Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Have you done your taxes?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 17011 posts
I started but lost momentum. May end up filing extension.

Glad the 605 has no state income tax, but will have to pay a little for Colorado.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>
SP NATION

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 56310 posts

No, ZERO RUSH when OWING

PROFESSIONAL ADVANTAGE GAMBLER

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 17011 posts

No, ZERO RUSH when OWING

Yeah, but still need to pay by 17th, so will need to figure enough for estimate.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>
SP NATION

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 17011 posts
A guy from my childhood Sunday school class went to prison for tax evasion..one of those guys who thought you can get out of paying taxes if you document something or the other....didn’t file for 4 years.
SP NATION

Dingo

Dingo

• Members
  • 6463 posts

A guy from my childhood Sunday school class went to prison for tax evasion..one of those guys who thought you can get out of paying taxes if you document something or the other....didn’t file for 4 years.

Wow four years in prison!
How much did he owe?
Thought America was the land of the free

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 17011 posts

Wow four years in prison!
How much did he owe?
Thought America was the land of the free

No...he did about a year. He didn’t PAY tax for four years. He owed about 350k. Thing is he HAD the money! They were well off. He was following his dad’s lead who was a well known community member. Was all kind of weird.
SP NATION

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 4874 posts

Did mine about a month ago, owed a little to both, used to be I'd wait till the last min if I was paying in but since my checking account pays like  0.1%. it doesn't matter.

Downsouth

Downsouth

• Members
  • 3974 posts
Not yet. Pulled out the massive pile of paperwork to start and then got sidetracked.

Dingo

Dingo

• Members
  • 6463 posts
In Canada we have till April 30th for personal taxes and June 30th for businesses

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 17011 posts

Did mine about a month ago, owed a little to both, used to be I'd wait till the last min if I was paying in but since my checking account pays like  0.1%. it doesn't matter.

I know.....used to wait on property taxes the same way, but with saving rates next to nothing doesn’t matter too much. Although I am getting like 1.5 % from Amex savings...beats many.
SP NATION

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 56310 posts

I started but lost momentum. May end up filing extension.

Glad the 605 has no state income tax, but will have to pay a little for Colorado.

What is penalty for extension?

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 17011 posts

What is penalty for extension?

There is no penalty for filing the extension. There is essentially an automatic six month extension, but it is only an extension to file, not to pay. So you need to make sure your taxes paid by April 15 or within a certain percentage or they will charge you interest and penalties or whatever.

You fill out a form for the extension and send along with your estimated taxes due. The form is very simple. Takes a minute.
SP NATION

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 17011 posts
https://www.irs.gov/...s-pdf/f4868.pdf

Extension form
SP NATION

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 12985 posts

no will do 80% of it next week then pay, then file extension.  then have to start over in october when i can't figure it out.

Dingo

Dingo

• Members
  • 6463 posts

There is no penalty for filing the extension. There is essentially an automatic six month extension, but it is only an extension to file, not to pay. So you need to make sure your taxes paid by April 15 or within a certain percentage or they will charge you interest and penalties or whatever.
You fill out a form for the extension and send along with your estimated taxes due. The form is very simple. Takes a minute.

We have that here as well if you owe you must pay what you think is outstanding
Then when you do file you must make up the difference
The penalties and fines are outrageous here and they charge 10% for any monies owed

Deemer

Deemer

Rockstar

• JFC
  • 28595 posts
Pay an accountant to do all that Jazz

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 29401 posts
They are done. Just haven’t hit send yet. Owe about $600 this year and was blindsided by it.

You only get the child tax credit for kids under 17. So thats why I got screwed I guess. It’s stupid. My daughter is still in hs, lives at home, and is a dependent. And she’s more expensive now as a driver than last year. But we don’t get the tax credit anymore? Dumb.

I’m bleeding money.

Dingo

Dingo

• Members
  • 6463 posts

I do
But I have boxes of invoices I have to correlate before I give it to them

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 18345 posts

i've done mine and a couple others

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 56310 posts

i've done mine and a couple others

.......so only about 399 more to go.

MillerMike >>>> :bash

Downsouth

Downsouth

• Members
  • 3974 posts

I do but still have to get it ready to give to the accountant.  

Teddy kgb

Teddy kgb

Sleep young lion

• Members
  • 14453 posts

I do but still have to get it ready to give to the accountant.

He doesn’t read minds? Find someone who does....broke dick

1='s x but 2 does not = xx

Downsouth

Downsouth

• Members
  • 3974 posts

He doesn’t read minds? Find someone who does....broke dick

You would think for what I pay that asshole he could. 

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 22734 posts
Submitted last month. Received refund in less than a week.
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

Deemer

Deemer

Rockstar

• JFC
  • 28595 posts
Deemer needs to have a child before next tax season, fuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users