Have you done your taxes?

IAG

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tax rates are to high...........gawddamn joke!

Yeah ..short term cap gains...the rake. This is going to get ugly. IRS estimating due $25 billion in revenue from crypto gains. That is 20% of all capital gains in the United States for 2017. Think about that. And very few are reporting. Going to get ugly.

Ok good thanks.

I won’t owe Colorado that much. Not going to even bother to calculate that until I do my Federal and figure in the rental stuff. Whatever interest they charge won’t be much. I did pay the Fed today along with my extension. TurboTax is saying that extension is waiting to be approved. I thought it was an automatic deal. I’m screwed if they reject extension app. No way I’m doing these in the next 24 hours.

They let you pay in person with cash if you have a bill from them, so I'm just going to wait till I file and they bill me.

This guy put it right on that MATHDOTCOM douche in that thread..............

"Working 9-5 job makes people losers..?

i think your trying to justify how much of a lazy pos you are.

Fortunately you have obama to reload your 5dimes account every month." 

This guy put it right on that MATHDOTCOM douche in that thread..............

"Working 9-5 job makes people losers..?

i think your trying to justify how much of a lazy pos you are.

Fortunately you have obama to reload your 5dimes account every month." 

Poster DARK HAT defending Mathy..................

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jeffie viewpost-right.png
Working 9-5 job makes people losers..? i think your trying to justify how much of a lazy pos you are.

Fortunately you have obama to reload your 5dimes account every month.

mathy doesn't need to work

razor sharp gambler

• 5 months later...

My taxes are about $3500 on a 260K house, but i get a refund of about $1400 through the income based prop tax refund system.

My brother’s are like 25k in MN. That seems ridiculous. I thought Minnesota had a really high property tax, but I guess he just has a big house. ..

Mine are about 2800 here and 1000 in Colorado...might be more in Colo now..I forget...pay those in January and SD in April and October. My townhome is probably worth 260k also so Colo must have very low rates. House here guessing anywhere 190-210.

Property taxes have begun to piss me off ever since I started listening to Wade’s rhetoric on the subject. Especially since I don’t have kids, and most of the funds from property taxes go to the schools.

And I know education is important. And teachers are underpaid. I just prefer to do things voluntarily than having the state force me into it.