Time for a new crypto thread

IAG

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at this rate my prediction of eos below .05 might not take 2 years

path of least resistance is still gonna be DOWN for cryptos from here on out... stay safe everyone

Do you want to bet on that five cent mark in 2 years? From whenever you said it? I’ll take that bet!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/22/bitcoin-tumbles-after-japan-watchdog-orders-exchanges-to-review-business-practices.html

Every day it’s something...

At least some pseudo-good news regarding Tether and Mt Gox distributions.

"In the long term, it builds a better ecosystem and makes sure this is a legitimate asset class," said Brian Kelly, founder and CEO of BKCM. 

:laugh  :laugh  :laugh 

a legitimate asset class that is primarily used for gambling, drugs, and unregistered guns... take away the "money laundering" and there's no purpose

that wouldn't be anywhere close to even money

keep in mind you also wanted to bet me that cryptos wouldn't be significantly lower in 2018  :burn

I don’t remember wanting to bet that. Link? Seems like there was a certain coin, or certain number involved.

What odds do you want? I’m not saying it won’t go down and the fastest risers fall the fastest usually, but a nickel? No way,

"In the long term, it builds a better ecosystem and makes sure this is a legitimate asset class," said Brian Kelly, founder and CEO of BKCM. 

:laugh  :laugh  :laugh 

a legitimate asset class that is primarily used for gambling, drugs, and unregistered guns... take away the "money laundering" and there's no purpose

:laugh  :laugh 

"In the long term, it builds a better ecosystem and makes sure this is a legitimate asset class," said Brian Kelly, founder and CEO of BKCM. [/size]

:laugh[/size]  :laugh[/size]  :laugh[/size] [/size]

a legitimate asset class that is primarily used for gambling, drugs, and unregistered guns... take away the "money laundering" and there's no purpose[/size]

Of course there is. Overvalued maybe, but to say there is no purpose? Really?

name 1 legitimate thing that a large number of people are using cryptos for

Look at Venezuela.

As has been stated numerous times, crypto in its infancy, but smart contracts is another good example.

There is a big difference between no purpose, and how it is being utilized in 2018. (See INTERNET)

As far as me wanting to bet... it was on the market cap. You said you would bet every dollar you own that the market cap would be significantly lower in 2018 and this was my response.

“Every dollar you own? What is “much lower?” I might be interested in a friendly wager. Certainly not everything I own. I wouldn’t bet everything I own on bitcoin one where the other.”

Do you own any crypto at this point MM?

Look at Venezuela.

As has been stated numerous times, crypto in its infancy, but smart contracts is another good example.

There is a big difference between no purpose, and how it is being utilized in 2018. (See INTERNET)

As far as me wanting to bet... it was on the market cap. You said you would bet every dollar you own that the market cap would be significantly lower in 2018 and this was my response.

“Every dollar you own? What is “much lower?” I might be interested in a friendly wager. Certainly not everything I own. I wouldn’t bet everything I own on bitcoin one where the other.”

Venezuela is not really a good indication of the value of bitcoin because it has problems because the US is trying to overthrow the govt. If the US tries to overthrow bitcoin, it will have the same success.

People may funnel money to bitcoin but it is a far smarter thing to funnel money into US dollars.

Look at Venezuela.

market cap jan 1 2018 was $596 billion, now it's $259 billion, i would call that significantly lower (-57%) so i guess i was right

only crypto i own is what i'm getting buried on hvbtf/grow stocks... i have bets against crypto with puts on lfin (down 25% today, on the way to 0) and riot

market cap jan 1 2018 was $596 billion, now it's $259 billion, i would call that significantly lower (-57%) so i guess i was right

only crypto i own is what i'm getting buried on hvbtf/grow stocks... i have bets against crypto with puts on lfin (down 25% today, on the way to 0) and riot

Yeah but it wasn’t in Jan that you said that.

Venezuela is not really a good indication of the value of bitcoin because it has problems because the US is trying to overthrow the govt. If the US tries to overthrow bitcoin, it will have the same success.People may funnel money to bitcoin but it is a far smarter thing to funnel money into US dollars.

I wasn’t speaking to the value, I was talking about a current legitimate use case.

what exchange did u buy the puts on?

Lol. BTC was over 13k Jan1, and when you offered the bet it was about 6-7k...(2/5). So the big drop had already been made. I don’t know the exact market cap on that date, but if you want to find it, I would still take that bet...for amusement purposes only of course. I believe time frame was one year.

Look at Venezuela.

Venezuala is nearing it's final collapse, a fair chance it will not exist in 4-6 months, they're near the point where they cant produce any oil.

I wasn’t speaking to the value, I was talking about a current legitimate use case.

That is what I am referring to. At one time, businesses would take bitcoin. The idea that bitcoin is a currency has pretty much been abandoned. It is now rightly viewed as just a token to trade at an exceedingly higher value.

There is some occasional use for it in countries under economic attack but that is not a long-term option for it.