What Is Your Favorite NFL Team And How Do You Like Their Chances For 2018?

Mike75

My team is the Tennessee Titans and i do like our chances in 2018.

The Titans are beginning offseason workouts today and have a new head coach and staff.

The new head coach is Mike Vrabel and he has a pretty good coordinator on both sides of the ball.

On offense he has Matt LaFleur and on defense Dean Pees.

LaFleur helped the Rams and McVay get huge strides and improvement out of their second year QB Jared Goff.

Pees did a good job with the Ravens/Patriots over the last decade getting a ring or two in the process.

One of the smartest things ownership ever did in their 20 years of decision making was decide going forward that changes needed to be made,

Ex head coach Mike Mularkey got irritated that the team was taking their time on an extension and he claimed he was pissed off because now his family was involved. He pretty much started acting like a big pussy and after he made a couple more snide comments the powers that be final had enough.

Mularkey sealed his fate when reporters asked if their were gonna be changes on offense because that unit was really bad and not only did he say there would be no changes he meant personnel as well knowing that he and the GM were gonna have a big blowout over it.

Mularkey basically pulled a power play with GM Robinson and lost. Besides the simple fact remains that our GM almost singlehandedly turned the franchise around by himself while Mularkey did very little at all in comparison.

Almost all our fanbase was glad to see Mularkey go and they really like Robinson because he is the one that changed things for the better.

The team was really good from 1999 their first year through 2011 having 7 winning seasons,6 postseason appearances,3 division titles and 13 win seasons,2 AFC Title and 1 Super Bowl appearance.

From 2012 through 2015 they had 4 straight losing seasons which is basically the roughest period the team ever had mainly due to a bust at QB and bad GM decisions.

But they soon bounced back after drafting Marcus Mariota at QB and hiring GM Jon Robinson in 2016 leading to two straight winning seasons and a good postseason in 2017 getting one step from the AFC Title game.

In 2018 Tennessee plays both Super Bowl participants New England and Philly at home as well as having to play the NFL toughest defense Jacksonville twice. We have to play Dallas,NY Giants on the road as well as the Chargers in London a very tough team.

2018 the Titans will be gunning for their third straight winning season as well as their second straight postseason appearance.

We will be playing in what very well could be the toughest division playing QB Andrew Luck/Indy twice a year and when Luck is good the Colts usually have the best offense as well as Jacksonville the number one defense twice a year along with Houston who have JJ Watt on defense and the rookie QB of the year last season in DeShaun Watson. Tennessee will be good as well as they were one step from being in the AFC Title game and have most possibly the deepest roster

QB Mariota and GM Robinson are the two that are most responsible for the turnaround in Tennessee.

So what is your favorite NFL team and how do you view their 2018 season???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF Niners

Outlook very positive. Should make the playoffs.

The true greatest team and franchise in the NFL

I think they will be the surprise team of the NFC next year. Even though the Rams got Suh,Talib,Peters,Watkins,Cooks,etc. too many egos. The Niners will go deep in the postseason. Garoppolo is the real deal.

Packers will be a playoff team next season if Rodgers is healthy all year. They got a new GM so for the first time in ages they will be active in free agency.

They could run me out there and be a playoff team if Rodgers is healthy.

They were 4-1 before his injury.

They definitely need some personnel improvements on defense and at the WR position to be real contenders this year.

Arizona Cardinals.

2019 Super Bowl Champs.

Top 5 team in NFL history.

You guys are shifting to a 4-3 defense.

There are plenty of changes in Cardinals camp this year, and they extend to the base defense.

Via Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, Cardinals coach Steve Wilks said they would be a base 4-3 defense.

That distinction isn’t as important as it used to be, given the number of snaps played by sub packages.

But Wilks said the primary factor was that he wanted outside linebackers Chandler Jones and Markus Golden able to rush the passer on every down, rather than having one drop into coverage.

Considering Wilks’ background working for Ron Rivera, it’s not a surprise. And if Golden can get healthy after last year’s torn ACL, the idea of pairing a 12.5-sack guy from 2016 with Jones (who had 17.0 last year) is a good place to start as Wilks tries to rebuild the defense.

Chiefs.   Absolutely love Mahomes.   Will be an all time great.   Hated firing Dorsey, he'll turn Cleve around quickly, and his replacement GM looks to be in way over his head, handing out ridiculous contracts and dumping Marcus Peters for zilch.   But as long as you have what I think will be a great QB, you always have a chance.  

Chiefs.   Absolutely love Mahomes.   Will be an all time great.   Hated firing Dorsey, he'll turn Cleve around quickly, and his replacement GM looks to be in way over his head, handing out ridiculous contracts and dumping Marcus Peters for zilch.   But as long as you have what I think will be a great QB, you always have a chance.  

I agree with you i think Mahomes is gonna be good and better than Alex Smith as well. I think if Mahomes was starting that playoff game against the Titans we would've lost. Not sure but i think in the second half that Andy Reid got too conservative allowing Tennessee to come back and win.