Monday Deadwood report

IAG

Beautiful day here. I should’ve been up early and sightseeing but I am still recovering from the drive. Back out of whack plus I think I trapped a nerve Saturday by leaning on my elbow or whatever on the blackjack table too long...my pinky finger and one next to it are numb.

I have been staying up too late...Woke up and ordered room service about 10 AM. Had malted waffles and bacon. It was OK. I don’t normally eat breakfast, but haven’t been eating regular meals so thought I should probably try to do so.

Went to the Silverado and dumped 500 on blackjack. Then would not open a roulette table, so I went to Cadillac Jacks. I was the only one at the roulette table. Dealer hit my 26 back to back putting me up $1000 immediately. Of course I got greedy, deviated from system until I was down 1500. Got up from chair and threw $50 each on five different numbers. Dealer had 24 which paid $1750. Couldn’t believe it. Tipped her $100. Played the same thing again. Hit again. Tipped her $200. Continued playing with $25 per square and she hit 875 to next 5 spins or so. Ended up tipping five or $600 at least, and leaving ahead $1900. I’m thinking that probably puts me even or ahead for trip. Have to count it out later.Now back in the room and I am going to take a shower, order some food, and play with the cat.

Kind of regret tipping so crazy but I guess I really don’t care if I had fun. I guess that is what separates me from serious gamblers. They do it to make money. I do it to have fun and not lose. That was a crazy heater though.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing, keep the reports coming IAG.........good stuff.

Thanks Fish!

I do have one problem. Maybe some of you have some ideas. So as you know they allowed the cat in the room. I bought a three pack of disposable litter boxes and a big box of litter. Only thing I forgot was a scoop!! I was going to drive out of town and find a pet store. I doubt they have anything in town. I have two Litter boxes going at the moment. I want to call housekeeping and ask if they will dispose of one entire box, but I feel like that’s a little much to ask. I guess I can hold out until I get the scoop, but eventually these boxes need to go somewhere......it’s been two days and room is smelling just a bit funky. Not really like P or poop, just funny. I wonder what other people have done in this situation. Seems very awkward.

P.s. Don’t even suggest trying to clean it out by hand.

usually garbage cans would have a plastic bag, plus maybe another 1 or more under it as replacements... so you might have a few bags you could dump it into?

They aren’t very big, and the whole box won’t fit in. I should’ve just bought a bunch of the cheap less industrial types, but wasn’t sure she would take to the litter that was already in there. I’m kind of embarrassed to even have housekeeping come in, much less room service. LOL

On that note, have to stop ordering room service. The first night was free because they screwed up. I guess this morning was the only other time. I really don’t want to go to a restaurant by myself though. That’s kind of weird to me. I have done it, but would prefer to order room service but that gets expensive.

Guys shooting sperm everywhere and women leaking on the mattresses............GOD forbid a kitty in the room.

:doh

LOL. I didn’t do the cat in the bag like you and Brick suggested. I have to pay an extra $25 per night for the cat. Cheaper than a boarding place I’m guessing. I should’ve bought a little hand vac because she’s kicking it over the sides of the box. Next time I’ll have to bring the litter robot ha. I didn’t do the cat in the bag like you and Brick suggested. I have to pay an extra $25 per night for the cat. Cheaper than a pet sitter I’m guessing tho. I should’ve bought a little hand vac. because she’s kicking it over the sides of the box. Next time I’ll have to bring the litter robot LOL .

Should not have given the dealers so much money and saved it for her then housekeeping staff.

3500 swing on roulette but worried about room service costs

that sounds like me, or any other gambler lol

What is funny to me is that the most I played on a hand of blackjack was $75...usually $25-50, but was betting $200-$300 per spin on roulette at the end ON THE INSIDE ...but $100 on a hand of blackjack was just a little too rich for my blood. LOL. I think it also has to do with how I am doing. If I am up big I will bet more and if I am losing a lot I will bet more. The thing here with blackjack check is it was $100 max bet So if you get down it’s kind of difficult to get it back. Roulette is different,

3500 swing on roulette but worried about room service costs

that sounds like me, or any other gambler lol

Oh and I gave myself a theoretical maximum spending allowance for the trip, and those room service costs will cut into my gambling budget ha. Problem is that I’m not gambling at the hotel I’m staying at. No chance of getting comped.

Tipping the roulette dealer $600 is crazy. I'm all for tipping but that is excessive.

Yeah. ...it kind of was. it wasn’t on one spin. That was over the course of probably 3-4 hours, but 90% was in the last half an hour. I was so dumbfounded by being down $1500 and then up $2000 dollars in 10 minutes when I was just ready to leave, that it just kind of poured out of me in gratitude. But yeah, as I was walking away I was thinking that was really dumb. I’m of firm belief that excess of tipping helps your rating though. I intend to get that $600 back in room comps on next trip.

I was just so damn grateful!!

I was mad at myself for being up $1000 after 2 spins and then letting myself get down 1500. When you think you were leaving down 1500 and then immediately you are up $2000, well I was just thankful... Plus I don’t think these dealers make shit here. Someone said six dollars an hour plus tips. I find that a little hard to believe but there is nobody plane. I assume on the weekends it gets busy but I am amazed at how empty the table games were.

Guys shooting sperm everywhere and women leaking on the mattresses............GOD forbid a kitty in the room.

:doh

cats leave a protein in saliva/urine/etc that people are allergic to that is pretty hard to clean off of everything

no maid is going to scrub the legs of a chair that a cat might have come into contact with

Nice hit at the roulette table, IAG!

Yeah, I would've tipped $100 during that run. How long were you there? Probably 30 minutes. $100 for 30 minutes is pretty damn good!

$600 bucks to the dealer maybe just a little excessive but glad you are having fun.

Thanks guys. I’m thinking I was there 4 hours or so. A guy came and started playing midway through and he was tipping huge like that too. He was playing $25 on about five numbers and if they hit his number he gave them $50-$100. He cleaned up. He was down for a while too. That’s why I like roulette.....it just takes one good one and you are right back to even

Heck of a comeback. I can see how you'd get caught up in the moment and over tip. Best of luck tomorrow!

Thanks! That’s exactly what it was! I’m going to try to get to bed early tonight and then get up early and see some things. Maybe go to Wall Drug or Mount Rushmore.

cats leave a protein in saliva/urine/etc that people are allergic to that is pretty hard to clean off of everything

no maid is going to scrub the legs of a chair that a cat might have come into contact with

For what some charge on pet fees, they can afford to replace the furniture!

Thanks! That’s exactly what it was! I’m going to try to get to bed early tonight and then get up early and see some things. Maybe go to Wall Drug or Mount Rushmore.

mt rushmore same as deadwood... seems almost deserted other than summertime... most of the hotels/restaurants in keystone there close during the offseason