc'>ALL I DO IS TRYTRYTRY</strong></span></span></span>

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 60134 posts

spent 4 years of my life there, was decent, good burritos at LBambas and Zorbas for gyro and fries was awesome.

ugly setting for a campus however, no hills, no water, no river, nothing.

amazing library system, incredible smart students

never saw a rat

Did you attend same parrish as AXL?

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 60134 posts

Rat concerns out of control

By: Anna Carrera

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 06:53 PM CST

Updated: Jan 6, 2018 06:53 PM CST

CHAMPAIGN -URBANA, Ill. -- People have been on the lookout for large hordes of rats on Thursday. That's because a woman at a neighborhood safety task force meeting said she saw thousands of them near her home. She was worried the city might have an unprecedented rodent problem. City leaders say it seems to be a localized problem near a section 8 development, but they've been looking into it today just to be sure.

It's easy to see the nice homes in the Champaign neighborhood, but people were worried about an issue you may not always be able to spot.

"One of the members is from a Champaign Neighborhood and she said that she had a large rat problem in her house," said Urbana Mayor Laurel Prussing.

Neighborhood leaders say they've been asking people who live around there all day if they've seen them too. The answer from people who responded was a pretty solid yes.

"In this neighborhood, I haven't seen many cats but many, many rats," said Mitchell Whalen, who lives in the area. "I've been living here for about five months and I have seen an abnormal amount of rats, so I think there's a big problem."

Some raised the question of whether fewer cats in the area meant there may be more rats. But Prussing says that doesn't seem to be the case either.

"Sometimes there are rats that get into the storm sewers and when they get a complaint, they send out someone to put bait there," said Prussing. "But I said, 'how would you characterize it?' and they said it would be minimal. We have a huge problem."

The cat question came up because of an ordinance about the animals. But Prussing says that ordinance is lenient and shouldn't have contributed to people seeing any more rats in the area.

Prussing mentioned they also had a turkey infestation once, but they were able to take care of that.

Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Explains why he heads to Orleans, MICE not as much a MENACE as gigantic RATS in restaurants.

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4187 posts

Clearly the Champaign rat population has reached batallion strength.

BGS 9.5

BGS 9.5

#bushybox

• Members
  • 4975 posts

The decrease in the cat population has me concerned about Brock Junior's dietary intake.

good one Jimmy :lol

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 19985 posts

sad start to the new year in champaign

losing in OT to iowa, and rats running all over the fucking place biting people in the ankles

Axl Rose 2018

Axl Rose 2018

Charlie Don't Surf

• Members
  • 4164 posts

sad start to the new year in champaign

losing in OT to iowa, and rats running all over the fucking place biting people in the ankles

nothing sad at all about the basketball team being bad. Never seen a rat in my life here

INTERVIEWER: Would you say that you write your music for the man on the street?

SID VICIOUS: No, I've met the man on the street, he's a cunt.

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 19985 posts

nothing sad at all about the basketball team being bad. Never seen a rat in my life here

but you've seen at least 1 turncoat motherfucker!

The X

The X

It Is. What It Is.

• Members
  • 10699 posts
Brock mushing his own city.

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4187 posts

Never seen a rat in my life here

No mirrors in your home?

bookbraker

bookbraker

2015, 2016, and 2017 poster of the year

• Members
  • 5524 posts

No mirrors in your home?

Beat me to it.

To: LiL' Ted       From: housepicks 

You know why your daughters boyfriend invited his friend over for Christmas at your house?

Because it takes 2 beaners to fuck her fat ass.

Good thing you’re passed out drunk by then. 

12/30/2017

Hangover

Hangover

Facemelter

• Members
  • 14092 posts

Lolololol

“City leaders say it seems to be a localized problem near a section 8 development, but they've been looking into it today just to be safe”

Brock’s shack is probably the cause. Hes given up on throwing his and Tyrone’s wing boxes away.

:deemer

that drop tho

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 19985 posts

No mirrors in your home?

they have all either cracked or been repossessed

fwd

fwd

• Members
  • 226 posts

Didnt brock say that there arent any section 8 housing in Champaign

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 13750 posts
Good work hoffa

trytrytry

trytrytry

All I do is TRY TRY TRY

• JFC
  • 8440 posts

is Papa Dels' safe?

<span style='color: #800080'><span style='font-size: px;'><span style='font-family: lucida sans unicode'><strong class='bbc'>ALL I DO IS TRYTRYTRY</strong></span></span></span>

KingKolzig

KingKolzig

Do not loan me money

• Members
  • 19501 posts

if you ever see a rat then run

rat fever is deadly

Fazzer

Fazzer

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7552 posts

Does Brock have a nice home?  

I haven't followed his living situation as closely as others. 

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 24402 posts

Does Brock have a nice home?

I haven't followed his living situation as closely as others.

Funny , very funny.

Guy can’t even afford a headboard in his section 8 duplex
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users