Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does Anyone Mechanical Turk on Amazon For Slave Labor?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7103 posts

Don't hate, congratulate!

I would if it wasn't some of my money being wasted.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
Ok, I did 101, so I’m not on the probationary period. Maybe that only pertains for a period right after you’ve been approved.

Recap of today, I spent my planned offday from work doing this shit. I put in a solid 6 hours, while drinking apple ale.

Today was loss leader day for me. I probably will earn $15 in 6 or more hours. Comparable to idiotic, but.............I’m looking to spit out numbers and increase the approval rate, which will potentially open up more options in this silly little game.

I’m having trouble walking away from it. It’s like a Tetris or drugs, at least at the moment.

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4080 posts

I would if it wasn't some of my money being wasted.

Report it to your Congressman who accepts bribes, cheats on his expense reports and misuses government travel privileges...

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7103 posts

Report it to your Congressman who accepts bribes, cheats on his expense reports and misuses government travel privileges...

Two wrongs don't make a right.  No love loss for politicians here either.

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4080 posts

Two wrongs don't make a right.  No love loss for politicians here either.

I hear you MF...

Just to show you how fucked up our government is, we have a federal facility in Boyers, PA that is the headquarters for all civil service pensions. I visited there a couple of years ago and their automation consists of IBM mainframe computers running COBOL.

Yes, 1960s technology processing millions of transactions daily here in 2018... Their phone number is 1-800-321-1080, $25.00 to the first poster that can reach a human on the phone.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
I called, I wasn’t motivated by $25, rather I like a challenge. They are closed however the message doesn’t give me the impression it would be hard to speak with a human.

Maybe the message is smoke in mirrors. I won’t remember or be determined to call on Monday.

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7103 posts

I hear you MF...

Just to show you how fucked up our government is, we have a federal facility in Boyers, PA that is the headquarters for all civil service pensions. I visited there a couple of years ago and their automation consists of IBM mainframe computers running COBOL.

Yes, 1960s technology processing millions of transactions daily here in 2018... Their phone number is 1-800-321-1080, $25.00 to the first poster that can reach a human on the phone.

Wow.  Hard to believe it could even be supported any more if it goes down.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
I pulled one, for $1, to come up with a contest idea. I consider myself creative.

The subject....... future of drones idea tournament..........I’m torn to just suck it up.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
Drones are for nerds and creepers.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
FUCK that. I returned it. I can’t associate in material related to nerds and creepers, even for $1 straight cash homey. I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
OK, I’ve become abrasive, mean, and short with my cohabitants, aka family.

I feel mentally exhausted and could best describe it to the scene in Shawshank Redemption where Andy is teaching the younger inmate so he could get what I assume is a grade or high school equivalency and the guy freaks out with all of the stress.

That is how I feel.

I earned $60, but after all is cleared, maybe $75, and I feel like I’m involved in some sort of mind controlling experiment.

Hopefully I get back to reality tomorrow and balance things better so I don’t come close to this feeling again.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
If I could describe how I feel through musical example, the below song is how I feel.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 65253 posts
"Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

Congratulations, your Mechanical Turk account has been approved.
Please follow this link to complete the registration process."

:laugh

I'm going to do one to check out the process.

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 23853 posts
Slave labor. Lol
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 65253 posts
WTF...

I just read some KFC receipt from a year ago. They asked me to basically list the two items purchased and how much they cost... then write in time and date that's on the receipt.

What the fuck is the point of this? :scratch

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 23853 posts
Likely tuning an OCR program.
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 23853 posts
My first ever job in Silicon Valley when I was still in college was similar to what you guys ( I had to listen to calls and transcribe them to tune voice automation) are doing for slave wages while I got paid $25 per hour in 1999.

Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa

• Members
  • 4080 posts

WTF...

I just read some KFC receipt from a year ago. They asked me to basically list the two items purchased and how much they cost... then write in time and date that's on the receipt.

What the fuck is the point of this? :scratch

Skip those and do surveys.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 65253 posts

LOL  I just spent 20 minutes on a stupid receipt... received 8 cents for that 20 minutes.  WTF kinda of shit is this?  :laugh

Fuck that... I'm done.

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 23853 posts
Merlin probably does this to be able to afford the finest top drawer expired meat in the Midwest!

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 65253 posts

Merlin probably does this to be able to afford the finest top drawer expired meat in the Midwest!

Definitely a Trumptard job. Can't believe anyone does this shit.

No wonder they're pissed at Mexicans who get paid decently.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 65253 posts

Skip those and do surveys.

I'll try one tomorrow, pal, but if they're as tedious as this receipt crap... no way I continue. Craziness.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts

LOL  I just spent 20 minutes on a stupid receipt... received 8 cents for that 20 minutes.  WTF kinda of shit is this?  :laugh

Fuck that... I'm done.

I was like you. I did one like that and said f it. After a little over a month, I have it another shot and almost always have done the surveys, aside from the soccer scores yesterday.

You know once you takes one and you don’t like it, you could return it.

jovial camper

jovial camper

Home Slice

• Members
  • 6915 posts
I incorporated using turkopticon this morning.

This is something I could navigate/use.

The hitfinder/scripts thing seems intimidating.

Hits seem slow this morning so maybe I’ll take monkey’s advice to learn something new.

When I’m in the office I won’t be doing this, so things are going to slow down a bit for me. Still, my $5 goal a day is reasonable.

204 approved hits, 98.08% approval 63 pending $63.45 earned, probably 18 hours put in after yesterday’s loss leader marathon session. Also a mental breakdown last night.

I’m good to go now!

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 65253 posts

I was like you. I did one like that and said f it. After a little over a month, I have it another shot and almost always have done the surveys, aside from the soccer scores yesterday.

You know once you takes one and you don’t like it, you could return it.

Yeah, but once I took it I felt obligated to just go ahead and finish it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users