Does Anyone Mechanical Turk on Amazon For Slave Labor?

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do Turk tasks at work when I'm bored.

I only do the surveys above 50 cents, the key is to keep your approval rate as high as possible. Get the cheater scripts (consult reddit turk groups) so you can get a fair crack at the better paying ones.

I see the tips but I’m not tech/script savvy. I see script and block it out since I think it’s advanced.

I have 96 approved now, and 4 were rejected. I took one 3 times and two rejected and I know what I did wrong on the other two.

What kind of things are you doing?

I’ve been mostly doing surveys as well. It’s different than the typical surveys on those other sites. These are more academic or other stuff.

I don’t want to make it seem it’s like the surveys you could do on phone apps or swagbucks. It’s different.

I just like the entire concept. It makes me feel like I’m 16 and am working hard at McDonald’s mopping for $4.01 an hour, if that.

As odd as it sounds, you have to “apply” and give ss#. I think if you have a amazon account for a long time, it isn’t an issue. You don’t have to answer questions when applying.

I’m starting to think the cheap thrill I’m getting out of this is replacing gambling urges. I really can’t explain it, but it’s filling some void in my life.

It remains me off cutting grass when I was 10 to save up for a $100 something skateboard.

Holy shit..... never heard of Turk but I’m bored as fvck at work all the time and end up spending money on booze to kill the boredom....if I can do surveys and make $1700 it will actually be like 2k with money saved on drinks....

It's best to do the surveys on a desktop or laptop. If you're in the field with a cell phone or tablet it's cumbersome.

Hoffa, what was your trick to get to 1k quickly or did you just do surveys?

All the rest of the stuff I either don’t understand or just don’t give it a chance to understand. I’m not talking about take 10 videos at a supermarket, but the other stuff.

My average HIT comes out to $0.53, don't bother with anything lower than $0.50.

Don't bother with the transcription stuff, it pays poorly and I think your chances of a rejection increase too because they're so specific. Stay away from anything that you have to download or submit like audio or videos. Watch closely for who gave you bonuses and never skip anything that they offer. Go for the 2 and 3 part surveys, they pay better and send you an email when the follow-up surveys are posted.

Just keep to the surveys and watch for the attention checks.

The Summer season finds a lot fewer HITs because the schools doing research projects are out for the Summer.

Here is a better description than I gave, ha!

Wikipedia

Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a crowdsourcing Internet marketplace enabling individuals and businesses (known as Requesters) to coordinate the use of human intelligence to perform tasks that computers are currently unable to do. It is one of the sites of Amazon Web Services, and is owned by Amazon.[2] Employers are able to post jobs known as Human Intelligence Tasks (HITs), such as choosing the best among several photographs of a storefront, writing product descriptions, or identifying performers on music CDs. Workers (called Providers in Mechanical Turk's Terms of Service, or, more colloquially, Turkers) can then browse among existing jobs and complete them in exchange for a monetary payment set by the employer. To place jobs, the requesting programs use an open application programming interface (API), or the more limited MTurk Requester site.[3] To submit a request for tasks to be completed through the Amazon Mechanical Turk web site, a requester must provide a billing address in one of around 30 approved countries.[4]

My average HIT comes out to $0.53, don't bother with anything lower than $0.50.

Don't bother with the transcription stuff, it pays poorly and I think your chances of a rejection increase too because they're so specific. Stay away from anything that you have to download or submit like audio or videos. Watch closely for who gave you bonuses and never skip anything that they offer. Go for the 2 and 3 part surveys, they pay better and send you an email when the follow-up surveys are posted.

Just keep to the surveys and watch for the attention checks.

The Summer season finds a lot fewer HITs because the schools doing research projects are out for the Summer.

Thanks!

Someone gave me a $3 bonus but I have no idea why.

The extent of my approach is just filtering. Sometimes I just refresh to catch a $1 plus survey, or new stuff that pays 0.01 or more.

I check the Reddit hits worth turking for and a lot have 100 or more so I’m trying to get volume to open up more qualifications. I need two more.

Again, not doing it for money. It’s like a half ass rainy day fund that stimulates me for a small period of time each day.