Time for a new crypto thread

IAG

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

I think most have been given the green light now.

Yeah that would fukk my projects... 75% of our current clients are ERC-20 tokens... remaining 25% being coin exchanges... ETERBASE baby... gonna change the game in EU

Yeah that would fukk my projects... 75% of our current clients are ERC-20 tokens... remaining 25% being coin exchanges... ETERBASE baby... gonna change the game in EU

Not familiar with etherbase...so many exchanges these days it’s tough to keep up.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

Not familiar with etherbase...so many exchanges these days it’s tough to keep up.

Brand new... ill update you when we are launching officially... aimed to be the best EU crypto exchange... very solid team, very professional...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/technology/bitcoin-goldman-sachs.html

SAN FRANCISCO — “Most big banks have tried to stay far away from the scandal-tainted virtual currency Bitcoin.

But Goldman Sachs, perhaps the most storied name in finance, is bucking the risks and moving ahead with plans to set up what appears to be the first Bitcoin trading operation at a Wall Street bank.

In a step that is likely to lend legitimacy to virtual currencies — and create new concerns for Goldman — the bank is about to begin using its own money to trade with clients in a variety of contracts linked to the price of Bitcoin.

While Goldman will not initially be buying and selling actual Bitcoins, a team at the bank is looking at going in that direction if it can get regulatory approval and figure out how to deal with the additional risks associated with holding the virtual currency.”

“Ms. Yared said Goldman concluded that Bitcoin was not a fraud and that it did not have the characteristics of a currency. But a number of clients wanted to hold it as a valuable commodity, similar to gold, given the limited quantity of Bitcoin that can ever be “mined” in a complex, virtual system set up nearly a decade ago.

“It resonates with us when a client says, ‘I want to hold Bitcoin or Bitcoin futures because I think it is an alternate store of value,’” she said.”

TREMENDOUS! Or is it?

oh boy goldman sucks has concluded that bitcoin isn't a fraud

takes one to know one i guess

Lol.

“In the next few weeks — the exact start date has not been set — Goldman will begin using its own money to trade Bitcoin futures contracts on behalf of clients. It will also create its own, more flexible version of a future, known as a non-deliverable forward, which it will offer to clients.

The bank’s first “digital asset” trader, Justin Schmidt, joined Goldman two weeks ago to handle the day-to-day operations, a hiring that was first reported by Tearsheet. In his last job, Mr. Schmidt, 38, was an electronic trader at the hedge fund Seven Eight Capital. In 2017, he left that job to trade virtual currencies on his own.

He will initially be placed on Goldman’s foreign currency desk because Bitcoin trading has the most similarity to movements in emerging market currencies, Ms. Yared said.

Mr. Schmidt is looking at trading actual Bitcoin — or physical Bitcoin, as it is somewhat ironically called — if the bank can secure regulatory approval from the Federal Reserve and New York authorities.

The firm also has to find a way to confidently hold Bitcoin for customers without its being stolen by hackers, as has happened to many Bitcoin exchanges. Mr. Schmidt and Ms. Yared said the current options for holding Bitcoin for clients did not yet meet Wall Street standards.

Goldman is known for pushing the envelope in the trading of complicated products. The firm faced significant criticism after the financial crisis for its profitable trading of so-called synthetic derivatives tied to the subprime mortgage markets.“

oh boy goldman sucks has concluded that bitcoin isn't a fraud

takes one to know one i guess

Yup

They see the money involved and want a piece of the action especially if EFT are allowed down the road.

They have been involved for awhile now in partnership with others in Chinese Crypto currency

I would say it’s not a good thing as it will definitely start bringing more scrutiny by the SEC as Goldman has been a repeat offender of some of the biggest financial scandals

The only reason Goldman wants to get involved is because they can now legally manipulate the markets (rather than the shady stuff they do in regulated markets).

Yup

Paying fines is part of doing business for them

Like the market isn’t manipulated enough

Think it could get really ugly fast

Yup

They see the money involved and want a piece of the action especially if EFT are allowed down the road.

They have been involved for awhile now in partnership with others in Chinese Crypto currency

I would say it’s not a good thing as it will definitely start bringing more scrutiny by the SEC as Goldman has been a repeat offender of some of the biggest financial scandals

I don’t remember them being involved with any currency.... They backed Circle and Poloniex...is that maybe what you were thinking of?

I don’t remember them being involved with any currency.... They backed Circle and Poloniex...is that maybe what you were thinking of?

You don’t recall when we did some homework on circle and vechain?

I sent you a list of Goldman Sachs partnership in Circle amongst other projects.

Breyer Capital,IDG Capital,Accel Partners ...they provided financing to them

You don’t recall when we did some homework on circle and vechain?

I sent you a list of Goldman Sachs partnership in Circle amongst other projects.

Breyer Capital,IDG Capital,Accel Partners ...they provided financing to them

Like I said, I remember them backing Circle and them buying Poloniex. I don’t recall anything that indicated that they had a direct interest in any currency.. or maybe I thought you made a leap there.... don’t remember exactly.

Like I said, I remember them backing Circle and them buying Poloniex. I don’t recall anything that indicated that they had a direct interest in any currency.. or maybe I thought you made a leap there.... don’t remember exactly.

That’s how the big boys play they either finance you or take a position in your company to eventually take over if they see it is feasible

They financed Jim Breyer who’s a big player in Chinese currency

That’s how the big boys play they either finance you or take a position in your company to eventually take over if they see it is feasible

They financed Jim Breyer who’s a big player in Chinese currency

Ok. I didn’t understand your post above. I thought you were indicating a more direct link. I googled and see now Breyer tied to VEN..

Damn. I have been watching IOTA all morning debating whether to buy some. I’m not really a fan, but it’s really moving.

here's one of the fun things goldman sachs does... they convince the medical mafia to prolong cancers and other diseases (rather than treat them, let's all do some lengthy and ineffective chemo), yet bash them when they actually have treatments that work, because that isn't a "sustainable business model"

Goldman Sachs estimates the U.S. sales for these treatments will be less than $4 billion this year, according to a table in the report.

“GILD is a case in point, where the success of its hepatitis C franchise has gradually exhausted the available pool of treatable patients,” the analyst wrote.

“In the case of infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, curing existing patients also decreases the number of carriers able to transmit the virus to new patients, thus the incident pool also declines…

here's one of the fun things goldman sachs does... they convince the medical mafia to prolong cancers and other diseases (rather than treat them, let's all do some lengthy and ineffective chemo), yet bash them when they actually have treatments that work, because that isn't a "sustainable business model"

Goldman Sachs estimates the U.S. sales for these treatments will be less than $4 billion this year, according to a table in the report.

“GILD is a case in point, where the success of its hepatitis C franchise has gradually exhausted the available pool of treatable patients,” the analyst wrote.

“In the case of infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, curing existing patients also decreases the number of carriers able to transmit the virus to new patients, thus the incident pool also declines…

Scum

Since the Goldman announcement the market has changed from a Alt market to a Btc

Anyone else think this?

Didn’t notice. I actually thought BTC dominance had been dropping, but haven’t really thought about it much...you may be right. It would make sense.

SEC discussion tomorrow about whether ETH is a security. Not too much panic that I’ve seen...a little surprised not more FUD being spread, Then again I haven’t been on Twitter for a while .