Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OT: Any Chess Players here?

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

2018 IAG Tournament of Cappers Champion

• Members
  • 3805 posts

3rd game was intense!!

"Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration." -NM

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 19137 posts
I hate you.

:)
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

...because the deafening roar of indefinite war is epic.

trytrytry

trytrytry

All I do is TRY TRY TRY

• JFC
  • 8832 posts

I like to castle to Queen side

<span style='color: #800080'><span style='font-size: px;'><span style='font-family: lucida sans unicode'><strong class='bbc'>ALL I DO IS TRYTRYTRY</strong></span></span></span>

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

• Members
  • 3805 posts

Last game was EPIC!

I thought you were gonna take me a few times there. 

So great. 

I had a lot of fun. Thank you, IAG.

"Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration." -NM

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 19137 posts
Well that was better anyway! I should’ve had that one!! One of those later movies was a rook up two spaces that I accidentally dropped early and it doesn’t let you take it back. I’m not sure how much difference it would’ve made but you have to be careful if you pick up those pieces! Lol

Good game!

Thank you! You should play sir dingo. I think that would be a good match.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>SP NATION

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 32193 posts

Did this Mach guy just stay up all night and post on TGF? 

This is some impressive stuff.  

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 19137 posts

I think so!!

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

• Members
  • 3805 posts

In fairness, after my weed soda last night/early am, I ended up sleeping like all damn day yesterday. 

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

• Members
  • 3805 posts

Well that was better anyway! I should’ve had that one!! One of those later movies was a rook up two spaces that I accidentally dropped early and it doesn’t let you take it back. I’m not sure how much difference it would’ve made but you have to be careful if you pick up those pieces! Lol

Good game!

Thank you! You should play sir dingo. I think that would be a good match.

Yeah. There were a few times where I thought you were gonna seize on your position and box me in and all that. 

Felt fortunate to escape with that one. 

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 19137 posts

Yeah. There were a few times where I thought you were gonna seize on your position and box me in and all that. 

Felt fortunate to escape with that one.

That’s my problem. I just go with the FLOW. . I can think ahead several moves and play out scenarios in my head, but not a complete big picture or technique to close many times when I should. Surprisingly it has not bothered me to continue losing to you. Lol...It’s always fun.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

• Members
  • 3805 posts

That’s my problem. I just go with the FLOW. . I can think ahead several moves and play out scenarios in my head, but not a complete big picture or technique to close many times when I should. Surprisingly it has not bothered me to continue losing to you. Lol...It’s always fun.

It's always a good time!

Eventually we'll sharpen up to the point where we can play SLim/VD/Moldy/etc and hold our own. 

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 19137 posts

It's always a good time!

Eventually we'll sharpen up to the point where we can play SLim/VD/Moldy/etc and hold our own.

Hope so!

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 19137 posts

I like to castle to Queen side

Try needs to get in the TGF chess club play rotation!

JD friended me on there so I will look forward to playing him soon.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67452 posts
GOT MY DRAW :hurray

Viejo Dinosaur

Viejo Dinosaur

• Members
  • 7399 posts
A draw for you Kinger is like a win....

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67452 posts
VD = Dirty player

joeybagadonuts

joeybagadonuts

Satan Wins dot com

• FFF
  • 24876 posts

VD = Dirty player

подтвердил
"Cryptic bets, hot dog/hamburger discussion, threats, wigger cucumber, and so on. Good thread. Helps with the insomnia and is more fun than Statistics homework."

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7941 posts

Because it's cheating and unethical? Had no clue that Monkey liked taking shots like that...

You must think that using a computer to model sports is unethical and cheating too.

KingRevolver

KingRevolver

kr@thegamblingforum.com

• Administrators
  • 67452 posts
As usual, Monkey comes back with a dumb comparison.

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7941 posts
It's only "dumb" because you can't refute it.

If you can use a tool to beat a game (chess bots are basically probabilistic models), you should.

If you can and don't, you're a sucker.

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1725 posts

If you can use a tool to beat a game (chess bots are basically probabilistic models), you should.

... i hope you were on drugs when you wrote that.

"A few short years back in my end of things you couldn't find one fukkin arm that would take Mathy on a sheet. His name was shit even amongst the backalley juicemen." - billysink

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 7941 posts

... i hope you were on drugs when you wrote that.

You scared of a little bot?

Like a "recreational" book.

BAUS

BAUS

BAUS

• JFC
  • 2124 posts

Doesn't make any sense to use a chess bot if you are playing for fun and trying to improve yourself at the game. 

That would be like going out to play tennis and hiring a pro to play for you while you sit and watch while sipping lemonade. 

BAUS 

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1725 posts

You scared of a little bot?

Like a "recreational" book.

No, it's closer to hacking a book and making whatever lines you want. Your analogy is way off. 

"A few short years back in my end of things you couldn't find one fukkin arm that would take Mathy on a sheet. His name was shit even amongst the backalley juicemen." - billysink

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Doesn't make any sense to use a chess bot if you are playing for fun and trying to improve yourself at the game. 

That would be like going out to play tennis and hiring a pro to play for you while you sit and watch while sipping lemonade. 

BAUS 

Or bribing the umpire to make every call go your way. You scared of a little corruption?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users