Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Egg recall

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 20274 posts

The inside of an egg is clean and sterile, the only way salmonella would get inside is if the shell was cracked(which is why you're not supposed to eat cracked eggs). If there's salmonella on the recalled eggs it's likely because of contamination at the place where they're washed, eggs are washed before they're packaged, so the bleach or whatever they use to clean them obviously was not up to snuff.

Actually not correct. Salmonella can exist in a hen’s ovaries which is transferred into the egg before the shell is formed. I don’t know how common it is, but eggs do not have to be cracked in order to have salmonella. I think it’s referenced in the article above and at the CDC website.

“Eggs are not laid in a sterile environment. ... Through vertical transmission, bacteria are introduced from infected reproductive tissues to eggs prior to shell formation. This form of transmission is mostly associated with pathogenic bacteria, namely Salmonella.”
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

...because the deafening roar of indefinite war is epic.

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6752 posts

Actually not correct. Salmonella can exist in a hen’s ovaries which is transferred into the egg before the shell is formed. I don’t know how common it is, but eggs do not have to be cracked in order to have salmonella. I think it’s referenced in the article above and at the CDC website.

“Eggs are not laid in a sterile environment. ... Through vertical transmission, bacteria are introduced from infected reproductive tissues to eggs prior to shell formation. This form of transmission is mostly associated with pathogenic bacteria, namely Salmonella.”

Fine, but you are aware that virtually every chicken has salmonella on/in them? Same with e-coli and the rest, normal hygiene/cleaning practices keep bacterial numbers under an allowable limit. Improper handling, storage, and preparation are what cause outbreaks of food born disease, and in this case it's something that happened at one plant/farm.

fifty cint

fifty cint

• Members
  • 5146 posts

Poster RPI please be careful. Can't afford to have anything happen to this valuable form member, Captain1 UP please look after him and THE Merrymen

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 20274 posts

and in this case it's something that happened at one plant/farm.

Exactly

PSA only. Just refuting that salmonella cannot exist in eggs without them being cracked. I don’t eat many eggs. I’m not that concerned. However If I lived in one of the affected states, I certainly wouldn’t sweat it for a buck or two like House said. ...wouldn’t take my chances.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

Fecal Tornado

Fecal Tornado

If you don't know who your father is,it could be me

• Members
  • 2880 posts

boil,two cans sliced red beets,1/4 (1/2 if you like it more tart)cup white vinegar  they will last long time I also thrown in onions make two dozen @ a time

Fecal Tornado

Fecal Tornado

If you don't know who your father is,it could be me

• Members
  • 2880 posts

longer it sits better it is

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6752 posts

Exactly

PSA only. Just refuting that salmonella cannot exist in eggs without them being cracked. I don’t eat many eggs. I’m not that concerned. However If I lived in one of the affected states, I certainly wouldn’t sweat it for a buck or two like House said. ...wouldn’t take my chances.

Anyway, I've got 4 eggs left dated Dec 6, so i better get going on them.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 20274 posts
Mike I just found an unopened bottle of salad dressing in my pantry with exp date 2015. Would you use that?.

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6752 posts

Mike I just found an unopened bottle of salad dressing in my pantry with exp date 2015. Would you use that?.

Yup, I'm using tartar sauce now from about that time, it should be ok. Unopened though, sheet, that's fresh as a dewy meadow on a spring day.

I do have my standards by the way, i tossed a can of collard greens I found at the back of the cupboard, probably been there 10-12 years.

Dingo

Dingo

• Members
  • 7137 posts

Anyway, I've got 4 eggs left dated Dec 6, so i better get going on them.

You must be a real treat in the men’s room

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 6752 posts

You must be a real treat in the men’s room

My cat sits on me or next to me most of the time, sometimes I let it rip, he cant seem to figure out what that is. :lol

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 70019 posts
Arizona safe, I hope.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 20274 posts

Arizona safe, I hope.

That big Romaine outbreak that Barry mentioned was traced to Arizona, but I don’t know if they sold the lettuce locally or if it was shipped to other states. You might want to check it out though.

rdalert447

rdalert447

Rockstar

• Members
  • 3081 posts
I only buy eggs from IOWA.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 20274 posts
Romaine Ecoli outbreak has now spread to 29 states including Minnesota, ND, Florida, and Texas.

https://www.washingt...m=.b1cb3da43fd6

Be careful out there.

Yanks

Yanks

Relish King

• Administrators
  • 40188 posts
Thankfully I don’t eat lettuce or eggs

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 20274 posts

Thankfully I don’t eat lettuce or eggs

Lord Yanks is wise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users