The PokerStars TGF Home Game [Tonight @ 10 PM ET]

KingRevolver

You are the one attacking me douchebag... As you know there is so much variance in tournaments that my stats are not too bad. Quit the tough guy act, this day and age online poker is 1000% different than the Chris Moneymaker years.

20180422_111501.jpg

Brick has done really well. Shark scope profits were big for his actual name.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeper get this through your thick lil retarded skull you window lickin fuck, i am not "Brick" on any poker network and never have been.

And poker is a little bit diffferent but doesnt stop me from playing buy in amounts that a grown man should be playing. Think i played $8 buy ins when i was between 10-12 years old

Think I cashed 12k in the $3 rebuy at stars but was probably in for $21. Some of the low money rebuys used to have great guarantees. Not these days in US though.

Anyone besides me got current stats??? All living in the past, Ultimate Bet, full tilt candy land :laugh Try beating the game now when everyone has a HUD and 15 screens

Sweeper= documented winner MTT's, award winning poker tracking website :hat

there was bigger money in it back then and those things existed. Arguing much smaller guarantees and a smaller player base is somehow harder to beat, you're nuts.

The difference is that it was 80% donks back in the heydays. Not near that any more. I don't know about entry level cash games like $1/$2 NL or spread limit games, but at the $5/$10 NL tables and up in Vegas, you're almost always playing against a table full of other grinders these days. Extremely rare that you'll get a whale at your table that just wants to play. In 2007 and prior, they were everywhere in Vegas.

And online at Party Poker, Pacific Poker, and later Full Tilt, you had people dumping money in your lap prior to the UIGEA.

The difference is that it was 80% donks back in the heydays. Not near that any more. I don't know about entry level cash games like $1/$2 NL or spread limit games, but at the $5/$10 NL tables and up in Vegas, you're almost always playing against a table full of other grinders these days. Extremely rare that you'll get a whale at your table that just wants to play. In 2007 and prior, they were everywhere in Vegas.

And online at Party Poker, Pacific Poker, and later Full Tilt, you had people dumping money in your lap prior to the UIGEA.

It didn't make massive MTT pools easier; even with donks, there were more sharps playing given how many pros were from the USA who went and got jobs. Large MTT pools are harder to beat - even with more donks - than the smaller pools that exist today in legalized NJ online poker. More money = harder to win. We're not talking cash games, and I'd argue 5/10 still isn't high enough to weed out donks, but we're talking large stakes MTT's.

It didn't make massive MTT pools easier; even with donks, there were more sharps playing given how many pros were from the USA who went and got jobs. Large MTT pools are harder to beat - even with more donks - than the smaller pools that exist today in legalized NJ online poker. More money = harder to win. We're not talking cash games, and I'd argue 5/10 still isn't high enough to weed out donks, but we're talking large stakes MTT's.

Of course, a MUCH higher percentage of donks made MTT pools easier to beat.  They're donks.  They don't have a good chance of cashing at all.  Players overall are FAR better today than they were back then.  There might have been 2 or 3 people at a table that were capable of counting their outs on a table back then.  If it wasn't easier to beat those players, then there's absolutely no skill in poker - which is certainly not the case.

More money in tournaments doesn't equate to harder to win when at least half of the fields were absolutely dead money.  It comes down to simple math.  If the tournament pays the top 10%, you seriously think it's easier to cash today when maybe 20% of the players are donks compared to somewhere around 80% of the players back then?  Doesn't matter how many people are in the tournament.  The payout structures have ALWAYS paid by percentages.

$5/$10 NL cash games and up in Vegas are absolutely chock full of grinders today and if a donk does happen to sit at the table on the rare occasion, 8 or 9 players are salivating.  And it's been that way since around 2009.  I haven't played seriously online in probably a decade but with bots and HUD's all over the place (which didn't really exist in the beginning of online poker), there is no possible way it is easier to win today than it was back then.  To argue otherwise is asinine.  People don't even need to know how count their outs or calculate their equity when they play online today.

Of course, a MUCH higher percentage of donks made MTT pools easier to beat. They're donks. They don't have a good chance of cashing at all. Players overall are FAR better today than they were back then. There might have been 2 or 3 people at a table that were capable of counting their outs on a table back then. If it wasn't easier to beat those players, then there's absolutely no skill in poker - which is certainly not the case.

More money in tournaments doesn't equate to harder to win when at least half of the fields were absolutely dead money. It comes down to simple math. If the tournament pays the top 10%, you seriously think it's easier to cash today when maybe 20% of the players are donks compared to somewhere around 80% of the players back then? Doesn't matter how many people are in the tournament. The payout structures have ALWAYS paid by percentages.

$5/$10 NL cash games and up in Vegas are absolutely chock full of grinders today and if a donk does happen to sit at the table on the rare occasion, 8 or 9 players are salivating. And it's been that way since around 2009. I haven't played seriously online in probably a decade but with bots and HUD's all over the place (which didn't really exist in the beginning of online poker), there is no possible way it is easier to win today than it was back then. To argue otherwise is asinine. People don't even need to know how count their outs or calculate their equity when they play online today.

when I was playing less than 10 years ago bots and huds were everywhere. We'll agree to disageee.

10 years ago was well past the heydays of poker.  The best days of poker were from 2002-2007.  That is the era I'm talking about.

The UIGEA was passed in 2006 and was the beginning of the end, and the recession put the nail in the coffin.  Poker has not been the same since.

There is no "agree to disagree" because you're talking about the exact same era as today.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

2005 to 2007 was definitely a great time. 

id probably do a lot of things to revert back to december 2002... thats when started being really fun, for a while

but yeah, 2004 kinda sucked, but 2005 to 2008 were amazing to me...