NCAAB March Madness Official Auction (ENDED!)

MonkeyF0cker

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virginia  (MonkeyF0cker)  -  $ 25
Gonzaga  (WeinkeToWarrick)  -  $ 1
Duke  (KingRevolver)  -  $ 6
Florida State  (WeinkeToWarrick)  -  $ 1
Xavier  (KingRevolver)  -  $ 21
Villanova  (Brick)  -  $ 20
Michigan State  (Brick)  -  $ 20
Arizona  (MonkeyF0cker)  -  $ 5
Alabama  (Blue)  -  $ 1
Auburn  (Blue)  -  $ 1
Michigan  (FairWarning)  -  $ 2
Purdue  (MikeyLo)  -  $ 1
Tennessee  (Blue)  -  $ 1
North Carolina  (rito)  -  $ 1
West Virginia  (rito)  -  $ 1
Oklahoma  (MikeyLo)  -  $ 1
Texas Tech  (MikeyLo)  -  $ 1
Kansas  (MikeyLo)  -  $ 1
Florida  (MikeyLo)  -  $ 1

Pool Total: $ 111

Duke  (KingRevolver)  -  $ 6
Arizona  (MonkeyF0cker)  -  $ 5
Alabama  (Blue)  -  $ 1
Auburn  (Blue)  -  $ 1
Purdue  (MikeyLo)  -  $ 1
North Carolina  (po69)  -  $ 5
West Virginia  (rito)  -  $ 1
Oklahoma  (po69)  -  $ 3
Texas Tech  (MikeyLo)  -  $ 1
Rhode Island  (po69)  -  $ 2
Texas A&M  (po69)  -  $ 2

Pool Total: $ 121

Can't remember who it was but Fish ran them and someone wanted to mess with him for whatever reason and started one in front of him so he got mad somebody stole his auction thunder so he took his ball and went home. 

I started auctions at this forum. I didn't originate the idea though, I believe Whale's old forum did. I took the idea from there. Fish took these over after these things fucked me big time - this was when we were taking payments to paypal and not working on credit - and I had 5 figures (some from this auction) of paypal money frozen for me for nearly 4 months. I stopped doing it instead of running on credit. Fish took it and ran with it, and destroyed them by outbidding himself and defeating the entire purpose and fun of these auctions.

Later on... RJ started one, fish got mad and tried to start his own for the same sports. Everyone bid in RJ's instead and fish got mad and quit and said he wasn't doing these at all anymore. Was always hilarious how Fish acted like it was his idea here.

Cmon you Midwest homer.

Shocked no Loyola on here.

lol, only like two of those teams really. I'll always be the guy who bids and bets on the most dangerous guard in America... nice to get the second most dangerous too for $1 when he's not even one of the two teams I actually like, really... I just can't not bid on Marquette for nothing.

Oklahoma is one of the two though.

Cincy not having a bid is just absurd; they're the same team as Virginia but I actually think Cincy's defense is better than Virginia and I trust them to score a bit more.

Nice to see you pal, hope you've had a nice start to the new year.

Duke  (KingRevolver)  -  $ 20
Arizona  (Bfo)  -  $ 10
Alabama  (Blue)  -  $ 1
Auburn  (Bfo)  -  $ 2
Purdue  (Bfo)  -  $ 5
North Carolina  (po69)  -  $ 5
West Virginia  (Bfo)  -  $ 5
Oklahoma  (Timely Hitting)  -  $ 5
Texas Tech  (joeybagadonuts)  -  $ 2
Rhode Island  (po69)  -  $ 2
Texas A&M  (po69)  -  $ 2
Marquette  (Timely Hitting)  -  $ 1
Ohio State  (Timely Hitting)  -  $ 3
Wichita State  (Timely Hitting)  -  $ 2
Cincinnati  (Timely Hitting)  -  $ 10

Pool Total: $ 168

lol, only like two of those teams really. I'll always be the guy who bids and bets on the most dangerous guard in America... nice to get the second most dangerous too for $1 when he's not even one of the two teams I actually like, really... I just can't not bid on Marquette for nothing.

Oklahoma is one of the two though.

Cincy not having a bid is just absurd; they're the same team as Virginia but I actually think Cincy's defense is better than Virginia and I trust them to score a bit more.

Nice to see you pal, hope you've had a nice start to the new year.

I’ve given up on Bennett’s teams, they painfully remind me of Howland and Dixon’s Pitt squads.

Really like Cincy this year, think they have enough individual offensive ability along with the defense to make a deep run.

I got in on Oklahoma at 75-1 earlier this year and thought I had something going. Didn’t see this happening, even in that conference.

Tournament is more wide open than I remember in years, probably at least 10 teams that have a shot to win.

Shit my bad, didn’t see your post.

Don’t think the casual fan realizes they’ve been playing across the river on NKU’ s home court all year.

This, I agree. Also, I think that conference is incredibly underrated. I'll have a bid on Houston by the end of this possibly too. Wichita has the best tournament coach in the country, and maybe the deepest team he's had since the 2013 team - so many don't understand he's been implementing new pieces throughout the year. There's a significant drop off after Temple (I think Memphis is terrible) but the rest of that conference at the top is talented - however undisciplined (Temple). 

Bennet is the regular season champion. That team will continue to suffer early tournament loses because that offensive system is horrendous. It held back a guy like Brogdon, who I was very high on in the NBA at this site. He could have been way better playing a more uptempo style. The difference between Cincy and Virginia is that Cincy has offensive athletes; who once again can't shoot, but they run an efficient offense and their length allows them to compete offensively vs anyone. Their shooting could hurt them again, but I trust Evans this year which is different than years past there. 

In terms of Oklahoma, I LOVE the late conference struggles and close loses. Trea isn't Durant at Texas, but that Oklahoma team surrounding him is better than that Texas team and guards get special treatment in the tournament. Elite guards can put together two weekends of greatness too; look no further than kemba and Napier. Trea doesn't have their college pedigree, but he's every bit the talent and leader IMO.