Does Anyone Mechanical Turk on Amazon For Slave Labor?

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I have slightly over 400 approved hits.

I got a rejected one, for a soccer score, for reason xyz. The score wasn’t incorrect but I did something incorrectly.

I’m a bit bitter about it but more than half of my hits are for this soccer thing just to get #’s. I may take it easy, pop maybe an hour of soccer, to get 510 and just reach my $5 daily goal.

I will only update when I hit milestones or quit, or remember.

They sent me a report of the three jobs I did last week or whenever that was... all were accepted. Total earnings 66 cents. But why did I receive more than I should have? Do these clients give you a bonus or something?

Some do. When you get one, you could see who it was and they sometimes leave a message. I received a few, and I send them a thank you response. In a little over two weeks, I received $12 in bonuses. 

I'm right around 850, and did another day of loss leader. My aim is 1k. Hopefully it opens a few more doors getting there. For example, instead of $5 a day, maybe $10.

I'm still as interested in this as before, however did take a day off.

No, I'm being serious... how do you get a higher paid job?  Just keep going through the whole list?

That’s what I did for awhile. About over a week, but then I added a chrome extension called hitscraper.

The script helps vs no script, but even with this script the higher paying ones, I say $1, get picked quickly, even with this script.

I’m not savvy with these scripts and there are others, which are better.

I’ve only been doing it about 2 1/2 weeks and that was the best I got.

I can’t even remember if I got it using the script or not.

Hoffa, possibly you could answer this question. I see people talking about batches. I understand what it means, but don’t know how people get batches to do.

I think I ran into one today, but don’t know how it works. The number of hits didn’t seem to be decreasing and I did 200 some, for 6 cents each.

If they go through I’ll be near 1,100.

I need to learn more about batches.

It seems like there is tons of stuff I don’t know.

These are the simple directions I followed for the script.

Make sure you're using the latest version of Tampermonkey: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en

Use this version, Hit Scraper has been broken since the end of last year: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/36600-hit-scraper-with-export-christurk-temporary-fix-uninstall-after-feih-fixes-original-version/code

Finally, use this link: https://worker.mturk.com/hitScraper

Hoffa, possibly you could answer this question. I see people talking about batches. I understand what it means, but don’t know how people get batches to do.

I think I ran into one today, but don’t know how it works. The number of hits didn’t seem to be decreasing and I did 200 some, for 6 cents each.

If they go through I’ll be near 1,100.

I need to learn more about batches.

It seems like there is tons of stuff I don’t know.

I believe that batches are hits with multiple tasks of doing the same thing.

i.e., a hit that pays .50 for doing 10 things vs. a single hit that pays 1 cent per thing.

These are the simple directions I followed for the script.

Make sure you're using the latest version of Tampermonkey: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en

Use this version, Hit Scraper has been broken since the end of last year: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/36600-hit-scraper-with-export-christurk-temporary-fix-uninstall-after-feih-fixes-original-version/code

Finally, use this link: https://worker.mturk.com/hitScraper

Thanks JC, it's your fault I started turking again...

Your Activity Today
HITs Completed
View: All HITsPendingApprovedRejectedPaid 
  1. RequesterHIT TitleRewardStatusAction
  2. Sean R Martin
    Help understand how people think about others' social class
    $1.00
    Sean R MartinHelp understand how people think about others' social class$1.00PendingContact RequesterContact
  3. Wayne Wilkinson
    Religion Survey for American Protestants
    $1.00
    Wayne WilkinsonReligion Survey for American Protestants$1.00PendingContact RequesterContact
  4. Steven Kelly
    Answer a survey
    $1.00
    Steven KellyAnswer a survey$1.00ApprovedContact RequesterContact
  5. Tyler Sabey
    Content Validity of Management Constructs
    $2.00
    Tyler SabeyContent Validity of Management Constructs$2.00PendingContact RequesterContact
  6. Partha Krishnamurthy
    Survey about Missed Opportunities
    $0.75
    Partha KrishnamurthySurvey about Missed Opportunities$0.75ApprovedContact RequesterContact
  7. E S W
    Take a task!
    $0.70
    E S WTake a task!$0.70ApprovedContact RequesterContact
  8. Dan Crimston
    Moral Attitudes, Values & Decision Making
    $0.85
    Dan CrimstonMoral Attitudes, Values & Decision Making$0.85PendingContact RequesterContact
  9. Jordan Joyner
    PTSD in the Military
    $0.75
    Jordan JoynerPTSD in the Military$0.75ApprovedContact RequesterContact
  10. CAD
    Decision-making survey (~ 15 minutes)
    $2.00
    CADDecision-making survey (~ 15 minutes)$2.00ApprovedContact RequesterContact
  11. Christian Hildebrand
    Car Rental Study
    $0.90
    Christian HildebrandCar Rental Study$0.90PendingContact RequesterContact
  12. Kuperberg Lab
    Psychology Study
    $2.50
    Kuperberg LabPsychology Study$2.50PendingContact Requester