Canelo tests positive for a PED

KingRevolver

• 2 weeks later...

GGG is talking shit about your boy, Kinger

Speaking on Tuesday to a group of reporters at his training camp in Big Bear Lake, California, Golovkin said he didn't believe Alvarez's explanation for the positive test, which was that he ate contaminated beef. That has been an ongoing problem for athletes from Mexico, where farmers include the substance clenbuterol, which is prohibited in the United States, in cattle feed because it helps reduce fat and increase lean muscle mass.

"Again with Mexican meat? Come on," Golovkin said. "I told you, it's not Mexican meat. This is Canelo. This is his team. This is his promotion. Canelo is cheating. They're using these drugs, and everybody is just trying to pretend it's not happening.

"This guy, he knows. This is not his first day in boxing. He proves he gets benefits from everyone and he can get away with it. Check him on a lie detector and then we can find out everything."

Speaking by phone to ESPN later Tuesday, Golovkin added: "I think it is silly to blame the meat because an athlete at this level should not be caught on the meat. I eat Mexican food all the time and I've never had that problem."

Golovkin told reporters he thought that the recent positive test is not indicative of the first time Alvarez has used performance-enhancing drugs. Golovkin said he thought Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, Alvarez's promoter and an International Boxing Hall of Famer who won world titles in six weight classes, is "dirty," as well.

"It was pretty obvious when [Alvarez's] muscles were all [enlarged] ... and with the traces of injections, which were visible," Golovkin said. "Before the first fight, I knew he was not clean. I can talk about Oscar De La Hoya too. He is also not clean. He's dirty."