OT: How many of you folks here read often?

Machiavelli

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the story isn’t real, why read a book or watch a movie? I can make up make believe in my head....

Reading or watching fictional material is a form of escapism

Allows you to escape reality for a few hours

Not all of us like waking up in a pool of banana smelling vomit

Wow on so many levels...

Yes because reading a funny book by a funny comedian is a huge wow on so many levels.

You know what is even more of a wow is a fat middle-aged white dude reading a 25 year-old book about black gangbanging teenagers and tweeners in LA pre-Rodney King.  Did you get all nervous and edgy reading it.  Did it make you want to put on Colors! and play with bandanas.  Or is this why gun control won't work.  Because early 1990 black teens are going to rampage in the OC and you need to fight them off with Gunz!  Well played retard.  Nothing like out of date homoerotic teenage gangsta journals. 

At the shack, which was actually a backhouse behind Tray Ball's house, I met Huckabuck, who was dark, athletic, very physical, and an awesome fighter.  He came to California from New York -- accent included.  For the most part he was quiet.  Leprechaun, who we called "Lep," was there.  I had known him prior to this, as he went to school with my older brother.  Lep had a missing front tooth and a slight build.  Fiercely loyal to Trey Ball, Lep stood to be second in command.  Then there was Fly, who dressed cool and with an air of style.  Light-complexioned handsome, he was a ladies' man, not necessarily vicious, but was gaining a reputation by the company he kept.  Next was G.C., which stood for Gangster Cool.  G.C. was possibly the most well-off member present, meaning he "had things." Things our parents could not afford to give us.

The narrator at this point in the story is an 11 year-old.

I also dislike fiction. I mean, with all the great fuckin factual stuff out there you can read... why read fiction? Just watch a movie to get your fiction fix.

Thanks for not being a goof ball for once....

Serious, I watch the Fast and Furious or Oceans 11-14 for fiction....takes 90 minutes....why waste weeks reading a book that’s make believe?

Same as reading Kevin Hart, why not watch his stand up? Reading his book is lame.

Real life shit is what interest me....I leave the rest to Tom Cruise and Bruce Willis movies

Thanks for not being a goof ball for once....

Serious, I watch the Fast and Furious or Oceans 11-14 for fiction....takes 90 minutes....why waste weeks reading a book that’s make believe?

Same as reading Kevin Hart, why not watch his stand up? Reading his book is lame.

Real life shit is what interest me....I leave the rest to Tom Cruise and Bruce Willis movies

Teddy making sense for once. Very true, young man.