TGF Masters 2018 Auction

LCD

Bids must be placed in this thread to be valid.

1 bid per post

Minimum Bid: $1

Minimum Bid Increment: $1

Bidding Ends: 4/4/18 7:00PM PST (the day before the tourney starts). Your bid can have a time stamp of 7:00 PM PST (10:00 PM ET or whatever) and be valid. 7:01 is not valid.

Again, (last hour):00 is valid. (last hour):01 is not valid.

Minimum of 500 posts to bid. Bids will be on the honor system. Wins and losses will be settled up after the finish of the tournament on Sunday. Payments should be made as soon as possible thereafter.

Prizes

1st place: 75% of purse

2nd place: 25% of purse

I will try to update the bids twice a day but it may just be once a day until it gets more active as we get closer.

Remember the players competing in the tournament have until 5 p.m. ET on the Friday of the week preceding the tournament to officially commit to playing.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Provisional player list (I just took it from Vegas Insider because I couldn't deal with all the separate categories in the regular lists):

I don't know what's up with Poulter but this should be correct.

Adam Hadwin

Adam Scott

Alex Noren

Andrew Johnston

Andy Sullivan

Angel Cabrera

Austin Cook

Bernd Wiesberger

Bill Haas

Billy Horschel

Branden Grace

Brandt Snedeker

Brendan Steele

Brian Harman

Brooks Koepka

Bryson DeChambeau

Bubba Watson

Byeong Hun An

Cameron Smith

Charl Schwartzel

Charles Howell III

Charley Hoffman

Chris Stroud

Chris Wood

Curtis Luck

Daniel Berger

Danny Willett

David Lingmerth

Dustin Johnson

Emiliano Grillo

Francesco Molinari

Fred Couples

Gary Woodland

Graeme McDowell

Graham DeLaet

Grayson Murray

Haotong Li

Harry Ellis

Henrik Stenson

Hideki Matsuyama

Ian Poulter

Jamie Lovemark

Jason Day

Jason Dufner

JB Holmes

Jeunghun Wang

Jhonattan Vegas

Jim Furyk

Jimmy Walker

Joaquin Niemann

Jon Rahm

Jordan L Smith

Jordan Spieth

Justin Rose

Justin Thomas

Keegan Bradley

Kevin Chappell

Kevin Kisner

Kevin Na

Kiradech Aphibarnrat

Kyle Stanley

Lee Westwood

Louis Oosthuizen

Luke List

Marc Leishman

Martin Kaymer

Matt Kuchar

Matthew Fitzpatrick

Ollie Schniederjans

Pat Perez

Patrick Cantlay

Patrick Reed

Patrick Rodgers

Patton Kizzire

Paul Casey

Peter Uihlein

Phil Mickelson

Rafael Cabrera Bello

Rickie Fowler

Rory McIlroy

Ross Fisher

Russell Henley

Russell Knox

Ryan Fox

Ryan Moore

Scott Piercy

Sergio Garcia

Shane Lowry

Shubhankar Sharma

Si Woo Kim

Steve Stricker

Ted Potter Jr

Thomas Pieters

Thorbjorn Olesen

Tiger Woods

Tommy Fleetwood

Tony Finau

Tyrrell Hatton

Vijay Singh

Webb Simpson

Wesley Bryan

Xander Schauffele

Yuta Ikeda

Zach Johnson

I am in an auction, we have 8 groups to bid on ABCDEFG and H. Groups A-G have 5 golfers each in them(basically the top 35 choices) and group H is all other golfers not listed in groups A-G.

It is more work to set up for the OP but overall much easier to keep track of and there will be a winner and a 2nd place. I won't be in this just a suggestion to a great auction we do every year, it lets guys  handicap the groups  etc.

I am in an auction, we have 8 groups to bid on ABCDEFG and H. Groups A-G have 5 golfers each in them(basically the top 35 choices) and group H is all other golfers not listed in groups A-G.

It is more work to set up for the OP but overall much easier to keep track of and there will be a winner and a 2nd place. I won't be in this just a suggestion to a great auction we do every year, it lets guys  handicap the groups  etc.

A-F I meant and G is all other golfers

What’s the rules here? Best finish of player bid on gets 75%?

For example, if top 3 guys are not bidded on, what occur?

It would be the highest bidded on player that would win whether that player is second, third, fourth or fifth.

If say the biggest longshot Harry Ellis wins but no one bids on him and Tiger Woods comes in second (and someone obviously bids on Tiger), then Tiger wins.

I've seen this.  This is good but people here will probably start complaining about the groups I make.  I can keep track of this and probably 40% of the field has a realistic chance of winning and that will make the total pot go higher this way.

I've seen this. This is good but people here will probably start complaining about the groups I make. I can keep track of this and probably 40% of the field has a realistic chance of winning and that will make the total pot go higher this way.

For the record the groups get decided off World Ranking in that kind of pool so there’s no debate, but I like the auction format of individuals for something different

For the record the groups get decided off World Ranking in that kind of pool so there’s no debate, but I like the auction format of individuals for something different

I just looked at the World Rankings.  We still have enough time that I can change it but I think we should do individuals.