Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Let’s talk College Football Resources

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

MikeyLo

MikeyLo

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1328 posts
Anyone got any podcasts, websites, or preview magazines that they recommend? I’ve got a bunch for college hoops but not as many for football.

Everyone always talks about Phil Steele. His magazine is a little overrated in my opinion. He has about a zillion abbreviations that are hard to keep track of and he’s goes back like 5 years at each position in his previews. I don’t care about who the Central Michigan QB was in 2014...tell me about the guy they have now.

Blue Ribbon is great for college hoops. They used to have to have a football edition too but that may have been discontinued.

Brian Edwards had a decent podcast during the season, Chris Vernon had an okay gambling pod with the ringer during the season, Tom Fornelli’s picks were solid.

I’m probably gonna stay away from the action network. They seem overrated.

Any other suggestions?

FairWarning

FairWarning

• Members
  • 7526 posts
Unfortunately the BR CF Has been discontinued.

A book I found on amazon that was a good source was Joseph Lisi GoForThe2.com College Football Preview. He mainly focuses on big conferences but thr book and website is worth a look.

Lisi has podcasts now for the upcoming season.

Long live SP Nation!!!

WeinkeToWarrick

WeinkeToWarrick

• Members
  • 5899 posts
Phil Steele incredibly overrated. Good for roster information but better to go on a team by team basis to their rivals/247/etc team site.

Local newspaper writers also pretty good but a lot of times you get rah-rah guys that aren’t critical enough. For instance with Nebraska if you want good info read the Lincoln paper but if you want a true critique of that info you gotta read the Omaha paper. Same with schools like Iowa State and Ames vs Des Moines and Kansas State with Manhattan vs Kansas City.

At campuses that are truly in college towns I think it’s best to read a summary/preview from the writer in that town then find a second one from the largest nearest city and meet somewhere in the middle.

WeinkeToWarrick

WeinkeToWarrick

• Members
  • 5899 posts
Tennessee and Knoxville/Nashville
FSU and Tallahassee/Orlando
Colorado and Boulder/Denver

Etc etc

HinesWard86

HinesWard86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

I'm a bit biased, but some of the SB Nation team blogs are outstanding. Real good sources of information.

Twitter is going to be the best go-to though. Follow the right people on Twitter and move forward from there.

MikeyLo

MikeyLo

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1328 posts
Good info guys, thanks.

Hines, any team blogs that are especially good or recommended twitter follows?

WeinkeToWarrick

WeinkeToWarrick

• Members
  • 5899 posts
Tomahawk Nation and Bud Elliot are must follows for FSU fans

FairWarning

FairWarning

• Members
  • 7526 posts

I'm a bit biased, but some of the SB Nation team blogs are outstanding. Real good sources of information.

Twitter is going to be the best go-to though. Follow the right people on Twitter and move forward from there.

SB Nation is good. The Athletic is good also.

Long live SP Nation!!!

rdalert447

rdalert447

Rockstar

• Members
  • 3223 posts
I just sift through Drink's 9 paragraph posts, and then pound the hidden nuggets.

Hangover

Hangover

Facemelter

• Members
  • 14426 posts

Tomahawk Nation and Bud Elliot are must follows for FSU fans

Do all FSU fans also have 17 grams of weed in their possession and only get a $100 fine if investigated and caught? :deemer

that drop tho

MikeyLo

MikeyLo

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1328 posts

Unfortunately the BR CF Has been discontinued.
A book I found on amazon that was a good source was Joseph Lisi GoForThe2.com College Football Preview. He mainly focuses on big conferences but thr book and website is worth a look.
Lisi has podcasts now for the upcoming season.

Picked up Lisi’s book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users