I think it's time I quit drinking

GreenDoberman

I went out and got me some healthy food at the local Sprouts and then picked up some house cleaning stuff at Target.

i made it through today not drinking, but am eating what's left of the junk food before i start a healthier diet.

Also stopped at Chipotle on the way home.  Boy that was not nearly as good as it used to be.

Will be throwing out the alcohol in the house soon as well.  Wednesday and Saturday are going to be my two toughest days.  Need to find something to do instead of going to the bar.

Also going to buy one of those fitness bracelets (fitbit?) online.  i looked at them at Target and figure they might be worth a shot.

Currently I am at my heaviest weight of my life.  240 pounds.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Day 3 today.  Changed my diet up quite a bit as well as I am reading some nutritional literature.

Ordered that fitness bracelet thing as well.

Diet is supposed to change my mood for a week or so and make me miserable.  Hopefully that won't be so bad.  It can't be worse than yo-yo ing back and forth with a hangover and drunk I suppose.

I do miss the camaraderie of the bar.  It's almost like a family to me.  Instead I am planning on trying out a new restaurant on my drinking days.

Just curious, GD, but what has been your usual drink of choice?

For the most part local IPAs.  Love Hopathon Hopnuts.  Was drinking Lovelady Love Juice for a while as well.

Like to try any and all hoppy beers.

Sometimes mix it up at a cocktail bar with mostly clear liquors (gin, rum, vodka). 

At home will pick up a bottle of wine preference to Butter Chardonnay.

These days water, kombucha, tea, and green vegetable juices.

Can't tell you when the last time I had a Pabst.  Did see it on a beer list at a few of those "hipster" joints.

So I took my blood pressure at the local Albertson's last night.

Came in at 161/107.  Pulse was 105.

I have a record dating back a year and that is the highest it has been.

Those machines can be wildly inaccurate though and it weighed me at 217 and 189, so taking it with a grain of salt.

Definitely gives me a good starting point though to improve upon.

Last night was a good (and productive night).  The usual Wednesday routine would be to go straight from work to the bar around 8 and then play and drink until about 2 or 3.  Rising up around noon today to be at work at 2.

Instead I went to a book to place my baseball season bet and then to a unique new restaurant (sushi, will try to review in the restaurant thread).  Went home and watched a movie, cleaned up a little, and read.  Woke up ready to work (even though I'm not really doing a lot today but not feeling like shit is a start) and then off until later tomorrow.