Bruce Arians wins Coach of the Year

KingRevolver

I wouldn't have had a problem with Garrett, Caldwell or Carroll winning it, but Arians was a great choice also

Garrett and Caldwell both took teams much further than expected. If anything I think Dallas was more surprising as a playoff team than Arizona was, and not only did they make the playoffs but they had the best record in football.

Carroll just to give credit to a great coach who continues to be great every year. Not super easy to continue success, especially after a SB winning season. Lots of teams have downswings after that (hence Seattle being he only SB winner to win a playoff game the following year in quite some time). Throw in the rough start and getting his team to rally to finish first in the NFL at 12-4 with arguably the leagues toughest schedule and it's very impressive

Sometimes i think the truly elite coaches get overlooked too often because their success is taken for granted, while the award goes more to the surprise team. Belicheck and Popovich are definitely two victims of that

Carroll just to give credit to a great coach who continues to be great every year. Not super easy to continue success, especially after a SB winning season. Lots of teams have downswings after that (hence Seattle being he only SB winner to win a playoff game the following year in quite some time). Throw in the rough start and getting his team to rally to finish first in the NFL at 12-4 with arguably the leagues toughest schedule and it's very impressive

This

Caldwell overrated also, even though a favorite of mine being a former Hawkeye.