Does Anyone Mechanical Turk on Amazon For Slave Labor?

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your HIT activity for this week:

- Number of HITs submitted: 125

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:

- Number of HITs approved: 112

- Number of HITs rejected: 2

- Bonus reward earned: $19.62

- HIT reward earned: $142.74

- Total Amount earned this week: $162.36

Stellar week you had there!

I need to get at it harder.

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Mar 17, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 59

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 74
- Number of HITs rejected: -1
- Bonus reward earned: $2.24
- HIT reward earned: $69.64
- Total Amount earned this week: $71.88

Hoffa, are you just using Hitscraper? It seems everytime I use it, maybe 1 out of 7, I'll get. Maybe I don't know it well enough. I think I lose out because I have to click twice. Click the hitscraper, then click accept.

It seems that I have better luck using no script, and refresh, and click accept.

I wanted to start this week off with a bang, and loaded the mturk suite thing. I'm not using this things correctly or know how to utilize them. That being said, I haven't made much, if any, effort to watch youtubes about them that break it down.

You're averaging around $1.00 per hit, that's great. As long as you stay above 98% you're going to be fine. I have little ambition to become a robo-turker and become a Master, if I get a rejection I can live with one here and there. I'm at 3500 hits and hoping that getting above 5000 will open up some better opportunities with higher rewards. I won't turk again after football starts but I'll resume in February like I have this year.

I have been using Hitscraper with results similar to yours. I think the problem is in the delay from clicking on the new HIT to clicking on accept when the new page opens.

I tried Hit Catcher and have not had much success.

This weekend I tried Turk Engine (I think it's in the suite). I think I like it because when a new HIT shows up and you click on it, it automatically accepts it for you and places it in your queue. If you're too late, you get a window that says the HIT is unavailable. Then you can add it to a watch list that will keep trying to find the missed hit automatically. I will play with it more this week...

I think I'm finally going to get one rejection, Jimbo. There was one that was ridiculously confusing... not sure what this clown wanted done exactly. Time was running out, so I just filled crap in. LOL

Some rejections almost can't be avoided. In some cases the requesters are just too picky. ALWAYS contact the requester with a sob story to try and reverse the rejection.

King, bite the bullet, and do some of these, until you have 100 approved hits. They pay 3 cents each, but take about 30 seconds or less to do.

Getting to 100 is your goal now.

https://worker.mturk.com/projects/31ZOAI992INEZGK9VOLKDQ9XE89TLU/tasks/3QO7EE372OZOPR7U52RKJ0HH4LPQBO?assignment_id=3JAOYWH7VJGXWLAD5FAU0SJIS6P9LE

You're averaging around $1.00 per hit, that's great. As long as you stay above 98% you're going to be fine. I have little ambition to become a robo-turker and become a Master, if I get a rejection I can live with one here and there. I'm at 3500 hits and hoping that getting above 5000 will open up some better opportunities with higher rewards. I won't turk again after football starts but I'll resume in February like I have this year.

I have been using Hitscraper with results similar to yours. I think the problem is in the delay from clicking on the new HIT to clicking on accept when the new page opens.

I tried Hit Catcher and have not had much success.

This weekend I tried Turk Engine (I think it's in the suite). I think I like it because when a new HIT shows up and you click on it, it automatically accepts it for you and places it in your queue. If you're too late, you get a window that says the HIT is unavailable. Then you can add it to a watch list that will keep trying to find the missed hit automatically. I will play with it more this week...

Thanks! I removed the suite yesterday because I felt I was all over the place but will load it again and look for the engine.

Your earnings last week motivated me yesterday, so I’m going to go hard this week!

I had a plan with those John Doe hits. There were like 14k of them when I went to bed. I was able to do 100 before they were done. It’s tough because I switch plans a lot. I have over 1,600 now and want to get to 5k. I think I could make it but I’m unpredictable.

It still is entertaining and engaging somewhat, so.......

A couple of pointers...

Regardless of your age or family size, always portray your self as a single, 24 year-old male without kids. That will cut a lot of questions out of the surveys.

Anytime they ask for your height and weight just put down 5' 10" and 150 pounds. Otherwise you'll get a whole bunch of weight loss and obesity questions.

The idea is to just plow through these surveys while contributing as little work as possible...