Not sure I remember another MLB free agent offseason like this one..

Sol Aristatel

Seems like there has to be some sort of collusion going on.  So many FA's out there still unsigned, with pitchers and catchers reporting just 2 days away.  

As of a few days ago none of Scott Boras' clients were signed.  Not one.  Haven't heard if that has changed the past couple of days or not.

Not sure Ive seen anything like this.  With so many big names not signing yet this late in the game. 

It has def been one of the most unique I have seen as well. I am not sure it is collusion as much as it is Boras refusing to adjust his thinking and asking prices to what the current market has turned into. 

With JD Martinez as a prime example, he switched agents over to Boras and I am sure the pitch was imma get you a whole lot more and well now the market pretty much doesn't exist for that "whole lot more" promise and he is pissed about it.  And the fact that he was the agent for so many of the top guys has made the market even slower because he has promised these guys the moon and he is having a hard time delivering now which has made market even worse for the middle of the road players out there. 

Now it may come down to who blinks first but a lot of guys have to be getting a little jittery with no jobs this close to spring training. 

It has def been one of the most unique I have seen as well. I am not sure it is collusion as much as it is Boras refusing to adjust his thinking and asking prices to what the current market has turned into. 

With JD Martinez as a prime example, he switched agents over to Boras and I am sure the pitch was imma get you a whole lot more and well now the market pretty much doesn't exist for that "whole lot more" promise and he is pissed about it.  And the fact that he was the agent for so many of the top guys has made the market even slower because he has promised these guys the moon and he is having a hard time delivering now which has made market even worse for the middle of the road players out there. 

Now it may come down to who blinks first but a lot of guys have to be getting a little jittery with no jobs this close to spring training. 

I think it's great that Boras is in this spot.  Greedy fucker is getting what he deserves.  

Us DBack's fans are hoping to be the beneficiary.  Hoping JD says screw it and signs a 1 year deal to stay in AZ.  Then re-enters the market next season.  It's a gamble for him, but maybe his frustration will lead to that type of move.  

I think it's great that Boras is in this spot.  Greedy fucker is getting what he deserves.  

Us DBack's fans are hoping to be the beneficiary.  Hoping JD says screw it and signs a 1 year deal to stay in AZ.  Then re-enters the market next season.  It's a gamble for him, but maybe his frustration will lead to that type of move.  

I would love to see JD sign 1 or 2 year deal to go back to Arizona not just to spite that cocky fucker Boras but because he really looked so comfortable and at home there last season.  It was a perfect fit for him and the team and its a shame to fuck that up to get a little more money elsewhere. 

Was hoping the same, but the guy wouldn't risk things by signing a 1-year deal.  The Red Sox and JD will end up getting a deal done.  Red Sox need him since they need the power, and I don't think anyone else is going to pay him nearly as much as he wants... 

Was hoping the same, but the guy wouldn't risk things by signing a 1-year deal.  The Red Sox and JD will end up getting a deal done.  Red Sox need him since they need the power, and I don't think anyone else is going to pay him nearly as much as he wants... 

I thought I remember hearing that teams will be able to offer next year's free agents more money.  Don't remember the details behind that and why.  But it would maybe make sense in that case.  Sit out a year and re-enter the market when teams are willing to spend more. 

Still no deal. Red Sox better cut the shit and get it done. Yankees got Stanton. Red Sox need Martinez.

Hopefully, there is enough bad blood there between him and RedSox to where he decides to sign back in Arz for a shorter term deal.   Although I still think in the end he may end up in Boston because they will prob be the biggest offer cash wise, even if this thing does stretch deep into spring training. 

The addition of the humidor now in Arizona is also another very interesting development.