Official MikeYanks/GreenDoberman Sobriety Thread

GreenDoberman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to the bar on Sunday to pick up my NCAA tournament winnings.  Played a little video poker and had a nice salad and some iced tea.  Didn't help that I had a wicked cold and/or allergies all week, so definitely wasn't in the drinking mood.

Left up a few hundred bucks which is much better than getting hammered, hitting the ATM, and chasing VP.

Today marks day 10 of sobriety.  I'm eating well, exercising (walking on a daily basis) and overall doing well so far.

Have dropped a few pounds but still have a long way to go.

So I went to the bar on Sunday to pick up my NCAA tournament winnings.  Played a little video poker and had a nice salad and some iced tea.  Didn't help that I had a wicked cold and/or allergies all week, so definitely wasn't in the drinking mood.

Left up a few hundred bucks which is much better than getting hammered, hitting the ATM, and chasing VP.

Today marks day 10 of sobriety.  I'm eating well, exercising (walking on a daily basis) and overall doing well so far.

Have dropped a few pounds but still have a long way to go.

What’s the longest you have been without a drink?

So far I've been sober for 15 days, not including today (it's not over yet).  That's exactly half of the month.  I am down ten pounds in weight, am exercising more on a regular basis  (just walking, hopefully soon will be running and lifting).  Instead of the frequent trips to the bar I have been exploring new restaurants in town that I have wanted to try.  I have been a lot more productive and have certainly cut down on the amount of money I have been spending, or blown.  On the down side, I have been sick for most of the first half of the month.  I do not know if it is the virus that has been going around (several co-workers have actually been hospitalized) or if it is because my body is adjusting to my new diet.

Also I have discovered that drinking is just one of many problems that I have.  It has exacerbated some of the other problems, and even at other times covered them up.  I have to learn to crawl before I walk though.  The time is being filled up with some new hobbies and projects and I am hopeful that as the future unfolds even more things will be onboarded that will be productive in nature.  Do I miss it?  Hell yeah.  Am I done drinking forever?  Likely not.  But for now I am healing each day and am ecited to see where this road leads.

So far I've been sober for 15 days, not including today (it's not over yet).  That's exactly half of the month.  I am down ten pounds in weight, am exercising more on a regular basis  (just walking, hopefully soon will be running and lifting).  Instead of the frequent trips to the bar I have been exploring new restaurants in town that I have wanted to try.  I have been a lot more productive and have certainly cut down on the amount of money I have been spending, or blown.  On the down side, I have been sick for most of the first half of the month.  I do not know if it is the virus that has been going around (several co-workers have actually been hospitalized) or if it is because my body is adjusting to my new diet.

Also I have discovered that drinking is just one of many problems that I have.  It has exacerbated some of the other problems, and even at other times covered them up.  I have to learn to crawl before I walk though.  The time is being filled up with some new hobbies and projects and I am hopeful that as the future unfolds even more things will be onboarded that will be productive in nature.  Do I miss it?  Hell yeah.  Am I done drinking forever?  Likely not.  But for now I am healing each day and am ecited to see where this road leads.

What other issues have come up now that you have quit drinking?

I have been very fortunate in life ,was able to keep everything in moderation and was never into chemicals

I have a couple of friends with drinking problems and lost many childhood friends to drugs

Good luck