Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Egg recall

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 16961 posts
“The eggs were sold through retail stores and restaurants. They reached consumers in Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia.“

https://edition.cnn....ears/index.html
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>
SP NATION

Sharp Square

Sharp Square

On The Bayou !

• Members
  • 9855 posts

at least Louisiana didn't make the list 

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts
Every time I go to the grocery store I buy eggs, and every time I clean out my fridge I throw out an entire container of eggs.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>
SP NATION

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 6348 posts
I throw out a bunch of eggs too usually. Sometimes, I'll make scrambled eggs, soft boiled eggs on toast, or get on a French toast kick though.

My dog used to like hard boiled eggs or scrambled eggs when she was a puppy but she won't eat them anymore.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts
I only like fried for most part. During NFL I will do Steak and eggs on Sundays, but I just started that last year. Think I did it three times. I’ve thrown out hundreds of eggs though.

It’s one of those things that are cheap enough that if you toss you don’t feel too bad. Seems like a staple you should just have in the fridge for some reason.
SP NATION

Sam Odom

Sam Odom

Rockstar

• Members
  • 15227 posts

IAG

boil them (8 outta 12?) early on then they will stay good

use in salads ; garden , tuna , plain egg , ham...

Endeavor to Persevere!

barryrunsome

barryrunsome

• Members
  • 10442 posts
There’s also a romaine lettuce problem right now

Avoid at any and all costs

People are getting salmonella
Broke Landers is down 300K lifetime. Could win every single bet placed for the next 5 years and would still be in the RED

:lebrick :deemer

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts

IAG

boil them (8 outta 12?) early on then they will stay good

use in salads ; garden , tuna , plain egg , ham...

Good to know Samuel.
I can’t I do eggs on a green salad...like a Cobb...blech.... I can however do, egg salad. Not an egg fan generally u less I’m on a low-carb kick and then I will eat them more often.
SP NATION

Blue

Blue

• JFC
  • 15466 posts

EGG ZACK LEE

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 4867 posts

I'm using eggs now dated dec, they're just fine, the recall is all nonsense.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts

I'm using eggs now dated dec, they're just fine, the recall is all nonsense.

Aren’t you in Minnesota though?
SP NATION

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 4867 posts

Aren’t you in Minnesota though?

yea, but that doesn't matter, so they recalled a bunch of eggs due to salmonella, we know the inside of the egg is fine, so obviosly the outside of the eggs have salmonella on them, they could just tell people to wash them well.

Sam Losco

Sam Losco

• Members
  • 479 posts
they started selling a pack of 6 eggs here... perfect. now i waste 2 instead of 20

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts

yea, but that doesn't matter, so they recalled a bunch of eggs due to salmonella, we know the inside of the egg is fine, so obviosly the outside of the eggs have salmonella on them, they could just tell people to wash them well.

How do you know the inside is fine? The contamination can happen before the shell is formed.
SP NATION

Mike Yanks

Mike Yanks

Relish King

• Administrators
  • 37272 posts

How do you know the inside is fine? The contamination can happen before the shell is formed.

Egg-zactly

housepicks

housepicks

Rockstar

• Members
  • 5660 posts
Who would take any chances for a buck or 2?

A moron.
SP NATION

CoinMuncher

CoinMuncher

• Members
  • 221 posts

salmonella in lettuce?

news for me

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts

That’s good to know. I have about three packages of those prepackaged salads in the fridge.
SP NATION

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 22630 posts

Merlin is a full blown retard nutter. He doesn’t know shit about shit.
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts

Merlin is a full blown retard nutter. He doesn’t know shit about shit.

Is he the one who routinely eats expired meat or something? That would explain the lack of concern for salmonella I guess.
SP NATION

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Owner

• FFF
  • 22630 posts

Is he the one who routinely eats expired meat or something? That would explain the lack of concern for salmonella I guess.

Yup
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 4867 posts

Then they would kill the chickens.

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 4867 posts

Got a half price deal on some ground beef at aldi last week that was going bad. Very tasty burgers.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 16961 posts

Then they would kill the chickens.

? Who would what?

I’m not sure what you are saying I guess.
SP NATION

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 4867 posts

? Who would what?

I’m not sure what you are saying I guess.

The inside of an egg is clean and sterile, the only way salmonella would get inside is if the shell was cracked(which is why you're not supposed to eat cracked eggs). If there's salmonella on the recalled eggs it's likely because of contamination at the place where they're washed, eggs are washed before they're packaged, so the bleach or whatever they use to clean them obviously was not up to snuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users