shitcoins at 7500

sleepy

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good points, but the amount of people involved in cryptos is such a miniscule amount of the us population

i do 350 tax returns, mostly wealthy people, and i'm the only one that had cryptos

i would argue that these aren't "shit prices"... they are still ridiculously overvalued, just not quite as ridiculously... no reason to have 1500 cryptos, 3 is a more realistic number

Oh for sure. I just mean shit prices to the extent that they bought for much more.

I have read numbers that indicate between 5% and 14% of Americans own crypto. I find that difficult to believe, but I have seen those numbers in many different places.

I don’t know how many cryptos are necessary...certainly not 1500...As far as using for currency, theoretically only one...But different ones have different applications and uses, smart contracts, privacy, exchange coins, gaming, RFID etc. I don’t know how many duplicated efforts are out there, but I’m sure 90 percent will fail...just like Internet,

Oh for sure. I just mean shit prices to the extent that they bought for much more.

I have read numbers that indicate between 5% and 14% of Americans own crypto. I find that difficult to believe, but I have seen those numbers in many different places.

I don’t know how many cryptos are necessary...certainly not 1500...As far as using for currency, theoretically only one...But different ones have different applications and uses, smart contracts, privacy, exchange coins, gaming, RFID etc. I don’t know how many duplicated efforts are out there, but I’m sure 90 percent will fail...just like Internet,

yeah i hope btc/eth end up being like google/facebook... some succeed wildly while most fail

i can't imagine even 2% of americans owning crypto... the problem with those studies is they will say 5% own crypto, but you are much more likely to do a crypto survey if you have it

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/23/study-6-in-10-americans-have-heard-about-bitcoin/

yeah i hope btc/eth end up being like google/facebook... some succeed wildly while most fail

i can't imagine even 2% of americans owning crypto... the problem with those studies is they will say 5% own crypto, but you are much more likely to do a crypto survey if you have it

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/23/study-6-in-10-americans-have-heard-about-bitcoin/

I agree. Plenty of people who have still never even heard of it, much less own it. I don’t believe 60% have heard of it, but then again, obviously I’m pretty insulated. I’m sure in the bigger cities it’s much more popular/known.

only thing cryptos needed to rally was for me to sit in the movie theater (saw tomb raider) instead of watching the screen

quick 15% up move for eth... that's the only thing i'm holding right now, and only a small amount thank god

Geez one minute you say crypto are like beanie babies

Next minute you’re buying etherium?

I would say crypto are more like a stock from the dot com

Many went bust but Priceline of all equities made William shatner a billionaire

Some will survive

Geez one minute you say crypto are like beanie babies

Next minute you’re buying etherium?

I would say crypto are more like a stock from the dot com

Many went bust but Priceline of all equities made William shatner a billionaire

Some will survive

i'm not buying etherium, i'm holding it

if i'm up a ton on cryptos then what's the harm in holding 20k worth of eth?

and of course they're like beanie babies, which i also made a ton of money on

i'm not buying etherium, i'm holding it

if i'm up a ton on cryptos then what's the harm in holding 20k worth of eth?

and of course they're like beanie babies, which i also made a ton of money on

Well I definitely think most crypto will be worthless

I think some will definitely come out on top

I just thought you said it was embarrassing to own coins so I assumed you didn’t hold any

Good news at the G20 doesn't make cryptos scale to mass consumption.

EOS is roughly 70% off of its high.  ETH is 62% off its high.  And BTC is 57% off its high.

The EOS crowdsale address (0xd0a6E6C54DbC68Db5db3A091B171A77407Ff7ccf) currently holds 442,341 ETH.  That's a present day valuation of approximately $237 million.  And that doesn't include the 100 million EOS tokens they appropriated to themselves.  All that to develop a crypto?  LMAO.  And that's not a scam?

Good news at the G20 doesn't make cryptos scale to mass consumption.

EOS is roughly 70% off of its high.  ETH is 62% off its high.  And BTC is 57% off its high.

The EOS crowdsale address (0xd0a6E6C54DbC68Db5db3A091B171A77407Ff7ccf) currently holds 442,341 ETH.  That's a present day valuation of approximately $237 million.  And that doesn't include the 100 million EOS tokens they appropriated to themselves.  All that to develop a crypto?  LMAO.  And that's not a scam?

that's a good point... bitcoin is only worth something if it's usable

if facebook, amazon, google, or walmart announce their own crypto currency, with a 5% discount on everything, everyone would use that instead

Blockchain technology can certainly be used in a centralized environment (like internally in a bank or business) but the sheer size of transactional data that is necessary to process and validate global transactions is far too large to work efficiently in a decentralized environment.  Even if transactions are eventually processed as fast as a centralized credit card company, the blockchain becomes entirely too large in a short period of time.  A full BTC node is already over 160GB after 305 million transactions.  That's the equivalent of 2 DAYS of Visa transactions.  You can see how this quickly gets out of control.  Only full nodes have voting power.  So, with that massive amount of data storage required to run a full node and process transactions for mass consumption, that supposedly decentralized cryptocurrency eventually becomes extremely centralized.