Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Time for a new crypto thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Banned

• FFF
  • 26783 posts
Fucking shitcoins!!
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

Monitor-Tan

Monitor-Tan

Kinger Nose Thongs...

• Members
  • 4773 posts

the btc dominance.. Yowzers

2015 HRW Las Vegas Trip Contest Winner

2015 America's Bookie Costa Rica Contest Winner

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 72857 posts

Yeah Buddy!

I hope there's another boom for you, but there's so many different currencies out there now. JFC

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• Members
  • 20902 posts

is this the thread i bump every time these piles of garbage get crushed?

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 21325 posts

is this the thread i bump every time these piles of garbage get crushed?

It’s sure not the platinum one.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

...because the deafening roar of indefinite war is epic.

Dingo

Dingo

• JFC
  • 7460 posts

Lol

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• Members
  • 20902 posts

do you mean where me/wvu were recommending buying platinum?  what did we recommend it at?  900-1000 maybe

currently at 836 spot, 883 for a bar so that's down quite a bit less than cryptos over that time frame

and platinum will be worth a lot more in 10 years, cryptos will be worth less (worthless)

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 21325 posts

do you mean where me/wvu were recommending buying platinum?  what did we recommend it at?  900-1000 maybe

currently at 836 spot, 883 for a bar so that's down quite a bit less than cryptos over that time frame

and platinum will be worth a lot more in 10 years, cryptos will be worth less (worthless)

On the contrary, over that same time time frame crypto is way up...hundreds of percent...platinum is down about 15 percent.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• Members
  • 20902 posts

On the contrary, over that same time time frame crypto is way up...hundreds of percent...platinum is down about 15 percent.

my mistake...  sorry I found the thread, was too early of a recommendation

I bumped it for you to apologize

I won't bother bumping the thread where I said to buy ripple at $1 and sell at $3 a week later, because we look to the future not the past... and the future is horrible for crypto scams

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 7710 posts

I'll tell you what, I'll trade you a shitload of long numbers for a bar or two of platinum.

mikeman

mikeman

• Members
  • 7710 posts

A canadian bitcoin exchange called maple change said today that they were hacked and all their money was stolen, then they deleted all their media accts and closed up shop. It's probably a scam/inside job but it shows what could happen?

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 21325 posts

A canadian bitcoin exchange called maple change said today that they were hacked and all their money was stolen, then they deleted all their media accts and closed up shop. It's probably a scam/inside job but it shows what could happen?

Never heard of them, but that is why it is advisable to not keep your crypto on an exchange.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 21325 posts
Stellar Airdrop. Free $25 of XLM this week for those who have a Blockchain wallet.

http://fortune.com/2...kchain-stellar/

Dingo

Dingo

• JFC
  • 7460 posts
Crypto showing a bit of life last few dats

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 63474 posts

Big DOWN day for BITCOIN

-FHW-, where the PROS PLAY

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

2018 IAG Tournament of Cappers Champion

• Members
  • 6293 posts
How low will it go?
<p>"Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration." -NM

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• Members
  • 20902 posts

How low will it go?

then up to 4311, then down to 2455

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 9419 posts

How low will it go?

To zero eventually.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

• Members
  • 6293 posts

To zero eventually.

Because Governments will actively undermine??
<p>"Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration." -NM

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 9419 posts

No.  Because they aren't scalable.

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 9419 posts

In other words, there is no possible use case for mass consumption.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

• Members
  • 6293 posts
You don't think that all the crypto could combine into one and survive that way?

Or people are just gonna break away completely over time here?

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 9419 posts

There is a complete breakdown in technology. There's no way Bitcoin or any other crypto can service mass consumerism. We saw that with huge delays and massive fees in BTC and ETH when cryptos were at peak interest back in January. When I was running a full node of BTC, the blockchain was at around 165GB with about a day or two worth of equivalent Visa transactions. There is no possible way to decentralize a ledger servicing as many transactions as Visa alone does. People running full nodes (the people with voting rights on the blockchain) would need massive storage capacity if BTC or any other crypto was ever actually capable of processing enough transactions for mass consumerism.  And centralized full nodes would completely defeat the purpose of a decentralized ledger or cryptos themselves.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

• Members
  • 6293 posts
Oh my.

Appreciate the full breakdown.

milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

this space for rent

• Members
  • 20902 posts

There is a complete breakdown in technology. There's no way Bitcoin or any other crypto can service mass consumerism. We saw that with huge delays and massive fees in BTC and ETH when cryptos were at peak interest back in January. When I was running a full node of BTC, the blockchain was at around 165GB with about a day or two worth of equivalent Visa transactions. There is no possible way to decentralize a ledger servicing as many transactions as Visa alone does. People running full nodes (the people with voting rights on the blockchain) would need massive storage capacity if BTC or any other crypto was ever actually capable of processing enough transactions for mass consumerism.  And centralized full nodes would completely defeat the purpose of a decentralized ledger or cryptos themselves.

yeah as a non-tech guy it was even easy for me to see that btc was a victim of its own success

and at some point these are worthless "assets", they have the same problem as currencies, the us dollar continues to be worth less and less over time because it is backed by nothing but debt... cryptos aren't even backed by anything at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users