The Daily Good Deed Thread

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was in the grocery store earlier today. There was an older woman .... looking at the ice cream, but bemoaning there were “too many temptations and not enough money.” She was talking to the stock guy, but I overheard. I wanted to offer to buy her some, , but couldn’t figure out a way to do this so it would not be awkward. Some people from that generation are very proud, and I would not want to insult anyone.

I always think about doing something for older people at the store , because so many are on a fixed income.... they only have enough for staples and can’t splurge on snacks/extras. However, there are many extremely wealthy seniors around here too ...And there is no way to tell who is what, unless you hear someone say something like that. I suppose I could’ve taken the stock guy aside and handed him $10 told him to give it to her for ice cream and then bolted. Oh well.

So I was in the grocery store earlier today. There was an older woman .... looking at the ice cream, but bemoaning there were “too many temptations and not enough money.” She was talking to the stock guy, but I overheard. I wanted to offer to buy her some, , but couldn’t figure out a way to do this so it would not be awkward. Some people from that generation are very proud, and I would not want to insult anyone.

I always think about doing something for older people at the store , because so many are on a fixed income.... they only have enough for staples and can’t splurge on snacks/extras. However, there are many extremely wealthy seniors around here too ...And there is no way to tell who is what, unless you hear someone say something like that. I suppose I could’ve taken the stock guy aside and handed him $10 told him to give it to her for ice cream and then bolted. Oh well.

they are usually just too cheap to buy anything... because when they were teenagers that stuff cost 5 cents

the elderly in this country are stealing from young people on a daily basis, they collect $1000/month or more in social security and never paid in anything close to what they receive... also receive $10k/year or more in medicare benefits that they never paid for

so to feel sorry for an elderly person that is probably not broke, and even if they are it's their own fault for never saving anything, is misguided

they are usually just too cheap to buy anything... because when they were teenagers that stuff cost 5 cents

the elderly in this country are stealing from young people on a daily basis, they collect $1000/month or more in social security and never paid in anything close to what they receive... also receive $10k/year or more in medicare benefits that they never paid for

so to feel sorry for an elderly person that is probably not broke, and even if they are it's their own fault for never saving anything, is misguided

Go find a soul

Geez

Go find a soul

i see over 400 people's finances every year... the older people aren't struggling, the younger ones are the people that need help

i would rather provide food for a 10 year old that is starving, than a 90 year old with plenty of funds

but if you want to judge me go right ahead... maybe we should compare community service/volunteer time each year and how much each of us donate?  

i see over 400 people's finances every year... the older people aren't struggling, the younger ones are the people that need help

i would rather provide food for a 10 year old that is starving, than a 90 year old with plenty of funds

but if you want to judge me go right ahead... maybe we should compare community service/volunteer time each year and how much each of us donate?

I think you’re seeing a portion of the elderly population who have the means to afford $300 to have their taxes done.

The elderly are often times super cheap. My grandparents had enough money and my grandfather refused to spend any of it. Wouldnt even take us to McDonald's or play parks or anything else becuase it costs a few bucks.

I feel bad for some of them but my money, time, and resources will always go into helping kids. They generally have no choice why or how their lives are set up.