Time for a new crypto thread

IAG

You ever use LocalBitcoins IAG?

No. I looked at it once, but the banks are really cracking down and will likely close your account if you utilize that method. If I were going to use it, I would meet somebody face-to-face and transact cash somehow. The bank deposit thing has not worked out well for many...Rito I think had problems because of it, and I’ve read too many stories.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading a Tron v Ethereum (spelling?) thing on Twitter earlier and people were all about Tron but yet saying it was unfair to Eth to compare them.

I cannot find the exact thing again or else I'd try posting it but do you have any thoughts on the two?

I own Ethereum. I do not own Tron. In Monkey’s words about EOS, I wouldn’t buy Tron with someone else’s money.

But that’s a lie. I would buy it was someone else’s money....but I am not buying it with my own. Tron makes me feel like I need to take a shower after reading about it. Plus I’m on the competition (Eos and Eth)

A lot of people like it I guess, but does nothing for me and I associate it with Verge for some reason (Verge is worse) because they took off about the same time. I traded both for a while in December, but won’t buy again.

That all being said, I need to read up more about them. I haven’t been keeping up with the research like I was last year. It’s possible there are new developments and something that would indicate it’s legitimacy, but for now I’m staying away. QOH at Peeps and a couple others there are big on it...There is a thread over there and she has posted information but you have to be careful. You can Google any coin and find a bunch of shill and promotional articles about any coin. They probably know more about it than I do. I just remember the scammy things like plagerizing the white paper and so forth.

It’s says on reddit that you had to make a password for their fundraising page to protect your key in case of theft of your paper wallet

That’s the PW there talking about I think

Yeah...I just didn’t remember it or remember making one., ButI just found the private and public key info and some notes which appear to be a Pw. I think I’m good. I just need to make sure I do whatever I need to do with it. If it’s actually going to launch, don’t want to miss out after almost a year.

EOS still 35% off its pump and dump high.

It should be pretty worrisome to people holding EOS that the top 10 ERC20 addresses own almost 50% of the tokens.

LOL. It’s up 672 percent in the last 200 days and up 27 percent last 45 days. It’s doing fine. I don’t remember when it went higher,but my guess is it was prior to an airdrop or prior to election for the masternodes.

Same with BTC as far as ownership.. They were always concerns about how decentralized it would be for other reasons, but I haven’t read this most recent article though.

Thanks for answering all of my questions when I have them, IAG. 

I am def in the 'scouting phase' of all of this before I fully get in. Just trying to gather info, do my research and see if this is for me or not. I do get caught up in liking the hype when I read/see stuff, so it's good to have you to give thoughts and poor cold water on them when necessary. 

LOL. It’s up 672 percent in the last 200 days and up 27 percent last 45 days. It’s doing fine. I don’t remember when it went higher,but my guess is it was prior to an airdrop or prior to election for the masternodes.

Same with BTC as far as ownership.. They were always concerns about how decentralized it would be for other reasons, but I haven’t read this most recent article though.

10 people don't own half the bitcoins... more than 1000 people hold 40%

10 people don't own half the bitcoins... more than 1000 people hold 40%

That’s right. With 20x plus the market cap on BTC and EOS having a huge supply, I don’t know how the percentages work out as such, the point is it’s still very concentrated. They made the same point about BTC when that info came out.

How do you not remember when it was at $21?

There was a pretty big discussion about it here.  Probably in this thread.

You were even talking about buying more at $18 if I remember correctly.

Do any of y'all ever venture in 'crypto twitter?'

Those dudes be talking crypto all day and are super obsessed. 

Occasionally I see one or two comment on something unrelated to crypto but then when they get dissed, I go on their pages to see what they all talk about and all that. But seems like there's a vibrant community of young men trading crypto all day. 

How do you not remember when it was at $21?

There was a pretty big discussion about it here.  Probably in this thread.

You were even talking about buying more at $18 if I remember correctly.

I remember when it was, I just don’t remember WHEN it was.

10 addresses owning 50% is a pretty ridiculous number.  It could be mostly exchanges but that could even more of a problem for people when you can't transfer the tokens.

Which releases will the exchanges give their users coins?

the main problem is it that eos was never meant to be decentralized... quite the contrary when some upvotes get $.02 and ned's upvotes can get $3000

doesn't seem to decentralized to me if my posts are worth 150,000 fishhead posts... but that might actually be true  :laugh

Occasionally I see one or two comment on something unrelated to crypto but then when they get dissed, I go on their pages to see what they all talk about and all that. But seems like there's a vibrant community of young men trading crypto all day.

Oh yeah. I used to follow all the crypto you tubers or a good portion of the well-known ones anyway, and I subscribe to mostly only crypto tweeters.

Sorry, not sure I understand the question.

Block.one isn't creating the mainnet.  Other people are and there will likely be competing mainnets since no one is officially designated to launch a mainnet.

Which (mainnet) releases of the EOS software will the exchanges who have people's tokens honor?

I read both twitter and reddit with the coins I own and some that I am interested in

Lots of personal agenda in those formats but can be very informative

Block.one isn't creating the mainnet. Other people are and there will likely be competing mainnets since no one is officially designated to launch a mainnet.

Which (mainnet) releases of the EOS software will the exchanges who have people's tokens honor?

As far as airdrops? EOS coins will still be EOS. The projects utilizing it will have their own coins.

I would imagine after one becomes dominant then they will become the main net and use EOS but not certain.. there will be lots of forks. I may be out before all that happens I don’t know yet. Tezos sounds like they are finally ready to launch soon so I may become more focused on that for a while.