Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Have you done your taxes?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

FairWarning

FairWarning

• Members
  • 5711 posts
Doing them this week.

Long live SP Nation!!!

Mr. NBA

Mr. NBA

• Members
  • 1212 posts

Stress free here.......my CPA and lawyers make the big bucks for a reason. :bulb

BGS 9.5

BGS 9.5

#bushybox

• Members
  • 4969 posts

Not my own, but plenty others

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 18757 posts

"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

...because the deafening roar of indefinite war is epic.

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 18757 posts

"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

...because the deafening roar of indefinite war is epic.

GreenDoberman

GreenDoberman

Loser

• Members
  • 3140 posts

They have been sitting on my kitchen table for about a month.  Should have more free time nowadays.

WVU

WVU

• JFC
  • 14422 posts

Lots of Natural Disasters all over the US last tax season.  Be sure to write off your inflated disaster expenses.

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 13750 posts
That was horribly unpleasant

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 19985 posts

Lots of Natural Disasters all over the US last tax season.  Be sure to write off your inflated disaster expenses.

and while you're at it give them accurate contact info for the audit they will be doing 

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 31450 posts

Was just gonna send mine off this morning.

Using TaxAct.  Going through the review process that is supposed to look for red flags. 

I get asked a question about my 2016 return.  Something about did I itemize or use the standard deduction.  Guess something I answered conflicted.  

I clicked the other answer and hit next.  Fucking thing then said I owed another $300.  Fuck this shit.

I'm starting over from complete scratch with another program this weekend. 

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7540 posts

I still have to drop off all of my info to my accountant.  Just collecting all of the stuff I need for him to do them takes forever.

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 19985 posts

Was just gonna send mine off this morning.

Using TaxAct.  Going through the review process that is supposed to look for red flags. 

I get asked a question about my 2016 return.  Something about did I itemize or use the standard deduction.  Guess something I answered conflicted.  

I clicked the other answer and hit next.  Fucking thing then said I owed another $300.  Fuck this shit.

I'm starting over from complete scratch with another program this weekend. 

it asked you that because you had an arizona refund in 2017... it is taxable if you itemized deductions in 2016 (because you took the deduction for payment, now you pay tax on refund)

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 31450 posts

it asked you that because you had an arizona refund in 2017... it is taxable if you itemized deductions in 2016 (because you took the deduction for payment, now you pay tax on refund)

I didn't itemize in 2016 on my federal return.  Standard was higher.  

WVU

WVU

• JFC
  • 14422 posts

and while you're at it give them accurate contact info for the audit they will be doing

Why would that trigger an audit? They will likely get a million returns with disaster write offs.

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7540 posts

Certain things on your taxes have a higher probability of triggering audits according to my accountant.  He said that putting "professional gambler" as your profession will trigger more audits than putting something else.

I would assume that Mike is probably in tune with what those triggers are as well.

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 31450 posts

This pisses me off.

There is a tax credit deal here in AZ where if you donate up to $400 to a school you can get that 100% back when you file your taxes.  Which I did.  Which is the only reason I got a refund.  

So then pay taxes on something that was owed back to me as a 100% refund?  Bullshit.

WVU

WVU

• JFC
  • 14422 posts
Probab!y much more than a million will use it. You can write off anything your insurance didnt cover and your insurance deduction too.

jasson621

jasson621

• Members
  • 3339 posts

That was horribly unpleasant

Ha, I go next Tuesday I am hoping the check I write has only one comma.

Sayeret Matkal

bookbraker

bookbraker

2015, 2016, and 2017 poster of the year

• Members
  • 5523 posts
I always owe...

Business privilege

Mercentile

Employer tax

Right to work tax

On and on and on.

To: LiL' Ted       From: housepicks 

You know why your daughters boyfriend invited his friend over for Christmas at your house?

Because it takes 2 beaners to fuck her fat ass.

Good thing you’re passed out drunk by then. 

12/30/2017

Teddy kgb

Teddy kgb

Take the cock..Take It!!

• Members
  • 15910 posts

I always owe....

Your bookie

I had 3 Locks and they all lost......wasn't my fault it was the interwebs

- Bgs 5.9

bookbraker

bookbraker

2015, 2016, and 2017 poster of the year

• Members
  • 5523 posts

Your bookie

Do your overnight house guests ever eat the shitty meals you cook?

To: LiL' Ted       From: housepicks 

You know why your daughters boyfriend invited his friend over for Christmas at your house?

Because it takes 2 beaners to fuck her fat ass.

Good thing you’re passed out drunk by then. 

12/30/2017

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• JFC
  • 19985 posts

Why would that trigger an audit? They will likely get a million returns with disaster write offs.

because it's one of those situations where people write off way more than they should

someone writes off $20k as a casualty loss, that's an easy letter from irs saying show me your out of pocket check stubs, and your homeowners insurance papers showing what your deductible is and an explanation why you didn't turn in an insurance claim for it

WVU

WVU

• JFC
  • 14422 posts
[quote name="milwaukee mike" post="1198200" timestamp="1522450032"]

because it's one of those situations where people write off way more than they should

someone writes off $20k as a casualty loss, that's an easy letter from irs saying show me your out of pocket check stubs, and your homeowners insurance papers showing what your deductible is and an explanation why you didn't turn in an insurance claim for it[/quotwhat percent of those who take this deduction will be audited do you think?

WVU

WVU

• JFC
  • 14422 posts
That garbage above is asking what percent taking this deduction will actually get audited? Again, millions will/should use it.

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 31450 posts

[quote name="milwaukee mike" post="1198200" timestamp="1522450032"]

someone writes off $20k as a casualty loss, that's an easy letter from irs saying show me your out of pocket check stubs, and your homeowners insurance papers showing what your deductible is and an explanation why you didn't turn in an insurance claim for it[/quotwhat percent of those who take this deduction will be audited do you think?

You didn't ask me.  But I think you should take the narrow road.

Regardless of the justification in one's own head, its never a good idea to cheat on taxes.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users