Thoughts on the school cop at Parkland

WVU

Yea but this wasn't like a mall cop.  He was an actual cop that they rotate through schools.   They haven't said how far away he was from the shooting, but he really should be running there as fast as possible and either stopping the shooter or dying.

not a mall cop or street cop but I would say somewhere in between.  In this area, school cops are not exactly the cream of the crop.  They are usually women or older cops nearing retirement age like this guy.  I am glad it wasn't a woman cop because then we would have to hear about sexism and women not being able to handle it, etc

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we know the FBI was notified about actual threats to commit mass murder twice, we know the police visited Cruz's house 39 times, we know many, many students at the school knew something was coming, we know the school administrators banned Cruz from entering with a backpack(hmmm), and finally we know that an armed cop...a cop...not a $10 an hour security guard, was there and didn't even try to intervene.

After all that, the media says it's trumps fault, the NRA's fault, and the guns fault, and instead of perhaps fixing the obvious things that went wrong, everyone in the country should give up their rights? I dont think that's narratives gonna work.

this part is not true according to the Sheriff.  There may have been 39 calls to the cops, but it sounds like only a handful of actual visits to the residences

My daughter is a student teacher and the kids at her school are no longer allowed outside because there is only a chain link fence.  She also has to walk each student to their pick up point individually.  Lots have changed already according to her and she doesn't like it.

not a mall cop or street cop but I would say somewhere in between.  In this area, school cops are not exactly the cream of the crop.  They are usually women or older cops nearing retirement age like this guy.  I am glad it wasn't a woman cop because then we would have to hear about sexism and women not being able to handle it, etc

Cmon WVU, stop pretending, he was an actual member of the sheriffs dept, a real cop who was assigned to the school. And since columbine, when the policy was to surround the school and wait, their policy is now to enter and attempt to subdue. He had his orders, he knew them, and he refused to follow them, that's why he resigned, and that's why the chief of police came right out and told the truth.

And as far as your "fake news" that the police didn't actually visit him 39 times, does that make it ok? So it was only maybe 8 visits, all the others they just took the call and did nothing...that makes it ok?

not a mall cop or street cop but I would say somewhere in between. In this area, school cops are not exactly the cream of the crop. They are usually women or older cops nearing retirement age like this guy. I am glad it wasn't a woman cop because then we would have to hear about sexism and women not being able to handle it, etc

53?

Near retirement age?

More like your age and would expect him to do everything possible to help kids. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was a coward like him and let kids die on my watch.

Cmon WVU, stop pretending, he was an actual member of the sheriffs dept, a real cop who was assigned to the school. And since columbine, when the policy was to surround the school and wait, their policy is now to enter and attempt to subdue. He had his orders, he knew them, and he refused to follow them, that's why he resigned, and that's why the chief of police came right out and told the truth.

And as far as your "fake news" that the police didn't actually visit him 39 times, does that make it ok? So it was only maybe 8 visits, all the others they just took the call and did nothing...that makes it ok?

just correcting your statement.  None of this is OK with me.

53?

Near retirement age?

More like your age and would expect him to do everything possible to help kids. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was a coward like him and let kids die on my watch.

I agree.  Well he is now retired so I guess that makes him retirement age.  Cops can retire early though most don't

It's my understanding that Cruz entered one floor and shot up 3 classrooms, then he went up a floor and continued to shoot before exiting down a different stairwell and fleeing with other students. We dont know if the officer could have been successful, but he might have been able to pin him down and prevent him from continuing his rampage, as well as preventing him from fleeing.

Cruz did get away, and while he didn't shoot up other places after fleeing, he could have, that cop needs to be dealt with.

Even cops running away, but teachers are going to rise up with their firearms :laugh

Several teachers put themselves between the shooter and students, and died, the difference is the teachers cared about their kids, the cop obviously didn't. Yes Kinger, an armed teacher, who is in the middle of the fray, will fight back.

As i recall the idea of air marshalls on planes was met with the same silly comments? "we cant have armed people on planes getting in gun battles on pressurized aircraft" 

The reason many on the left hate the idea, is because it would probably help, and they know it, They dont care about true safety, they care about a political agenda.