See Molly's Game

Brock Landers

If you like gambling, poker or anything from Aaron Sorkin, then this is your movie.

Imagine the social network mixed with rounders with a ton better acting and especially script, and you have this movie.

It definitely helps to know something about the real story going in, as one of the main characters, player X, is a composite of Tobey McGuire, Leonardo DiCaprio and Ben Affleck.

Great flick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like gambling, poker or anything from Aaron Sorkin, then this is your movie.

Imagine the social network mixed with rounders with a ton better acting and especially script, and you have this movie.

It definitely helps to know something about the real story going in, as one of the main characters, player X, is a composite of Tobey McGuire, Leonardo DiCaprio and Ben Affleck.

Great flick

Must be HELL to live in Champaign

Great flick

i think it HURTS to know the real story because all it did was irritate me

whole opening scene was a total lie, molly never tripped on a branch or had a fluke accident that cost her the olympics... kind of hard to believe anything else when the whole backstory is a lie

at least once a week i go to a movie by myself

and a lot of the time it is really by myself because it's at noon or 2:00 on a weekday and i get a private showing

which is great because then i can play with my phone and fart

Yeah. I went last week Tuesday at like noon and was only person in whole theater. Answered phone, played on it, Was pretty nice.

Probably farted a time or two as well.

God it’s gonna suck to get old

ive got a buddy who admitted to the rest of us that he usually sees a movie alone every tuesday. we started to chirp him for that but when he gave his reasoning (just went away to the army, always around a bunch of guys including sharing a room "shack" with them, no time alone. he used the movies to get away and have time alone) it started to make sense to me. at the point, i felt like i was getting old lol

im in my mid20s fwiw