OT: Any Chess Players here?

Machiavelli

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was better anyway! I should’ve had that one!! One of those later movies was a rook up two spaces that I accidentally dropped early and it doesn’t let you take it back. I’m not sure how much difference it would’ve made but you have to be careful if you pick up those pieces! Lol

Good game!

Thank you! You should play sir dingo. I think that would be a good match.

Well that was better anyway! I should’ve had that one!! One of those later movies was a rook up two spaces that I accidentally dropped early and it doesn’t let you take it back. I’m not sure how much difference it would’ve made but you have to be careful if you pick up those pieces! Lol

Good game!

Thank you! You should play sir dingo. I think that would be a good match.

Yeah. There were a few times where I thought you were gonna seize on your position and box me in and all that. 

Felt fortunate to escape with that one. 

Yeah. There were a few times where I thought you were gonna seize on your position and box me in and all that. 

Felt fortunate to escape with that one.

That’s my problem. I just go with the FLOW. . I can think ahead several moves and play out scenarios in my head, but not a complete big picture or technique to close many times when I should. Surprisingly it has not bothered me to continue losing to you. Lol...It’s always fun.

That’s my problem. I just go with the FLOW. . I can think ahead several moves and play out scenarios in my head, but not a complete big picture or technique to close many times when I should. Surprisingly it has not bothered me to continue losing to you. Lol...It’s always fun.

It's always a good time!

Eventually we'll sharpen up to the point where we can play SLim/VD/Moldy/etc and hold our own. 

It's only "dumb" because you can't refute it.

If you can use a tool to beat a game (chess bots are basically probabilistic models), you should.

If you can and don't, you're a sucker.

Doesn't make any sense to use a chess bot if you are playing for fun and trying to improve yourself at the game. 

That would be like going out to play tennis and hiring a pro to play for you while you sit and watch while sipping lemonade. 

BAUS 

Doesn't make any sense to use a chess bot if you are playing for fun and trying to improve yourself at the game. 

That would be like going out to play tennis and hiring a pro to play for you while you sit and watch while sipping lemonade. 

BAUS 

Or bribing the umpire to make every call go your way. You scared of a little corruption?