hey cok smokers, check out my new kitties

sleepy

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bullshit. They have it on stairs too. And they have crown, chair rail. No problems with plaster there.

You saying the needed shoe...to properly attach trim to a plaster wall.

You're reaching bro.

im telling you why it was often used in older houses. Yes it’s was used as a decorative piece under stair treads 50-100 years ago. So what. I’m telling you why it’s not needed or used these days unless you do shit work or are lazy or a combo of both.

I've built thousands and thousands of houses,townhomes,condos..whatever.

Shoe on all hard floors.

Of course in Chicago our electric goes in conduit.

Our water lines are in copper.

Our drains our cast iron.

The use of flexible duct is extremely limited.

In other words, we have some of the strictest building codes in the entire country. Unions are strong here. You fucks living in scab country where people make peanuts to do construction work are never a group I'd go to to ask advice or model any of my efforts or opinions after.

Is this a shitty job? I wouldn’t even know. Hardwoods in the living room running into the travertine tile in the kitchen.

3_CC589_C4-_B53_D-46_D2-_A0_E1-58349_C59

I'm not into that little baby piece of rounded trim

In my last house I stripped off all the square corner bead and rounded the edges for a modern look.

I used these pieces so that it was a square corner for the trim and 1/4 round and it transitioned to round as it went up the wall.

Craftsmanship

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=u66__gPgBDE

looks Good diabler, that is the correct way. We leave a little more gap between wood/tile due to our extreme weather changes from season to season causing expansion and contraction. As long as your wood was acclimated properly you have little risk of any problem there.

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

They finally come out from the box to check things out this morning. The calico cat decided to walk right into her water bowl. Dumb thing stood in there with all four paws submerged.

:laugh  kitties doing dumb shit while looking cute is part of what makes it good and fun to have kitties... enjoy

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

sleepy is gonna turn into one of those cat ladies that has 100 of them 

me too, rather live w 10 cats than 2 humans

humans fukkin suck

Not sure what the argument is in here but 1/4 round is predominantly used to cover cut edges that may not be perfect.  Ideally the drywall should sit on top of the tile so there would be no cut lines to hide.  But you still find 1/4 round in houses everywhere.  Some like the look. But if the tile (and drywall) is cut properly it isn't necessary.  I prefer nice wood trim with caulking pushed into the gap in bathrooms.

House claimed that the correct way is quarter round every single time on hard surfaces. I informed him of the uses of quarter round but he argues that he has built thousands of houses and he is in a union with the strictest codes in America and that it is a must on every single floor besides carpet. He called sleepy cheap for not having quarter round, but quarter round is the cheapest thing that can be done to cover up a lazy persons bad craftsmanship.