Time for a new crypto thread

IAG

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. BTC was over 13k Jan1, and when you offered the bet it was about 6-7k...(2/5). So the big drop had already been made. I don’t know the exact market cap on that date, but if you want to find it, I would still take that bet...for amusement purposes only of course. I believe time frame was one year.

on feb 5th the total crypto market cap was $349b... down 26% since then

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

http://bitcoinist.com/venezuela-record-bitcoin-buying-spree-continues-amid-hyperinflation/

Some believe that the rising interest in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies comes as people keep searching for some sort of alternative store of value. One Reddit user points out how hyperinflation in the country means someone who bought Bitcoin at the all-time high price of $20,000 would still be better off than if they held bolivars.

http://bitcoinist.com/venezuela-record-bitcoin-buying-spree-continues-amid-hyperinflation/

Some believe that the rising interest in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies comes as people keep searching for some sort of alternative store of value. One Reddit user points out how hyperinflation in the country means someone who bought Bitcoin at the all-time high price of $20,000 would still be better off than if they held bolivars.

the interest in bitcoin came because it went up. Now there are tons of new cryptos which entirely defeats the idea of bitcoin because it is in effect printing of more money which is endless so long as it goes up. When it goes down, they all go away.

the interest in bitcoin came because it went up. Now there are tons of new cryptos which entirely defeats the idea of bitcoin because it is in effect printing of more money which is endless so long as it goes up. When it goes down, they all go away.

The interest in BTC in Venezuela was because of hyper inflation. It still is.

I don't remember ever seeing so much resistance at certain levels in the crypto markets as in the past week or so. BTC kept testing around 6180 and ETH around 540 and they were never able to break out.

That's not a good sign for people who are long. But I also think it's way too early for everything to tank completely. This stuff could be range bound for a while.

Is there really rising interest in Bitcoin at this point though?

I don't remember ever seeing so much resistance at certain levels in the crypto markets as in the past week or so. BTC kept testing around 6180 and ETH around 540 and they were never able to break out.

That's not a good sign for people who are long. But I also think it's way too early for everything to tank completely. This stuff could be range bound for a while.

That should say 6780. Not 6180.

Yes. But bitcoin is a poor substitute for US dollars. But it is readily available.That is not sustainable for bitcoin though.

I guess I’m not sure what you’re saying.

I don't know about Venezuela. I tend to doubt that Venezuela is going to carry the crypto markets much higher if at all. There isn't very much money there.

No. My point in bringing up Venezuela was in regard to legitimate use cases for crypto. I was just citing an example of countering inflation in places with no access to alternate currencies and limited access to banking.

• 4 weeks later...

Know anything about Digibyte?? (I think it's called that.)

Sorry I just saw this Mach. I really don’t ..sorry......I may have at one time because I owned some a while back. I think it’s been doing well lately, but I really can’t tell you much about it unfortunately.

Bitcoin at 2 month high and 46.7 percent dominance level.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m not a huge Ivan fan although he was one of the first ones to speak out against Bitconnect after shilling them initially...at least I think that was him... I could be thinking of someone else.

I just read that YouTube was also named in the action against BCC for allowing those ponzi routers to promote. And Trevon James was subpoenaed.