Time for a new crypto thread

IAG

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It’s sure not the platinum one.

do you mean where me/wvu were recommending buying platinum?  what did we recommend it at?  900-1000 maybe

currently at 836 spot, 883 for a bar so that's down quite a bit less than cryptos over that time frame

and platinum will be worth a lot more in 10 years, cryptos will be worth less (worthless)

do you mean where me/wvu were recommending buying platinum?  what did we recommend it at?  900-1000 maybe

currently at 836 spot, 883 for a bar so that's down quite a bit less than cryptos over that time frame

and platinum will be worth a lot more in 10 years, cryptos will be worth less (worthless)

On the contrary, over that same time time frame crypto is way up...hundreds of percent...platinum is down about 15 percent.

On the contrary, over that same time time frame crypto is way up...hundreds of percent...platinum is down about 15 percent.

my mistake...  sorry I found the thread, was too early of a recommendation

I bumped it for you to apologize

I won't bother bumping the thread where I said to buy ripple at $1 and sell at $3 a week later, because we look to the future not the past... and the future is horrible for crypto scams

• 3 weeks later...

A canadian bitcoin exchange called maple change said today that they were hacked and all their money was stolen, then they deleted all their media accts and closed up shop. It's probably a scam/inside job but it shows what could happen?

Never heard of them, but that is why it is advisable to not keep your crypto on an exchange.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a complete breakdown in technology. There's no way Bitcoin or any other crypto can service mass consumerism. We saw that with huge delays and massive fees in BTC and ETH when cryptos were at peak interest back in January. When I was running a full node of BTC, the blockchain was at around 165GB with about a day or two worth of equivalent Visa transactions. There is no possible way to decentralize a ledger servicing as many transactions as Visa alone does. People running full nodes (the people with voting rights on the blockchain) would need massive storage capacity if BTC or any other crypto was ever actually capable of processing enough transactions for mass consumerism.  And centralized full nodes would completely defeat the purpose of a decentralized ledger or cryptos themselves.

There is a complete breakdown in technology. There's no way Bitcoin or any other crypto can service mass consumerism. We saw that with huge delays and massive fees in BTC and ETH when cryptos were at peak interest back in January. When I was running a full node of BTC, the blockchain was at around 165GB with about a day or two worth of equivalent Visa transactions. There is no possible way to decentralize a ledger servicing as many transactions as Visa alone does. People running full nodes (the people with voting rights on the blockchain) would need massive storage capacity if BTC or any other crypto was ever actually capable of processing enough transactions for mass consumerism.  And centralized full nodes would completely defeat the purpose of a decentralized ledger or cryptos themselves.

yeah as a non-tech guy it was even easy for me to see that btc was a victim of its own success

and at some point these are worthless "assets", they have the same problem as currencies, the us dollar continues to be worth less and less over time because it is backed by nothing but debt... cryptos aren't even backed by anything at all