OT: How much do you pay for car insurance?

KingRevolver

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with full coverage is a sucker. It means they either have a lease or a loan on a depreciating asset, or they're an idiot and don't realize that insurance is -EV.

I pay $550 every 6 months for two vehicles.

But that loan on depreciating asset is so cheap. I can borrow 40k to buy a truck at 2%. I'm Not the brightest but even I can do better than 2%

Of course, it is. You're paying nothing for comp and collision on a $40k vehicle?

Why would you insure it for the first five years? You think insurance is +EV?

2 cars totaled where they cut me checks.

My insurance for both me and wives cars total is around 140/month.

I get what what your are saying but for me personally it has worked out.

Was blindsided by a drunk with no license or insurance. without my insurance to pick up I would have been left with nothing or trying to sue someone with nothing.

I've never been in an accident in 25 years of driving. If I had been paying comp and collision all of that time, I'd be down over a full new car. And if I had a comp or collision claim in that time, my rates would have been even higher.

I'm on opposite end of spectrum. Will take me paying clean for next 10-15 years to catch up for checks ive gotten in past 5.

2 cars totaled where they cut me checks.

My insurance for both me and wives cars total is around 140/month.

I get what what your are saying but for me personally it has worked out.

Was blindsided by a drunk with no license or insurance. without my insurance to pick up I would have been left with nothing or trying to sue someone with nothing.

The guy who hits 14 vs a 6 in BJ says the same thing when he gets a 7.

Doesn't make it the correct play, Souther.

You been smoking Peavy's GANJA again?

The guy who hits 14 vs a 6 in BJ says the same thing when he gets a 7.

Doesn't make it the correct play, Souther.

You been smoking Peavy's GANJA again?

Told him earlier I understood his point and never said he was wrong. I'm lucky I had it.

Not to mention guy I hit took a pop from my insurance for pain and suffering.

No smoke here.

Have a couple crazy stories auto related.......

First one is about ten years ago in 2007-2008 i was paying this auto insurance place about 100 bucks a month and one night i was up listening to radio late and there was a GEICO commercial so i called i thought it was bullshit at first but i called right then and they were legit about lowering my insurance i went from a hundred bucks a month to thirty bucks with GEICO. Next day i had to go cancel my insurance at the old place they were pissed. Had the balls to ask do i really want to leave??? DUH. Oh well fuck 'em  11 years on its around 45 not bad.

Last 4th of July some drunk fucker hit my Chevy Astro Van and took off leaving my vehicle totaled. I was pissed i had that van for over 13 years and took good care of it. I only had liability coverage so it wasn't insured. Anyway i was desperate for a ride and gave my brother in law a thousand bucks straight up for a 1995 Dodge van and this thing ended up being a pain in the ass. Reason i bought a van as is is i dont have funds to make a big car payment each month. Wires were everywhere under the hood and the battery was rigged. The ignition was fucked and to crank it you to flip a switch under the dash. Well due to it being really cold i forgot to check the oil for too long and the damn thing gave out on me last week i only had it six months.

Anyway i got lucky my uncle has always been one of those at the right time right place with car deals. He just bought a 2005 chevy truck and was about to sell his car when i convinced him to sell it to me. Its a 2002 chevy cavalier formerly owned by an old lady who recently let it go to my uncle she barely drove it except to the store so its only got 26,000 miles on it and i bought it for 2 grand thats not bad at all for a 2002 chevy with barely any miles.

• 4 weeks later...