shitcoins at 7500

sleepy

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make up some ledger if you get audited.  They can't prove where and when you bought all coins.  Talk to your accountant about it.  They should be representing you against any audit(s) anyway.  Any correspondence with the IRS goes directly to my tax accountant.

yea i don't have an accountant, i do it myself.

i didn't' buy any coins.   all my coins where just   wd from book > whatever > cash.   as fast as possible, but obviously there is some gain/loss there.  the amount is negligible, but if IRS gets coinbase records and see's whatever amount of sales they might start poking around.

You can download your history from GDAX/Coinbase and just modify it from there.

You should have something like a week (if I remember what my accountant said) to get your records in order before turning it over to the IRS if you get audited.

I shouldn't have any issues, I'm paying my taxes on the money I make gambling.  I'm just worried they see a ton of cyrpto transfers yet 0 reported cyrpto gains.

I shouldn't have any issues, I'm paying my taxes on the money I make gambling.  I'm just worried they see a ton of cyrpto transfers yet 0 reported cyrpto gains.

If you get audited, you'll probably need records of those transactions either way.  It might not be a bad idea to have a CPA do your taxes just for extra protection/advice.

If you don't get audited, no problems obviously.

Word! IRS made mistake to not allow like- kind exchanges between cryptos, instead treating everything as a taxable gain. They have made it so difficult that no one with any number of crypto trades wants to even attempt to calculate it. They probably would have more success with people paying if they allowed people to calculate the gain between simply buy and cash out to fiat.

This. Completely ridiculous to treat it as such.

I would bet every thing I own that bitcoin does not hit a record high this summer

fuk this guy

I dunno btc's pretty erratic but I wrote before that BTC should've hit the double bottom when it hit that 6K ish level, fact that we haven't hit it again is what's making this fairly stagnant, i'd like to see it hit the 6K 1 more time and see if it holds at 6K level again, if it does I expect it to go up high and fast, if not then maybe 3-4K and then stagnant again.

BTC at a fairlyt critical pricing right now, if it drops a little more here and it doesn't go back up to hold support if it does drop, we're at the .618 fib level, next resistance at 9k is extremely weak, so we can see the 8.2Kish with ease, if that shit fails, we're hitting 6K again.